joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

2 minutes ago, bigalbarracuda said:

What's the deal with Kelvin Harmon? Thought he'd be a really nice piece and would be way gone by now.

Doesn't get any separation. With that said, we are at the point of the draft where he is definitely worth a flier.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Untouchable said:

I’m not sure what makes so many of you guys think that some late round rookie center like Pierschbacher or Gaillard is going to beat out Harrison.

As soon as a guy like McGovern went off the board it was time to give a cheap vet like Wisniewski a call.

True

• Butt Fumble 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Mccagnan is having a nice draft especially for not having a 2nd round pick.  Too much needless complaining.  

He's really not. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Mccagnan is having a nice draft especially for not having a 2nd round pick.  Too much needless complaining.  

Agreed.  I initially was disappointed we didn't take Allen at 3 but with addition of Polite and the Edoga, he is doing a nice job.  Tesco and Cashman could also make the roster and make meaningful contributions.  

I’m dumb high on Cashman and think he’ll be a starter by the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Very solid draft by Mac so far have to say 

Very few complaints.  If they had a 2nd i imagine they would have drafted a starting cb and this draft could be considered a home run, and easily his best (though that’s not saying much) 

overall i like the upside of the picks, doesn’t feel like they flushed any yet.

• Upvote 1

Cashman is not a pick for need, and Mac seems to almost intentionally be helping Darnold but this is a very strong pick. Not only does he have production, his measurables outside of the bench were very very solid at the combine. He is very fast AND very quick with a sub 7 3 cone. He could have a really strong role as a nickle linebacker as he should be a good blitzer and several noted he is very skilled at covering TEs, and he should be a ST beast. I have to think Lee is traded or released now. The last two picks are FAR from sexy but they should improve this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Minnesota fans are pissed we got Cashman.  Guess he's got great instincts.

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Lee will be traded in training camp.

for a bag of cool ranch Doritos and a whoopee cushion.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ross Pierscbacher C to the Redskins DAMMIT 

Not impressed with him, someone better will be cut in the summer

Just now, kdels62 said:

I’m dumb high on Cashman and think he’ll be a starter by the end of the season.

Over who? 

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

And drafted a blocking tight end which helps both the pass and run games when faceing teams with a strong pass rush by adding an extra blocker

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

The blocking TE they drafted also caught 26 balls of of 30 targets for a 12.2 average.  Think Sam is really going to like him

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah. Unless Polite has a come-to-Jesus moment in the next three months, the team isn't any better today than it was last week, and it's a declining situation moving forward because Bell is old and our decent offensive linemen are free agents. Macc is so deep into redundancy that he's just swapping his old lame pickups with new lame pickups.  Hopefully the rumors are true and Macc is on the way out or we're just spinning our wheels in perpetuity.

Maybe this will make you start rooting for another team ? One can only hope.

• Haha 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah. Unless Polite has a come-to-Jesus moment in the next three months, the team isn't any better today than it was last week, and it's a declining situation moving forward because Bell is old and our decent offensive linemen are free agents. Macc is so deep into redundancy that he's just swapping his old lame pickups with new lame pickups.  Hopefully the rumors are true and Macc is on the way out or we're just spinning our wheels in perpetuity.

Agreed, frankly.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

For sure. I said they are trending that way, not that every pick will be analytics driven. It's a good start.

So your ideal GM is a guy with a premium PFF subscription?

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

12 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

What does even mean?

Apparently thinks that this player was taken to replace Lee.  Believes there are only 11 roster spots for defensive players.  We should never look to improve the roster, we have LBs, who needs to draft one. 

Of course we can say the same about every player drafted by every single team in the NFL but.....

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Cashman reminds me of the last LB JAG that we picked whose name I have already forgotten because, well, he's gone.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Can you tell me something good about our new tackle? Like, its known around campus that he only stops working out to go feed homeless children, or something...

