ESPN Offseason Moves Scenarios

JTJet

I think the follow-up is even worse.  We sign Jordan Howard to replace him?  I don't mind Howard as a player, but I don't think he is exactly a good fit for what Gase wants.  I wonder if they have any spot for Cannon in the backfield.  I would expect his speed to be a nice fit for what Gase wants, but I think he had 1 offensive snap and 0 carries in the 4 games before he went down. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Read it again.

Bell and a 4th for a 7

I read it right.  Dumping Bell and his salary for 4th would be a big win for the Jets.  Getting the 7th back is basically irrelevant. 

Bottom line, we could do more with the money saved than the likelihood of the 4th round pick hitting.

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

That’s crazy. Just use Bell the way he should be, then if you need to his contract makes him easy to cut next offseason.

Even if you don’t feel he fits the running game , use him in the passing game , he’s a great receiver out of the backfield and from the slot. He has enough side to put him out wide, and he’s an incredible blocker in the passsing game....

WHATS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!

• Sympathy 1

lots of people don't understand how the cap works in here.

TB would be transferred a portion of Bell's guaranteed salary, trading is the only way the Jet can get real cap relief until/unless a new CBA signed.

What the article is essentially saying is the Belle's contract is prohibitive enough that they'd need to reimburse someone to take it off their hands

I'm not advocating doing this btw, just explaining what the author would be thinking, or dyslexic writer and meant to say 7 and bell for a 4

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I read it right.  Dumping Bell and his salary for 4th would be a big win for the Jets.  Getting the 7th back is basically irrelevant. 

Bottom line, we could do more with the money saved than the likelihood of the 4th round pick hitting.

Can't tell if serious or not

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I understand what you're attempting to say. You're just not articulating it very well. 

Regardless, there is no world where giving up our own 4th round pick justifies us dumping Bells salary based off his talent alone. 

This wouldn't really make a lot of sense. I said Bell had no hope of ever living up to this contract, but he gave a true effort and was a team guy from all reports. He still has no hope of ever living up to it and it's unlikely they'll run an offense and have the talent to make him effective, but he can still play a role on the team and then they can cut him and keep their 4th.

Not if my mock has any say about it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

histrionic much? I understand you don't get they hows and whys, but come on

This isn't the NBA you patchouli inhaling miscreant.  I know exactly why this turd wrote this spastic blurb and why you are advocating it.

Why don't you stick to things you're familiar with like cargo shorts, Wild Turkey, and attempting to woo Chechnian strippers named "Star".

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Pac said:

This isn't the NBA you patchouli inhaling miscreant.  I know exactly why this turd wrote this spastic blurb and why you are advocating it.

Why don't you stick to things you're familiar with like cargo shorts, Wild Turkey, and attempting to woo Chechnian strippers named "Star".

Attempting? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Bell's contract isn't that bad. If Douglas has any aptitude for drafting and scouting, that 4th should be a valuable commodity. Who are the invaluable FAs that we just cant have walking on us here? Neville Hewitt?! Lol. We GOTTA sign Brian Poole and get 1/2 FA o-line, and an edge guy. When you're this devoid of talent, the one thing you dont have to worry about is cap. The worst cap expenditures unfortunately, we cant do anything about. (Osemele, Tru)

• Upvote 2