Chris Mortensen: Gase era Could be Winding Down

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This is total bullsh*t.  My guess, Jets threw some garbage over to Mort to pander to the fanbase.  Mort took it and ran, didnt even realize what he was quoting and dropped it as "news".  What does it even mean that Jets "higher ups" (whoever that is) are now looking at Gase?  Were they not for the last 18 games?   And the game they decided to put him under scrutiny is a game where Sam Darnold is throwing/handing off to arguably the worst skills positions any NFL team has deployed in the last 20 years? 

Yeah the Johnsons running a lame con.

Bottom line, they’ll do as much as possible to avoid ever paying duplicate coaching salaries simultaneously.  On the other end of the spectrum Steinbrenner didn’t care if he paid 9 managers after firing 8 in 8 days, went through managers like socks, but he was all about Winning and putting the best possible team on the field.....something the Johnsons could care less about.

• Post of the Week 1

The collapse of Gregg Williams’ defense is a bigger concern than our offense but don’t let that get in the way of a good story. 

SAR I

So when the defense has more on tally’s more minutes on the field then the offense . I guess it’s the defenses fault?
The offense is Gases responsibility to keep the defense from getting fatigued. The latter has been the cause of the defenses collapse. 3 and outs don’t help the defense recover as fast.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, that seems to be the gist. They'll use the extra time after TNF to put a new coach in charge.

Yep, its pretty perfect timing.  Especially since the Denver game AND the Week 5 game against Arizona are both home games.

Fail to pull the trigger now and we might see Gase survive to the Week 11 bye.  Hope not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm left here wondering if it's an actual "report" or just conjecture on Mort's part. It's probably true to some degree because common sense would say so. Every loosing team's "higher ups" should be doing this. 

Just to be clear, I was referring to the Tweeter as Mr. Nobody, not Mort. It’s odd that the Jet beat writers aren’t commenting on what should be a possible big development in Jet land. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

This is total bullsh*t.  My guess, Jets threw some garbage over to Mort to pander to the fanbase.  Mort took it and ran, didnt even realize what he was quoting and dropped it as "news".  What does it even mean that Jets "higher ups" (whoever that is) are now looking at Gase?  Were they not for the last 18 games?   And the game they decided to put him under scrutiny is a game where Sam Darnold is throwing/handing off to arguably the worst skills positions any NFL team has deployed in the last 20 years? 

It's a shot across the bow to Gase. Get these guys playing better or you're out.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I say you write it out with gays until he proves that he can't get the first pic. And everyone knows I'm not a pro tanking guy.

This is who Christopher Johnson picked let it play out a little bit either way.

I agree, but on all accounts Gase was Macc's pick, Chris was just the schmuck who let Macc make it, a went along with it.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Just to be clear, I was referring to the Tweeter as Mr. Nobody, not Mort. It’s odd that the Jet beat writers aren’t commenting on what should be a possible big development in Jet land. 

Someone within the organization wanted the story to go national during today's pre game coverage shows.

• Upvote 1