Le'Veon Bell: "I haven't had the opportunity"

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We signed one of the best offensive play makers in the league and our offensive guru head coach can't figure out a way to get him touches. 

He's getting no big plays.  Billal Powell looks more explosive.

It's not about coaching or touches; either Bell is damaged goods, he's injured, or taking a year away from the game took away his burst.

SAR I

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

IMHO This is the NY Jets #1 epic failure of the 2019 season. Above all else the Jets signed one of the best RB’s in the NFL. Once again who is to blame? Gase or the roster or both. Last week against the winless Bengals who were ranked close to last in stopping the run game Bell had 10 touches for 32 yards running mostly at the middle of the line. The Bengals least vulnerable avenue. Gase has not found a way to use Bell to the Jets advantage after 12 games. 

Sorry I forgot it’s not Gases fault, it’s our crappy O-lines fault. 
If Gase is the Offensive genius he thinks he is I would expect him to find a way to design plays that would make Bell succeed. He’ll probably get traded next year and rush for 1200yards on some other team. 

The Epic Failure of 2019 was trying to develop an young QB, signing a HOF RB and then taking a DT at 3 and not improving the OL which has been a disaster for both Bell and Darnold. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not about coaching or touches; either Bell is damaged goods, he's injured, or taking a year away from the game took away his burst.

SAR I

Or...he benefited from a really good Steelers offensive line and a great qb. 

• Upvote 2

It's becoming more difficult to give Gase the benefit of the doubt.  I guess you can take solace knowing Jay Ajayi was a force in his system and did nothing in Philly, so there is hope.

This year has just made it too difficult to get a gauge on what Bell could be.  The injuries gutted the roster and changed the way they envisioned playing on both sides of the ball.

Went from a playoff roster to a castoff roster. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It was either a bad signing or bad coaching.  According to you, Gase (along with CJ) was behind the signing.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Billal Powell also has the lowest YPC of his career (ignoring the 13 attempts his rookie season).

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Billal Powell also has the lowest YPC of his career (ignoring the 13 attempts his rookie season).

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The coach and the line both suck. I think the RBs are the least of the problems with this team. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shevys said:

The coach and the line both suck. I think the RBs are the least of the problems with this team. 

We are in agreement but I want to point out the line sucked last year too. It is not significantly worse this year. The idea that it is, is nothing more than a Gase excuse. I'm just here to drink beer and rail on Gase. Looks like I'm all outta beer.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

The Epic Failure of 2019 was trying to develop an young QB, signing a HOF RB and then taking a DT at 3 and not improving the OL which has been a disaster for both Bell and Darnold. 

pencil in just about any of the previous 5 years regarding taking a dt.

• Upvote 1