Jump to content

Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch the XFL

This is the time of year I start painting..  

Posted Images

Outside of NFL Free Agent Frenzy and the NFL Draft this is HOOPS time of year. We are in the heart of the NBA season. We got the NBA Trade Deadline coming up TODAY at 3pm eastern standard time, and March Madness is around the corner. I'm going to really enjoy the rest of this NBA season all the way until a champ is crowned.

 

Just last night I was flipping channels and stumbled upon the finish between Villanova on the road at Butler. What a great game and such an exciting finish. That felt like a preview to the NCAA Tournament last night. Both teams hit big shots at the end. First 'Nova when Saddiq Bey made a 3 to tie the game at 76-76, then came Butler when Kamar Baldwin did his best Kobe Bean Bryant impersonation and drilled that 3 to win the game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Countdown to Football season.

 

But in all seriousness march and April are some of my favorite months for sports.

 

March madness

Free Agency

Spring Training

The Masters

The Draft

 

Football is my number one sports, but if you are a fan of sports in general, hard not to be excited for this time of year!

 

Until then going to look for some new shows on Netflix to check out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All my sports-related energies move towards College Basketball and College Baseball (which, incredibly, starts in 8 days). 

I'll be going back and forth over the next several weeks debating in my head if it would be worth it to get the CBS streaming service for March Madness (and Picard) purposes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All my sports-related energies move towards College Basketball and College Baseball (which, incredibly, starts in 8 days). 

I'll be going back and forth over the next several weeks debating in my head if it would be worth it to get the CBS streaming service for March Madness (and Picard) purposes.

I think its $5 a month

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to get laid....always be trying to get laid.  (This goes for you too ladies)

But...if it's sports you're thinking about, before you know it, the combine will be here.

Shortly after that, you'll get the start of free agency.

March madness should be really crazy this year with no real front running teams.

The Masters, if you're into golf, is the weekend after the Final Four

The Schedule release will come about a week or so after the masters.

Then it's draft weekend.

Next thing you know it will be May at which point the weather will be nice and you should be spending your time outdoors at least until football starts back up again in September.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there are some interesting young players to watch on the Rangers. If you are a NYer who likes basketball you might want to, uh … give hockey a shot. 

The XFL starts tomorrow so, Go … who is the NY team? The what? Guardians? really? That's the best they can come up with? Sounds like a rent-a-cop agency. 

Ok, what the heck, we can see fourth preseason game and practice squad players for a few weeks until we get bored and in 15 days the Mets play both the Cardinals and Marlins in spring training games until we get bored of that too and wait until Opening Day.

Meanwhile those that know me might be surprised that I highly endorse More Cowbell's idea noted above as by far the best alternative. A quick trip to Massachusetts could help that along too. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Blazers and The Ducks.  My teams are totally _____ this year though.  The "Bloozers" are hurt as usual.  And Kenny Wooten signing with the Knicks took away all the Ducks interior defense and rebounding.  Then the NCAA totally screwed us on the registration of our best center.  Been fun to watch Payton Pritchard ball out though.  That kid is from my hometown and hes a demon on the court.  (Seton Hall fans probably remember that.)  Could end up being national player of the year.  But I hate watching him carry such an sh*tty team and having to jack up shots.  Some NBA team is going to get a steal in the second round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I don't expect this to get a good response on a football board, but soccer is great - especially if you're just looking for something as an excuse to drink.

Most likely answer though? Complain it's the offseason

Been a huge Man City fan for years now.  It's a great sport.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Been a huge Man City fan for years now.  It's a great sport.

I've always had trouble picking an allegiance to a team. Something about just picking a good team and then (hopefully) reaping the benefits of their success felt so phony to me.

On the other hand, I couldn't imagine supporting a team like Fulham - I watched them closely for 5+ seasons as they seemed to be one of the first teams to embrace American internationals - and constantly see them fluctuate from league to league and never winning anything of merit

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I've always had trouble picking an allegiance to a team. Something about just picking a good team and then (hopefully) reaping the benefits of their success felt so phony to me.

On the other hand, I couldn't imagine supporting a team like Fulham - I watched them closely for 5+ seasons as they seemed to be one of the first teams to embrace American internationals - and constantly see them fluctuate from league to league and never winning anything of merit

Watch Borussa Dortmund.  They have the best young American player in Gio Reyna and because of developmental trends and lax visa restrictions the Bundesliga means they take more American players any way.  I watch the premier league but it's a lot more pressure and almost every appearance of an American player is conditional on an manager's whims.  Americans get a better shake in Holland and Germany.  Just less roster turnover.  And they give more chances to young homegrown players since they just have less resources.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Outside of NFL Free Agent Frenzy and the NFL Draft this is HOOPS time of year. We are in the heart of the NBA season. We got the NBA Trade Deadline coming up TODAY at 3pm eastern standard time, and March Madness is around the corner. I'm going to really enjoy the rest of this NBA season all the way until a champ is crowned.

 

Just last night I was flipping channels and stumbled upon the finish between Villanova on the road at Butler. What a great game and such an exciting finish. That felt like a preview to the NCAA Tournament last night. Both teams hit big shots at the end. First 'Nova when Saddiq Bey made a 3 to tie the game at 76-76, then came Butler when Kamar Baldwin did his best Kobe Bean Bryant impersonation and drilled that 3 to win the game.

My blazers are a hot mess right now despite Lillard’s historical surge... hard to enjoy this season when most of your players are hurt and you're trailing the West’s top 8 seeds. We were the 3rd seed two years in a row..not use to this and definitely not pleasant. I hope they make a big run in the 2nd half of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

The Blazers and The Ducks.  My teams are totally _____ this year though.  The "Bloozers" are hurt as usual.

I don’t think we get Nurkic back in time to make any time of season changing run. CJ is SO overrated and Collins coming back only helps a tad bit. 

Tbh our back court just needs to be blown up. Obviously Dame is the best PG in the league. You keep him and you keep him a blazer until he’s 40 and retires. CJ should be traded for role players that can give our bench a boost or you try to pry Beal from Washington.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...