Draft Rumors

SR24

heres a crazy idea: if herbert or tua is on the clock at 11, jets snag one. We dont have a backup, sam is still ....lets face it....unproven and if sam goes down were not so screwed. And if sam wants to leave weve got another guy.

I know its nutty but the next 3 picks can go Wr Ot Wr

And I dont care if herbert/tua want to start

• Thumb Down 4

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

heres a crazy idea: if herbert or tua is on the clock at 11, jets snag one. We dont have a backup, sam is still ....lets face it....unproven and if sam goes down were not so screwed. And if sam wants to leave weve got another guy.

I think it’s time to add to our young QB, not draft another one for an unnecessary QB drama between 2 guys with no legit nfl talent on offense. With that said I’m all for drafting somebody like Morgan in the later rounds. 

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The dolphins are confused as hell ? 

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

What I hear on Dolphins QB situation, FWIW: They think Burrow is Joe Montana. Have offered a ton. Bengals virtually certain to keep pick They like Tua a lot but medical is a concern. They aren't big on Herbert They are super intrigued by Love's upside.5 is high but have 18 & 26

For the Jets' sake, I hope the Dolphins don't get cute and take an OT at 5 planning to get Love at 18.  But if they do try that, it will be a small consolation prize if someone jumps them and takes Love, leaving them with all those picks and no QB to spend them on.  They will have effectively traded Tunsil only to replace him with a higher pick and still end up with no QB of the future to develop after all that.  It's exactly that scenario that should put a rational team in the mindset to take the best QB at 5.  Heck, imagine if it was NE that jumped ahead of them to snag Love.  The fans should burn the stadium down if that happens.

Giants didn't diddle around with Daniel Jones at 6 and despite my thinking they badly overdrafted him, it probably worked out to their benefit.  One can only hope the Dolphins feel the same.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Saw something on a Jet fan Instagram account claiming one of his followers who has ties to JD is claiming we have a deal in place with Philly to swap 1sts and get Rasul Douglas and a 2021 3rd back.

not a fan of that personally.

That would suck unless at least their 2nd and possibly 3rd are also included.

16 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The dolphins are confused as hell ? 

Think about it.....All signs point to them missing out on Burrow and probably getting the choice of any of the next QBs.  BUT, they also need OLine help in a draft that is top-heavy in OTs.  Could get the first or second OT in the Draft at #5.

IF they take a talented and intriguing QB like Tua whose only concerns on injuries and they forgo getting an OT at the top of the Draft then you're putting "an egg back there" on offense and might not be protecting him as well as you could.

If I'm Miami I take Tua at #5 and then use 18 and 26 to try to move into the Top 10 ahead of the Jets and Browns for OT2 or OT3.

The Dolphins obviously want to come out of Round 1 with a QB and OT.  They have 3 picks....but they seem to be having a problem navigating the Board to get into the spots they want.

22 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
Source says "zero truth" to Eagles' interest in Trent Williams. Looks like Washington may be doing whatever they can to expand the market beyond one team: Cleveland.

If you are Cincinatti at what point do you break? All 3 first this year 1st and 2nd next year and first in 2022? If I really think Burrow is a true generational gold jacket candidate I never trade, but Burrow is not strong armed, and basically 1 year of elite performance. He does have risj

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I dont share the same goofiness regarding miami. Its more like they are in the drivers seat vs lost.

They have a sh*t ton of picks and 3 in round 1 alone. They might become a formidable opponent quickly

Agreed but if they choose the wrong QB as their prospective FQB then they'll be set back a few years like any other team.  I'm hoping they don't get Burrow and I'm not sure what I think about Tua.  I also am worried about them being terrible next year and getting Trevor but I don't think they'll try to tank after what happened this past year.  Their HC seems to be far too good for them to fall to the very bottom of the league.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Only two reasons you say your doctors medically cleared him.  1) Entice a trade up from another team as you said 2) Sell your fanbase that you did your homework when you draft him

Let's say you're correct and Burrow somehow becomes the only QB to go in the Top 10, do teams sitting behind the Jets who need a future QB (maybe Raiders at 12 or 19, definitely Saints at 24, Miami at 18, New England, etc.) really start to aggressively try to trade up for either Tua, Herbert or Love?

Now you're talking. JD can turn into Dr.Evil.?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

herbert is soft and tua is a short, hurt, lefty 

pass on both 

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I can't wrap my head around the Dolphins moving up to 3 to take a tackle.

If you trade up, you have to take the QB you want first, IMO 

If they're taking an OT either way, let them burn picks to move up.  Seems bizarre to me too.  They must have Thomas WAY above the other 3 guys.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Ew. What’s with this Rasul Douglas swap. That’s horrrrrrrible. 

Yeah don’t like that. The +pick is very vague. Anything that’s +pick is valuing Douglas way way too high. I’d still do the Eagles’ 2 and 3 for 11. Good to be eased into the brutal trade possibilities but still.

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Seems like Henderson is definite CB2 in this draft, and seems like many have him ranked on par if not ahead of Okudah. However, this is the worst. They need to go offense, they’re going to lose the entire fan base. Sam needs help. NOW. 

There are pockets of really good value at CB throughout this Draft.  At least 3 or 4 really good options in the #48 to #68 range if the Jets really want to go CB in the first 3 rounds.