This loss is on the CS

This loss should come as no surprise to anyone as it's simply regression to the mean. The Jets suck in all phases of football, and they played way above their heads during the last 3 games. Today, they simply showed their true lack of talent, on the field and in the coaching, and reverted to the crappy team they are. They stink to high Heaven, and nothing's gonna change that this year. If Gase is still here next season, then nothing will change either. That's a fact.

• Upvote 2

Just a sickening loss.  They looked like they didn't want to be there today.  I blame this one on the players.  Was surprised they did all that celebrating after the Raiders win.  When I heard that they were partying, I knew they were going to lose this game.  Sometimes Sam is really immature.  I realize he is just a kid but he was the one talking about going to the playoffs so there was lots remaining to be done and unfinished  business and no need to treat the Raiders win as Super Bowl.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not at all.  Sam's never to blame.  That's clear and accurate.  Or he's always to blame.  I can't tell.  Can you?

It'll be interesting to see how many argue that he did enough to win today.  That seems to be the meme of 2019, "Sam did enough to win, but X just couldn't be overcome".

In truth, when you drop a historic loss to a 0-11 team, the old saying from Full Metal Jacket comes to mind, "it's a huge sh*t sandwhich, and we're all going to have to take a bite.....except for Sam".

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It'll be interesting to see how many argue that he did enough to win today.  That seems to be the meme of 2019, "Sam did enough to win, but X just couldn't be overcome".

In truth, when you drop a historic loss to a 0-11 team, the old saying from Full Metal Jacket comes to mind, "it's a huge sh*t sandwhich, and we're all going to have to take a bite.....except for Sam".

Quarterbacks are not supposed to overcome adversity. Noting that Darnold never does so is tantamount to genocide. Reported.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

...he's the QB so he's always likely going to get a disproportionate amount of credit/blame and I should probably just accept that's how it's going to be.

That's right. 

That's what "special" Franchise QB's are held to.  They're expected to beat 0-11 teams through their own actions, overcoming team weaknesses. 

15 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Just a sickening loss.  They looked like they didn't want to be there today.  I blame this one on the players.  Was surprised they did all that celebrating after the Raiders win.  When I heard that they were partying, I knew they were going to lose this game.  Sometimes Sam is really immature.  I realize he is just a kid but he was the one talking about going to the playoffs so there was lots remaining to be done and unfinished  business and no need to treat the Raiders win as Super Bowl.  

I’d actually be surprised if these guys and most of the young nfl players weren’t out partying most Sunday nights win or lose.

Mid twenties, plenty of money in comparison, even fringe roster players, and especially in NYC

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think he did enough to win.  I also don't think he's first in line of biggest player/coach failures today either.  

But he's the QB so he's always likely going to get a disproportionate amount of credit/blame and I should probably just accept that's how it's going to be.

This is not him getting a disproportionate amount of blame. This is him getting treated like an adult in a results business instead of a tiger beat tween idol. Cry about it on myspace.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not sure how many more times we could hear the announcers say, "this is a Bengals team that has problems setting the edge. Not sure why the Jets are only running inside".

Crazy.

We never run outside because our RB's and especially Bell are slow as sh*t. I'd love to see Bell run a timed forty right now......well maybe not.

Typical Jets loss.  Darnold is talking about running the table and getting into the playoffs,  yet they put up a dud for the ages I  giving Cincy their first win in 12 tries this year.  The team is.an undisciplined mess.  Tons of killer penalties are a reflection on how I kept the coaching staff is.  They weren't prepared from the start of the game and, as always, the coaching staff has no ability to make any in game adjustments.  The franchise is a perennial loser, from top to bottom, every year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Ml43jets said:

How the hell do you run Bell 10 times against the worst run defense in the league???  Is there any preparation and thought put into the game plan???

Starts with having the worst oline in football, plus none of their backs have the speed to get outside, which is where Cinci has sucked

It's a combination of a lot of things tbh. 

1) We absolutely suck on the road and won't win 1 game on road this year. 

2) Team was not prepared and Gase sucks but can't blame him for everything that happened today. 

3) Bengals have lost 7 games by less than 7 points against some decent teams and the fact that Dalton was in there instead of the other bum really hurt us. Law of averages and any given Sunday crap. They were going to win today even if refs were actually good. 

4) We just don't have the personnel to have any sort of extended winning streak. The OLine is still absolute trash, receivers are average, and we still can't get any sustained pressure without blitzing. 

• Upvote 3

Hmm... I'd call it a complete team loss. The CS and the players.   It seemed like a poor offensive game plan to begin with and failure to execute by several players on the offense.  Too many drive killing penalties and a few dropped balls that could have gotten the game under control if completed. The Jet defense can stop the run, but the are short on manpower to stop the pass.  Both on the edge to rush the QB and in the defensive backfield. Some questionable calls by the zebras, but the Jets did little to overcome.  Nothing tragic, here...  Just a team that needs more good football players and perhaps a better HC

• Upvote 3