Multiple teams contact jets for Robby

(phone rings)

Joe Douglas:  "Hello?"

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Hey Joe, this is Mickie Loomis in New Orleans.  Would you take a 3rd round pick for Robby Anderson?"

Joe Douglas:  "Done deal!"

(Two days later at the Saints facility in New Orleans, a black car arrives.  Mickie Loomis goes down to welcome his new player to the Saints....Leo Williams steps out of the car.)

(ring ring)

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Hey Joe, what's going on??  I got Leo Williams here saying you sent him to the Saints!!"

Joe Douglas:  "Ohh....well.....uhhhh.....yeah, honest mistake.  Hey...I have an idea.  How about you just keep Leo instead and only have to send us a 5th rounder?"

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Damn New York scam artist!!!"  (turns away from the phone) "It was a bait and switch.  Somebody put Leo on a bus back to New York!"

(hangs up)

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Any legit sources reporting this or just the one in the OP? 

Robbie’s not getting traded, nor is Jamal. There won’t be any fire sale for the purpose of accumulating draft picks. Jets are going to try to win as many games as possible this season.

Gase basically got Douglas hired. Douglas isn’t going to reduce the talent that Gase has to work with.  

Leonard Williams is a possibility only because he’s a FA following the season. 

Gase got Macc fired because he hated how the guy was building the team.  Don't you think he'd be fine with Douglas trading away Macc's garbage in hopes of playing "the long game" and shaping the team the way they want?

The team already is deprived of talent.  And it's not like Douglas is going to turn around and fire Gase.  

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

(ring ring)

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Hey Joe, this is Mickie Loomis in New Orleans.  Would you take a 3rd round pick for Robby Anderson?"

(Two days later at the Saints facility in New Orleans, a black car arrives.  Mickie Loomis goes down to welcome his new player to the Saints....Leo Williams steps out of the car.)

(ring ring)

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Hey Joe, what going on??  I got Leo Williams here saying you sent him to the Saints!!"

Joe Douglas:  "Ohh....well.....uhhhh.....yeah, honest mistake.  Hey...I have an idea.  How about you just keep Leo instead and only have to send us a 5th rounder?"

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Damn New York scam artist!!!"  (turns away from the phone) "Somebody put Leo on a bus back to New York!"

(hangs up)

This is better than anything @T0mShane has written.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

(phone rings)

(ring ring)

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Hey Joe, what's going on??  I got Leo Williams here saying you sent him to the Saints!!"

Mickie Loomis, Saints GM:  "Damn New York scam artist!!!"  (turns away from the phone) "It was a bait and switch.  Somebody put Leo on a bus back to New York!"

(hangs up)

i'd be ecstatic for a 3rd rounder for robby.

• Upvote 1

Here's the deal as I see it. Robbie Anderson is a nice piece to have.............for a contending team in need of a deep threat. He is a luxury on a REBUILDING TEAM that is going to struggle to win 4 or 5 games. At this point that's what the Jets are. Anything else is wishful thinking. If you can get a 3rd rounder or better for Robbie you do it. The same goes for Leo etc. If someone offers a 1 st rounder for any player on this team, including Adams you do that as well. You have to remember that these guys were not drafted by Douglas so they have no ties to them. If they go so be it.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Any legit sources reporting this or just the one in the OP? 

Robbie’s not getting traded, nor is Jamal. There won’t be any fire sale for the purpose of accumulating draft picks. Jets are going to try to win as many games as possible this season.

Gase basically got Douglas hired. Douglas isn’t going to reduce the talent that Gase has to work with.  

Leonard Williams is a possibility only because he’s a FA following the season. 

cant speak to legit or no, but

image.png.574d2b7e5cccefba18b411cc494b41dd.png

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

This would make some sense. Plus, Douglas would probably have a pretty good feel for what Roseman would be thinking as far as compensation goes. Wentz and Anderson, with that really good Eagle O line, could do some damage.

2 hours ago, Jetmech said:

So in Philly, he instantly becomes a #2 WR and long term fixture while in jetsland he is barely a #3....cool story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, in jet land he’s a 1, because the roster is dreadful.  In Philly he slots in opposite Jeffery, moving Agholor to the slot.  

All that being said, he stinks and shouldn’t be “untouchable”.  Trade him.

• Upvote 3

No, in jet land he’s a 1, because the roster is dreadful.  In Philly he slots in opposite Jeffery, moving Agholor to the slot.  

No, some believe he is barely a #3 on other teams but with the eagles... like I said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

You're contradicting yourself. How would Robby look if we finally draft a true #1 next year? Maybe bring in some lineman via the draft and free agency so our QB has some time. It would take the pressure off of him being the #1(which he shouldn't be) target and allow him to do what he does best, and that is take the top off a defense. 

Watch him get traded to a competent team and put up 1000 every year and Jets fans complaining we don't have a deep threat. Not too mention he's only 26.

11 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

To be fair, you published an article last week based on a tweet from Chad Forbes who is 100% not an insider.  

Connor Rogers, who has provided legit Jets info before, is where I saw this first regarding Anderson.  The Twitter account in the OP just appears to be a content thief.

That part is my point. We get in trouble for that, so I am saying I prefer if we post the source directly.

I believe the rumors are true, I am not disputing that at all.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Devin Funches earns $10M this season.  John Brown gets $9M.  People thinking we are going to replace Anderson so easily and cheaply with a free agent are nuts.

