The NY Jets Schedule

https://nypost.com/2020/05/07/2020-new-york-jets-schedule-regular-season-dates-times/

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Bills (1 p.m., CBS)

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20 vs. 49ers (1 p.m., FOX)

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 at Colts (4 p.m., CBS)

Week 4: Thursday, Oct. 1 vs. Broncos (8:20 p.m. NFLN)

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Cardinals (1 p.m., FOX)

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 at Chargers (4 p.m., CBS)

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bills (1 p.m. CBS)

Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 at Chiefs (1 p.m. CBS)

Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9 vs. Patriots (8:15 p.m., ESPN)

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15 at Dolphins (4 p.m., CBS)

Week 11: Bye

Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 29 vs. Dolphins (1 p.m., CBS)

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders (1 p.m., CBS)

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 at Seahawks (4 p.m., CBS)

Week 15: Dec. 19 or 20 at Rams (TBD)

Week 16: Dec. 26 or 27 vs. Browns (TBD)

Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3 at Patriots (1 p.m., CBS)

This team can end up 7 - 9 or 8 - 8 this season!!!! This could change is their opponents end up playing bad this season.This is considered the second toughest schedule the Patriots have the toughest.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m sorry but I think we’re going to regress in the win column. We were lucky to get 7 wins last year against one of the easiest schedules in the league. Now we have one of the hardest. This could be a rough one. 

I'll say this. The teams with consistent established QBs will be problems no doubt. But I think its feasible the defense could take advantage of the questionable ones. We are facing enough questionable ones that (with average offense) things could happen.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

can I just pencil in the Jets Super Bowl weekend or would it be safer to make a tee time? 

My tee time always is priority #1. Even with 1pm regular season games.

Neither one of us get the Jet games at home where we live. If the weather is nice, I'd always rather be out playing golf than sitting in a bar drinking at 1230 on a Sunday morning waiting for kickoff. 

After I'm done playing, I'll stop in the clubhouse. Our bartender is from NJ, and she's a big Jets fan. She always has our game on the big screen behind the bar. It's always funny listening to the fans of other teams complain that they have to watch their games on one of the small tvs scattered around the casual dining area.

• Upvote 1

I actually think the talent level is solid enough to win right now...

There are certainly holes, particularly in the offensive line - but the major problem still lies with the HC.  That’s a issue that’s going to be tough to correct until he’s gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m sorry but I think we’re going to regress in the win column. We were lucky to get 7 wins last year against one of the easiest schedules in the league. Now we have one of the hardest. This could be a rough one. 

We sucked beyond sucititude (means we really really really sucked). And most of those 7 wins were clown like. No way this was a '7' win team.  We had a few good games vs Pitt (w/o Rapeburger) and Cowboys, who were banged up.  Lets not forget we lost to the crummy winless Bengals, who routed and embarrased us and the Dolphins, who were another waster product. And the last game of the year vs. the Bills was an exercise in futility by both teams. So yea we were really lucky last year. But this is a revamped roster on many levels: OL, secondary, Sam is healthy, WR position is replenished.  Mosley will be back.  You cannot compare last year to this current roster.  So JustEndTheBS.  We are winning at least 10 games and making the playoffs.

• Sympathy 1

the road game, niners, road game to start is tough ... but bills & colts can def go our way.

like that the short week thursday game is home.

like the late bye and then home games vs raiders & fins

at seattle & then at rams very tough ... saw someone talking about staying on the west coast between those games ... sounds like the right move

cleveland home and then at cheats to finish ... will be awesome if those games matter!

44 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Jets should be no worse than 5-3 after the first 8 games. There isn't an elite QB on that list other than Mahomes (to take advantage of our secondary), and we should be able to at least beat the Colts, Chargers, Cardinals, Broncos and get a split with the Bills. 6-2 isn't out of the question. Anything worse than 4-4 is a debacle.

34 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

My tee time always is priority #1. Even with 1pm regular season games.

Neither one of us get the Jet games at home where we live. If the weather is nice, I'd always rather be out playing golf than sitting in a bar drinking at 1230 on a Sunday morning waiting for kickoff. 

After I'm done playing, I'll stop in the clubhouse. Our bartender is from NJ, and she's a big Jets fan. She always has our game on the big screen behind the bar. It's always funny listening to the fans of other teams complain that they have to watch their games on one of the small tvs scattered around the casual dining area.

Gunga galunga.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

make a heckova road trip though

The Rams are a shell of themselves from just a couple of years ago. Seattle has been tough but they also benefitted from playing against young QBs getting their feet wet. Interesting schedule. 

Love our safety trio against some of these young WRs, we just need a couple of CBs to emerge & you know what they say, DEFENSE TRAVELS. 

36 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Rams are a shell of themselves from just a couple of years ago. Seattle has been tough but they also benefitted from playing against young QBs getting their feet wet. Interesting schedule. 

Love our safety trio against some of these young WRs, we just need a couple of CBs to emerge & you know what they say, DEFENSE TRAVELS. 

Hall and Austin emerge. Those guys are ballers.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Hall and Austin emerge. Those guys are ballers.

I'm starting to believe Maye is staying & JD and GW or really excited about this Safety trio with Adams, Maye and Davis. TEs like George Kittle can be completely taken away if they can't get off the line & Adams has that type of LB power to knock guys off their routes. With Mosely back Adams will do all kinds of dirty work. Miami got the TE going last year but I don't see any TEs being successful vs our group. This group is much like Seattles group in their heyday. Just incredible versatility, Mosely as Wagner, Davis as an Earl Thomas type, Adams a much more versatile Chancellor, plus Maye who can play inside or on the backend. 

A couple of CBs emerge out of that large group, Bless, Maulet, Desir, Hall, this defense can be special. 

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Ok. Maybe you are right and we will.

However, the team had a gazillion injuries (including their starting QB getting mono) and has improved (on paper) at their biggest needs- O-line, CB, WR and Edge. Particularly O-line, CB depth and adding a talented young WR, edge is still a question mark but I think Zuniga will contribute. 

So let's assume the Jets can stay somewhat healthy this season and their draft picks and signing pan out to a degree? I think it's realistic to expect anywhere between 7-9 wins this season, depending on a lot of different variables. 

I mean, at this point its a glass half full, glass half empty outlook. The team's success will be highly reliant on players staying healthy, newly added FAs playing well, young players continuing to improve (including the QB) and rookies panning out. You can look at it and assume complete and utter failure next year or you can look at it and see a potential playoff run.