Bilal Powell Appreciation Thread

One of the few middle round draft picks who worked out for the Jets. He was a quality RB. Stayed loyal to the Jets when he was FA, when he probably could’ve gotten a little more money elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

Like to think the door isn’t completely closed on Bilal, but with Bell, Gore, and Perine they’ll probably look to fill any fourth RB spot with someone who has speed. Trent Cannon is probably the default, given his special teams play. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Seemed to get hurt whenever he had a legit chance to seize #1 spot.  He did produce well imo when he got his chance.

Was it the 2015 finale win and in game he missed? I remember a lot of people saying if he could’ve played we would’ve won that game. 

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Powell has been a really good Jet, and a great team player.

Always reliable, and a good runner, receiver and blocker.

Thanks for everything, Bilal.

played all 16 twice in 9 yrs

gore has played all 16   eight out of the last 9 yrs...

• Upvote 2

Dude played 9 seasons with the same team as a backup running back.  Pretty much unheard of these days.  His career was mediocre but he was great for his role.  I wish him the best and hope he can catch on another team as a backup if he so desires.  

As others have stated, he was a pro that never complained, did his job and was loyal to the team.  I'll miss him and dam if he didn't play well last year.  Hope the door remains open but if not, I hope he hooks up with another team and plays well.  

• Upvote 1