Sign Antonio Brown to a 2 year deal.  He sits out this year on his suspension and then we have him next year

Oh and he wants revenge against the Pats

5 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Why do I have the feeling that the people saying we shouldn't trade him now for a 3rd or 4th will be complaining that we overpaid him next season and should let him walk for a 5th round comp pick

That’s the thing I’m worried Douglas will do something stupid and give him a $45 million extension 

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Just showing you his numbers can be easily replaced a lot cheaper and they are on other teams. 

We need better WR's if want to develop Sam Darnold. 

RA runs terrible routes, quits on routes, never comes back for the ball,doesnt go up to battle all the time. 

He's a 2 at best, 3 at worst but he's going to want #1 money cause....well because we're the Jets & drafted Stephen Hill, Devin Smith, Ardarius Stewart & Chad Hansen & we have a stick figure UDFA as our #1 WR. Gilmore just toyed with this guys 2 to 3 moves & slight frame. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He's a 2 at best, 3 at worst but he's going to want #1 money cause....well because we're the Jets & drafted Stephen Hill, Devin Smith, Ardarius Stewart & Chad Hansen & we have a stick figure UDFA as our #1 WR. Gilmore just toyed with this guys 2 to 3 moves & slight frame. 

Agree.  You have scrubs like Funchess and Donte Moncrief getting paydays Robby has not been good but he’s significantly better than those clowns

We’ll probably be drafting top 10.  Get a receiver there (Jeudy hopefully) and sign someone better than Robby and we already have Crowder and Herndon 

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Agree.  You have scrubs like Funchess and Donte Moncrief getting paydays Robby has not been good but he’s significantly better than those clowns

We’ll probably be drafting top 10.  Get a receiver there (Jeudy hopefully) and sign someone better than Robby and we already have Crowder and Herndon 

All I keep hearing about Robbie is he opens up the field? The Patriots have played an 80% horizontal game since Randy Moss retired. I'd rather have a bigger stronger WR that can fight for a ball. Like others have said here, Robbie is a luxury we can't afford to overpay. Any WR can get open if we fix the Oline so Sam gets more than 2.5 seconds to scan the field. Our Oline can't run block for sh*t, which absolutely limits your play calling. What's more important for Sam, Robbie? or a stout Oline? Build the Oline, add offensive skill players from the draft & THEN sign a complimentary veteran WR if necessary. If the Eagles offer a #2? JD has to be all over that. That pick could be our new starting Center for 10 years.

11 hours ago, RobR said:

You're contradicting yourself. How would Robby look if we finally draft a true #1 next year? Maybe bring in some lineman via the draft and free agency so our QB has some time. It would take the pressure off of him being the #1(which he shouldn't be) target and allow him to do what he does best, and that is take the top off a defense. 

Watch him get traded to a competent team and put up 1000 every year and Jets fans complaining we don't have a deep threat. Not too mention he's only 26.

I’ll give you a million dollars if Robby Anderson ever puts up multiple 1000 yard years 

It does not make sense for the Jets to sign Robby to a new contract.   They don’t have as much cap room as we think and he is too flawed and limited a player.  They should take the highest bid for him and trade him out.  I don’t see the Jets playing a vertical game either.

Robby had some nice games with the Jets but is done here.  He is not worth what he will want to be paid and likely get from a team like the Redskins.  He should be auctioned for the best pick offered by a team outside the AFC East. 

- Trade Robby to Philly for a 3rd

- Trade Leo to Kansas City for a 3rd + DeMarcus Robinson

- Pick up Josh Gordon once released from Patriots

Change the draft picks for whatever makes sense but that would be what I'd be shooting for. Robinson is in a contract year and replaces Robby, he's buried on the Chiefs depth chart. Gordon could play this year and would at least provide a big body for Sam to throw to (perhaps a replacement for Enunwa?)

FA push all the money at Scherff to replace Winters. Take the top LT in the 1st (Thomas?) and the C (Biadasz) from Wisconsin in the 2nd.

Thomas - Lewis - Biadasz - Scherff - Edoga

Then spend the rest of the draft on WRs and CBs

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sign Antonio Brown to a 2 year deal.  He sits out this year on his suspension and then we have him next year

Oh and he wants revenge against the Pats

Seems like a viable plan.  Signing Antonio Brown has never been a problem for any teams before, right?

With his suspension and offset language, there is a good chance that he does not want to sign anywhere this year.  

16 hours ago, rangerous said:

deontay burnett ran about 4.5 but he's also around 6ft.  i'd rather see him than a guy named after an ambulance chasing law firm.

burnett ran a 4.7 also no more USC softies please

besides the obvious ones like Darnold and Sanchez

how about Joe McKnight (RIP)?  

Leonard Williams ? Chuma Edoga is another questionable dude

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

burnett ran a 4.7 also no more USC softies please

besides the obvious ones like Darnold and Sanchez

how about Joe McKnight (RIP)?  

Leonard Williams ? Chuma Edoga is another questionable dude

usc softies?  huh?  marvin powell wasn't soft.  neither was oj or mike garrett, or carson palmer, or lynn swann, or ronnie lott, or a whole host of players.  granted the usc qb's didn't fare so well in the past but they're doing pretty well of late even before darnold.