As far as community service, USC won the National Community Services Award...again.  All these athletes participate.  This takes care of the good guy part.

https://news.usc.edu/146551/usc-athletics-wins-top-community-service-award-from-athletic-directors-group-fiesta-bowl/

Lot of good about Chuma once he matured and grew up.  Talented and nasty once he got serious about the game, stayed his senior year to prove that.  He is very happy to team up with Sam again.  Sam “mr. clean” is happy, that counts for something.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

Agreed.  I initially was disappointed we didn't take Allen at 3 but with addition of Polite and the Edoga, he is doing a nice job.  Tesco and Cashman could also make the roster and make meaningful contributions.  

Tomlinson sucks.  Can’t catch and gets too many penalties blocking.  It’s crappy guys like this who make darnold’s job harder.  The tesco pick helps the offense as much as drafting a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bell, crowder, Bellamy, osmele, Wesco, edoga... No help... Understood

Don’t forget Ty Montgomery a threat as a runner and a receiver. 

You guys know didly. What makes you think you know much about college players you have not seen playing? It is so funny to read your posts. Go Jets!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Not impressed with him, someone better will be cut in the summer

That's a distinct possibility. Happens every year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Over who? 

If we go 4-3, he’ll be the SLB. If we go 3-4 he’ll play in sub packages but I think he’ll find a spot. 

here a profile

Blake Cashman LB Minnesota

by Drew Boylhart • April 5, 2019

STRENGTHS
Blake has the talent to be a solid linebacker in the right system. He has good size and speed and does a good job playing within the game plan of the defensive system his college team uses. He has made impact players and has shown leadership skills that are needed to be a coach on the field and that makes him more valuable. Blake has the enough change of direction skills, to be used off the line in zone coverages with the play in front of him. He does a good job recognizing and reacting and has a good burst to the play, making tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Blake in the right defensive system will make impact plays and can become a core player and a fan favorite for the team that selects him.

CONCERNS
Blake does not have the elite athleticism or size and length to make him the type of player who can be used in multiple styles of defenses. Blake also losses leverage when tackling because once he engages he stops his feet and then tries to muscle the player down to the ground. He must learn to tackle “through” the player and not “at” the player. He also has to gain better strength in his hands to make the sure tackle. Blake has to play with more passion and commitment to what he sees in front of him. His initial reaction is quick but than his follow up reaction is too careful and lacks conviction. Blake also doesn’t meet blocks and shed them and make tackles, he goes around the blocks and at the next level that will not work.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 4.39 
Blake has been an impact player for his college team because he is in the right defense that keeps big bodies off of him so that he can roam free and make tackles. If he is in that system at the next level he can impact for the team that selects him too. That being said that doesn’t change Blake’s ability to make tackles with better passion and aggressiveness and form. He still has to get stronger and tackle better. He still has to get better in coverage so that he can be used in man to man coverages or, Blake will bounce around the NFL. Now profiling linebackers is very difficult for me because linebackers in most cases are what I call, “system related”. This means that player fits a certain system and when that defensive coordinator is fired, in most cases that linebacker will be let go also. When that DC gets hired, that LB will be signed once again, to run that system on the field for that DC. Blake will be that type of linebacker and that doesn’t mean he won’t succeed, it just means as long as that defense is good and that DC is on the team and Blake doesn’t carry to big a salary, he can have a very productive and long career.

WP Post Author

7e6e150bafa51f4b3edc1db0a6080e64?s=150&d

Drew Boylhart

dboylhart@thehuddlereport.com

I have been following and been involved in the NFL Draft starting in 1979, and been doing public profile’s for The Huddle Report since 2004

•  
  •  

Just now, Stella51 said:

You guys know didly. What makes you think you know much about college players you have not seen playing? It is so funny to read your posts. Go Jets!!!!

Welcome to the board and to the NY Jets Blake Cashman.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Reviews of next pick:

What a stupid pick FILL IN NAME Mac just made!  He's redundant!  He's stubborn!  He doesn't know what he's doing!  He doesn't have a plan!  Blah, blah, blah.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's really not. 

He's doing better than your 1st round mock picks for the Giants.

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

It's painful...   wave after wave of arrogance...   from a buncha moke football fans glued to teh Tv and their computer

Don’t think I’d call it arrogance...more like battered Jet’s fan syndrome.

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

The blocking TE they drafted also caught 26 balls of of 30 targets for a 12.2 average.  Think Sam is really going to like him

I think Bell is going to LOVE him!

• Upvote 1