Chris Mortensen: Gase era Could be Winding Down

Jetsbb

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Huh? You think the defense is going full go and the offense is going 3/4? It doesn’t work that way. Did you hear McDougals comments? He said the defense hasn’t put together a dominating practice yet. Kind of contradicts this idea that the defense is playing with more intensity than the offense. I certainly didn’t hear anything of the sort all of training camp. Hell, the defense has played worse than the offense so far.

Apparently, our offense ranks dead last in the NFL through 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

The offense is from hunger. It has been almost Gase's entire tenure. They actually drafted a  beast LT and Gase runs delayed up the middle handoffs 3 of 4 downs.

Gase hasn't coached a single game in New York where his offense was healthy.  The amount of injuries we've been hit with is absurd.  No OC could succeed with the garbage Gase inherited or watched collecting checks in the hospital.

SAR I

1 hour ago, MS jets Fan said:

So when the defense has more on tally’s more minutes on the field then the offense . I guess it’s the defenses fault?
The offense is Gases responsibility to keep the defense from getting fatigued. The latter has been the cause of the defenses collapse. 3 and outs don’t help the defense recover as fast.

The Jets defense has been the beneficiary of every decent pick and signing since Rex Ryan.  The Jets defense is light years more talented and capable than the Jets offense.

So when the Jets offense falters, particularly with 4 WR's and our starting RB down, it's understandable.  When the Jets defense looks bad, it's inexcusable.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I say you write it out with gays until he proves that he can't get the first pic. And everyone knows I'm not a pro tanking guy.

This is who Christopher Johnson picked let it play out a little bit either way.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

think tom hanks GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

There’s never been a hidden agenda on this site.

gay pride GIF

From Morton's lips to God's ears... let it be true. 

Frankly, after he was hired and stated that he didn't learn anything form the Miami job - show some humility and that with every life experience there is a learning lesson  - but no he was and still is arrogant.  Talk about an empty suit...  the only thing he has accomplished is creating (with this help of CJ and to some extent JD) a losing culture.  SO Congratulations Adam, at least you accomplished something. 

s.   

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets defense has been the beneficiary of every decent pick and signing since Rex Ryan.  The Jets defense is light years more talented and capable than the Jets offense.

So when the Jets offense falters, particularly with 4 WR's and our starting RB down, it's understandable.  When the Jets defense looks bad, it's inexcusable.

SAR I

Where exactly is all this talent on the defense? No Mosely, No Adams. I understand that there have been a lot of 1st round picks on the defense but alot of them have been bad picks including Q Williams. This defense does not have a lot of talent to work with either. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase hasn't coached a single game in New York where his offense was healthy.  The amount of injuries we've been hit with is absurd.  No OC could succeed with the garbage Gase inherited or watched collecting checks in the hospital.

SAR I

His teams have been injury prone going back to his 1st year in Miami.  That points to poor strength and conditioning programs.  That’s on the HC.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Where exactly is all this talent on the defense? No Mosely, No Adams. I understand that there have been a lot of 1st round picks on the defense but alot of them have been bad picks including Q Williams. This defense does not have a lot of talent to work with either. 

Gregg Williams defense was supposedly the reason we finished 6-2 last year and we didn't have Mosley then either.  Maye has been playing well, and I was told that Adams wouldn't be missed.  We are getting gashed for big runs, we are giving up huge passing yardage, and we are taking tons of penalties.  If you think Gregg Williams is our head coach in waiting, we're in a whole bunch of trouble when he brings that lack of discipline and strategy to the rest of the team.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

His teams have been injury prone going back to his 1st year in Miami.  That points to poor strength and conditioning programs.  That’s on the HC.

If that's the case I want him gone before kickoff.  Never heard of a HC that has a reputation for getting players hurt in practice, share a few articles when this has happened to other NFL head coaches, thanks.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Gregg Williams defense was supposedly the reason we finished 6-2 last year and we didn't have Mosley then either.  Maye has been playing well, and I was told that Adams wouldn't be missed.  We are getting gashed for big runs, we are giving up huge passing yardage, and we are taking tons of penalties.  If you think Gregg Williams is our head coach in waiting, we're in a whole bunch of trouble when he brings that lack of discipline and strategy to the rest of the team.

SAR I

Both the offense and defense have been bad but don't make it seem like there is a lot of talent to work with for Williams. No edge, mediocre at best Lb's and CB's. Not a lot to work with. Your previous comment implied like they had a lot of talent. They do not. 

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Believe me when I say I'm no fan of Adam Gase. I do think he should probably be fired? However, and this is the universal truth for Rex, toilet, and Gase, until the talent level substantially rises, NO HC will ever succeed coaching this team. The Jets talent situation is so bad I don't believe Bill Parcells in his prime could ever succeed coaching this team as it stands right now.

I think it's way too early to grade Douglas's draft choices, but besides Becton his draft choices have sucked. Everyone knew that in order for the Jets to have any success this season they would need major contributions from the rookies. The Jets haven't gotten that.

I have to disagree with you...  Parcells took a 1-15 team to 9-7 with much of the same roster. Coaching and DISCIPLINE are as important when fielding a competitive team. 

Go YouTube some of the first practices with Bill..  he's screaming at mistakes "this is why you were a 1- 15 team!"

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The higher ups should be looking at him.  If we don’t give him an extension we’re likely to lose him in February. 

SAR I

I have it on good authority that the Patriots, Chiefs, Bills and Seahawks are lining up to sign Adam's Gaze to be their head coach.  They have informed their current coaches that they can pack it up if Gaze is available.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, BettyBoop said:

I have it on good authority that the Patriots, Chiefs, Bills and Seahawks are lining up to sign Adam's Gaze to be their head coach.  They have informed their current coaches that they can pack it up if Gaze is available.

Goodell might not allow Gase to coach ever again.  The guy is just too good

3 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

I have to disagree with you...  Parcells took a 1-15 team to 9-7 with much of the same roster. Coaching and DISCIPLINE are as important when fielding a competitive team. 

Go YouTube some of the first practices with Bill..  he's screaming at mistakes "this is why you were a 1- 15 team!"

This narrative that coaches can’t make their rosters play better is total and utter rubbish nonsense

Parcells didn’t wait for the “true rebuild”

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

I read two books of Parcells...  BOTH will convince you that he is a no nonsense coach. He is MR Discipline.  He outgrew his persona but is a HOFer for good reason.

• Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Outside of Manning and Sar I who thinks Gase is worth a sh*t??   NOBODY!!

I’ll always think that Manning was hanging out with a few buddies drinking a few beers and told them “watch how I bend over the Jets...again hahaha...watch who I recommend to their troll owner to be coach hehehe”....his buddies were probably holding in busting out laughing but didn’t make it before the call was over.