Known Weenie Mike Greenberg 'Storms Out' After Darnold Not Selected Best QB in AFC East in 3 Years Time

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If you lined up all 32 GMs and asked them who would be their pick to guide their franchise starting tomorrow and the only options were Darnold, Allen and Tua, I bet Darnold would have the most votes.

I don’t think it would be all that close either tbh 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, yvj said:

You know it might be a good thing that lots of people are overlooking Darnold. I hope he notices that and gets a chip on his shoulder.

I don't think he gives a sh*t. And that's why i like him. Eyes on the prize, tune out the noise.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

I’ll get killed for this but if you watch get up frequently you’d know Foxworth would never pick a white guy. 

I am as liberal as they come (sorry I know no politics), but holy f*ck can I not stand Foxworth. Every single thing he says has some racial undercurrent.

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I am as liberal as they come (sorry I know no politics), but holy f*ck can I not stand Foxworth. Every single thing he says has some racial undercurrent.

Liberal by jet nation standards = accidentally walked into trader joes while drunk

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Liberal by jet nation standards = accidentally walked into trader joes while drunk

Haha! I’m “my parents were at Woodstock and moved to Park Slope” liberal. But way less annoying, just take my word.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Greenie sit there in silence when one of Jamal Adams' buddies went on the air and said the Jets should be looking to trade Sam Darnold instead of Jamal Adams?  Spare me.

Edited by AFJF

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Haha! I’m “my parents were at Woodstock and moved to Park Slope” liberal. But way less annoying, just take my word.

Same here..  my mom was in college in the early 70's when I was a kid.  She was a member of the womens lib club. Would have tie die, bra burning parties in the backyard. I nick named her Bella Abzug.

40 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

he got outplayed by  Barkley led Bills in 2018, no?   no, my bad. they benched him after throwing 4 ints vs the brockweiler led Phins the week before.

There are enough NFL QBs better than Darnold right now to choose from but as you insinuated and many hope for, Hoyer isnt one of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

he got outplayed by  Barkley led Bills in 2018, no?   no, my bad. they benched him after throwing 4 ints vs the brockweiler led Phins the week before.

You bring up the most pointless of points.

One game?  

And when was he benched?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Maybe the Pats get lucky and Hoyer recaptures his career year of 2014s numbers.

Comp rate of 55%, 3300 yards, 12 TDS and 13 INTs.

Really worried here

For face value we all know Sam Darnold is the better QB. It's no secret the draftniks appear to be correct when they claimed Sammy was the real deal and the highest rated QB coming into the draft. 

The problem here is what's not being mentioned. 

It's the COACHING and nothing else.

Bellichick is a superior HC to Adam Gase. Everyone knows it but doesn't want to admit it in the context of this thread. So suddenly we find ourselves with BETTER talent at the QB spot and yet we cannot exploit it. 

So what's the solution? Every problem has a solution. It's simply a matter of thinking it up and then finding the right person to execute it. The most obvious solution would be to fire the HC and hire a new one. However, that's not going to happen anytime soon. When you make the decision to hire a HC you have to be willing to stand behind that choice for some reasonable amount of time. Chris Johnson and as an extension JOE DOUGLAS is going to support Adam Gase for a certain amount of time. 

So what we're faced with is playing a waiting game. We hope that our HC gets it eventually and starts to go tit-for-tat with Bellichick. If not, at some point Gase will get fired and then we'll have the opportunity to decide who we'll hire that will be able to beat Bellichick.

I submit that the Jets have already had a HC that could consistently face Bellichick, and given the talent, could out think Bellichick and beat him regularly. Of course not all the time, but certainly his share. That guy was Rex Ryan. Take it for what it's worth.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

You're insufferable.

Stick to Arsenal, mate.

i dont think i can possibly make up for the insufferable droning on about how sam is so special when the very plain and simple fact is that he has so far been considerably below average

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If you lined up all 32 GMs and asked them who would be their pick to guide their franchise starting tomorrow and the only options were Darnold, Allen and Tua, I bet Darnold would have the most votes.

Yeah, but when you ask a bunch of TV analysts who want ratings, trashing the Jets is always a safe bet.  Out of the 3, I am glad we have Darnold.

• Upvote 1