Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

So I just got on the board anticipating another dozen crazy reactionary posts about Mac and Robby and Sam and Gase and JC and AB.

But I NEVER expected to open the board and see this.

Geezuz this is the worst start to a season ever.

I picked a strange hill to die on.  

No, that would be the '99 season.

• Upvote 3

So this means Sam will return to the field roughly around same time as Herndon. 

Hoping he can at least practice non contact in the later weeks of recovery and that he benefits from mental reps as he did last season. 

I am as pissed as anyone but maybe this gets us Jeudy or a generational LT and ends up working out. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

The quote you pulled out was in reference to non-contact sports. 

Did you miss this part?: ruptures have occurred up to eight weeks after an athlete first notices symptoms,

We'll know soon, though. My bet is the Jets are going to IR him.

Nope you misread your own article... It says they can resume activities at 21 days as long as it's non-contact... 28 days for full activity... 

Yes 8 weeks is the extreme for rare cases.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Nope you misread your own article... It says they can resume activities at 21 days as long as it's non-contact... 28 days for full activity... 

Yes 8 weeks is the extreme for rare cases.. 

Non-contact sports after 21 days as long as no weights are involved. Full non-contact sports after 28 days. 

In any case, we’ll find out soon. 

22 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Non-contact sports after 21 days as long as no weights are involved. Full non-contact sports after 28 days. 

In any case, we’ll find out soon. 

No where in your whole article does it say that.... You implied that

I even highlighted it for you.. You are implying something that isn't there

Well this is wonderful news to wake up to. Setting my fantasy lineup and I see an 'O' next to Sam's name. Bloody hell.

Sounds like it's somewhat similar to chronic fatigue syndrome. This basically sets Darnold back a full season because, even if he returns to full health, he's going to have to undergo almost a mini 'pre-season' to build up bulk and game fitness.

The Jets weren't winning the Superbowl this year, but I did have some hope and expectation that we'd be better than last season. It isn't looking good.

Wow, just Wow. I've been out all day, come home and check the news and see Bell is getting a MRI on his shoulder. I'm thinking this blows and then I scroll down and see Sam has mono!!! Eff me.

Sam is our FQB and we must do whatever is necessary to protect him so he's at full strength and completely recovered from mono when he returns. No rush at all, even if he's out 10 games or all season.

This should be a tank year for us and give JD a chance to build the team with high draft picks and clear out the garbage Macc left us. Look at the positive side, we get a bye year.

8 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Well this is wonderful news to wake up to. Setting my fantasy lineup and I see an 'O' next to Sam's name. Bloody hell.

Sounds like it's somewhat similar to chronic fatigue syndrome. This basically sets Darnold back a full season because, even if he returns to full health, he's going to have to undergo almost a mini 'pre-season' to build up bulk and game fitness.

The Jets weren't winning the Superbowl this year, but I did have some hope and expectation that we'd be better than last season. It isn't looking good.

You are in BIG trouble if Sam Darnold is your starting QB even before today. 

21 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Sam is our FQB and we must do whatever is necessary to protect him so he's at full strength and completely recovered from mono when he returns. No rush at all, even if he's out 10 games or all season.

This should be a tank year for us and give JD a chance to build the team with high draft picks and clear out the garbage Macc left us. Look at the positive side, we get a bye year.

Looking at the negative side that's another year of NFL experience wasted. Pretty soon Darnold is gonna be looking like that kid in the 5th grade that's been held back three times.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Looking at the negative side that's another year of NFL experience wasted. Pretty soon Darnold is gonna be looking like that kid in the 5th grade that's been held back three times.   

Eli Manning, who gets more sh*t than anyone in NY, has won two Super Bowls and has never missed a game. 

Darold getting sick is bad luck, but this is the second year in a row he’s missed significant time. If the Jets aren’t looking at every option moving forward , than this franchise hasn’t learned a thing. 

• Upvote 2

Eli Manning, who gets more sh*t than anyone in NY, has won two Super Bowls and has never missed a game. 
Darold getting sick is bad luck, but this is the second year in a row he’s missed significant time. If the Jets aren’t looking at every option moving forward , than this franchise hasn’t learned a thing. 

So cut Darnold?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did Sam kill your puppy?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

I'm thinking Sam is going to be our FQB for the at least the next 10 years. This year is not wasted at all. It gives JD another year to build an OL to protect Sam and find some DB's or WR's with better draft position.

I recall seeing something about Sam having strep throat. I guess that was a misdiagnosis, and this is really what was going on there?

I can't imagine that Sam is the only player in the NFL to ever contract mono. I'm perplexed as to 1.) why we're hearing about it (wouldn't the team just put "illness" on the injury report and respect his privacy?); and 2.) why he's missing games over it (surely other players have historically played through it, unless they stayed out but under the guise of another ailment, as I just suggested in my first point).

Maybe that's what's wrong with Gronk. He's in great shape, and teasing coming back to play all the time, so maybe he's just fake retiring to treat his vaginal herpes or mono or whatever?