Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

2 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Yup. I had it and was on bed rest for 3 weeks. And I was just in boarding school 11th grade. This sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mono can vary greatly in severity - I had mono-hepatitis - 4 weeks of 100+ fevers - I lost 30 pounds.  I bet he's out a min of 6 weeks to as much as 10 - it takes awhile for a pro-athlete to get back into shape after an illness like this.

Sorry. Little late to the party here. I just found out. WHY exactly can’t he play with MONO????!!!! I get I am not a world class athlete. I had it 10 years ago- can’t say as I enjoyed it- but other than being  contagious  which  minimizes  greatly after treatment starts.

suck it up dude!!!

hate this team!!!

• Thumb Down 6

8 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Sorry. Little late to the party here. I just found out. WHY exactly can’t he play with MONO????!!!! I get I am not a world class athlete. I had it 10 years ago- can’t say as I enjoyed it- but other than being  contagious  which  minimizes  greatly after treatment starts.

suck it up dude!!!

hate this team!!!

Spleen enlargement for one.  Can't play contact sports with an enlarged spleen due to fear of rupture.

I had mono a few years ago and it was one of the worst times of my life.  There's no way you can physically play football in that condition, let alone professional football.

• Post of the Week 1

we've got the best LB is the NFL....

we've got the best RB in the NFL...

we've got one of the most exciting young QB's in the NFL...

we've got one of the young pass catching TE in the NFL...

we've got the best player in last year's NFL draft...

we signed our top pass catcher to a deal...

oh wait

9 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Mono can vary greatly in severity - I had mono-hepatitis - 4 weeks of 100+ fevers - I lost 30 pounds.  I bet he's out a min of 6 weeks to as much as 10 - it takes awhile for a pro-athlete to get back into shape after an illness like this.

I would bet that being a professional athlete under the care of the best doctors 24/7 would help him get back earlier, not later than the average joe. I think the speculation based on everyone's individual experience with mono is worthless. Every case is different and no one will get better treatment than Darnold. 

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I would bet that being a professional athlete under the care of the best doctors 24/7 would help him get back earlier, not later than the average joe. I think the speculation based on everyone's individual experience with mono is worthless. Every case is different and no one will get better treatment than Darnold. 

Hope ur right, I do not believe there is any effective treatment tho.  The most important thing to do is rest - 4+weeks if doing nothing -no throwing, no running, no lifting is a lot to recover from for a pro-athlete.

26 minutes ago, Gibby said:

suck it up dude!!!

hate this team!!!

Agreed , Cowboy Bob Orton wrestled at a high level with a broken arm for 22 years. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Why couldn’t he get something more practical like gonorrhea or chlamydia— at least anti biotics would cure him and he wouldn’t miss a month

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Kissing a lot of girls in Morristown bars is what I heard. My kids and their friends all do that Morristown circuit say they see him all the time. 

Kids 22 what do you expect. 

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

@Al_Iannazzone: Le'Veon Bell will have an MRI on his shoulder today.

m.twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone

Great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Le'veon Bell sees the news Darnold will miss some time and Siemian will have to start*

"Uhhhhh, coach... my shoulder hurts."

• Haha 1