*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Would it be too much to ask to draft a WR here? Kelvin Harmon? Stanley Morgan? A guy who can grow with Sam? Maybe Preston Williams?

Can't believe Harmon is still on the board. Either him or Morgan would be very nice.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Edge Pittsburgh just took is like 99th percentile everything besides weight

I don't really look at that as an shot pick though. For Smith it's more along the lines of the athleticism and general skill set as the floor, not the ceiling. It's not a long odds gamble that he's gonna turn into the edge rusher those 99s portend so much as that the athleticism and general football chops are an assurance that he'll be useful for something. I like the pick though. I would definitely have looked at him vs Cashman.

5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Jets got to pick a WR with next pick. Love 4 receivers here.  You got Kelvin Harmon,  Stanley Morgan,  Keelan Doss and Emanuel Hall.   

I hope take a shot with Hall, like his size and speed

16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Which is this whole draft; Maccagnan investing in replacing his own mistakes to the exclusion of the rest of the roster. 

What does that even mean???  You always draft players to replace previous players.  Yes, Lee hasn't worked out so move on.  The answer to the previous questions (how many more years do we have to pay Williamson) the answer is one.  This year.  He can be cut next year and only cost the team $2mm.  After that, $0.  So, Cashman was a good pick.  If he works out, we have him for several more years at a very reasonable cost.

• Upvote 1

6'3"221 lbsNC State
14POS RK
100OVR RK
72GRADE

dm_190421_nfl_draft_profile_kelvin_harmon.jpgplay

0:50

NFL draft profile: Kelvin Harmon

Kelvin Harmon is a wide receiver out of NC State who has great size and a unique ability to make contested catches.

Pre-Draft Analysis

Harmon has outstanding size, and he's a long strider with adequate top-end speed for his frame. He tracks the ball well, and he does a good job of adjusting to back-shoulder throws. He makes contested catches. He's a big target with a real feel for coverage, and he can find pockets in zone looks.

As for the alleged rift between Gase and Mac, who knows if it's true.  Chances are something happened but that's what Gase is all about.  He is going to butt heads all along the way.  IF Mac is indeed canned AFTER the draft but BEFORE the season, Goodell should be on the phone with the Johnsons demanding they sell the team.  I just think this whole thing is overblown.

As for Mac, he was given one last chance to right the ship.  He has added Le'Veon, BJ, Poole, Crowder and Osemele.  He has added probably the best player in the draft in Q. Williams.  He has taken a chance on Polite which I'm fine with.  If that works out, this defense will be light years better than last year.  Even if he doesn't address center (I think he will find a bandaid) and CB2, I think this team will win 8 games this year and go into next offseason with only a few glaring needs.  And I think this team will be fun to watch.

If that doesn't happen, then Mac is gone.  It's as simple as that.  Stop the whining.