Poll: Will Antonio Brown get signed by another NFL team this season?

Poll: Will Antonio Brown get signed by another NFL team this season?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Will Antonio Brown get signed by another NFL team this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2019 at 09:09 PM

I'm sorry but, chip on the shoulder diva that he may be, Antonio Brown is no Josh Gordon. Not even in the same psychiatric orbit. He's extremely productive, probably the best receiver in football, and is not a lot different than a host of diva receivers past and present. The team that takes Brown now will get a different player, simply because he has something to prove... i.e., that he was not to blame for Oakland. It's take a contender with a strong front office. It won't be the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The Jets have to entertain the thought of signing Brown and at least bring him in for a conversation - even if its just a ploy to try to keep him away from the Pats. He's friends with Bell. Talk to Bell and get his opinion. If Brown really wants to be a Jets then go from there. If he'd rather be somewhere else then so be it - but bring him in and talk to him.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The Pats signed Moss and it worked out well for them. They didn’t see the same returns with Josh Gordon. They take chances on players like him but it’s not guaranteed that it’ll work out.

Absolutely true. 

It's a crapshoot. 

But, my thinking here is that if the Raiders can divest themselves of his contract, why NOT try him out if he's amenable--and the Jets are satisfied? He certainly fills a need and is a proven winner. The guy's won a SB and is statistically amazing. 

All of a sudden the Jets go from kinda being confident on offense to being virtually unstoppable. And Bell knows him. Wait, how in the hell can anyone in one sentence support Bell and in the other cry "unsuitable" about Brown? Look, it's really about the threat of Brown that's the most important. If a locker room can't take a prima donna and school him, what kind of locker room is it? This is the NFL, they got wife beating kickers for heavens sake...

• Upvote 2

I have a theory, could be wrong, that the owners don't like these loud, entitled, overpaid superstars biting the hand that feeds them and finding brand-damaging loopholes to bail out of their contracts and orchestrate a comfortable reentry on a team and at a price that they prefer.  Le'Veon, Luck, AB, who's next?  Mayfield and Saquon look likely.  Nothing stopping Le'Veon from pulling a Steelers on the Jets next year.

There's no such thing as a contract, trade, or a valid free agent if 10, 20, 30 players try this stunt every season.

So I theorize that phone calls have been made, the 32 owners are in silent agreement, and not a single NFL team will sign AB, ever.  He's the Kaep of the "control issue" the league now faces and will be blackballed from here-in to send a very loud signal to every NFL player.

That be my theory.

SAR I