******JETS V DOLPHINS OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD GET UP FOR FLACCOMANIA***********

T0mShane

Injury Status for Week 6
Jets WR Breshad Perriman's status is trending in the right direction for a return to the lineup on Sunday after missing three games with an ankle injury. If he's able to play on Sunday, Head Coach Adam Gase doesn't envision any restrictions for Perriman, though he is listed as questionable on Friday's injury report.

"I think it helps anytime you get a guy that is as fast as he is," Gase said. "It puts a different pressure on the defense. We haven't had anybody with this kind of speed out there since he's been gone. The guy had a really productive second half of the season last year and he definitely was our best guy in training camp. We really saw some things where we were excited and then we had the setback with the injury and then he was out for a while. … I think now with the combination we have right now I think our speed is increasing on the outside, which is extremely helpful at that position."

LT Mekhi Becton is doubtful for Sunday's game and went through individual drills Friday after not participating in Wednesday's or Thursday's sessions.

"It's all about, do the trainer's, doctors have a concern?" Gase said. "If they don't and then he feels the right way, then we've got a chance. If he feels like something doesn't feel right, then we don't." 

CB Bless Austin (calf/non-injury related), DL John-Franklin Myers (foot), LG Alex Lewis (shoulder) and DL Quinnen Williams (hamstring) are all questionable for Sunday's matchup. QB Sam Darnold (shoulder) is listed as doubtful even though Gase has ruled him out.

34 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Glad you are getting back to work.  There is lots of covid cases in Florida, and I hope Gaze gets it.  We might win!!!!

Thank you so much and thanks for the the well-wishes from others!  I have news for you. If they stuck a wax dummy Gase double on the sidelines and then had a player or two slap the arms around a little bit once in a while to give the illusion that it changed position, did a bogus stop n chat to further this sleight of hand, the outcome would be the same. Scratch that, the Jets probably win. Wax dummy for the win!!!! Oh, right, wait, I forgot about those "Sherman things" and "Hobart's Funnies" used on the beaches of Normandy *caugh caugh*.

• Upvote 1

The absolute worst thing about this season is game day. The Jets must lose out- but it’s hard to watch and hope for a loss. Even though regardless of what I root for it will inevitably will be another loss. 
At least during the week we can piss and moan and not worry about losing that day.

Indifference and bemusement. How will they f__ things up to day against the wheel of Ryan Fitzpatrick in upswing mode? 

The 5 INT Fitzpatrick is out there, in the realm of possibility, waiting to happen. Don't think it happens today. 

Instead we will see the Jets beaten like the Washington Generals while Adam Gase sits on the bench perusing his playbook. He is after all a brilliant offensive mind. Just ask Chris Johnson.

Well the season can't end soon enough!   It was an interesting comment by the great and wonderful Dowell Loggins.  

It seems he stated that the Defense dictates what the offense does.   I actually thought that when the offense is on the field the offense should dictate.   Any good offense would keep the defense off balance.  Obviously that seems to be the biggest problem this great offensive staff is just playing into the defenses hands.   The game planning is non existent.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Who in their right mind wishes Covid on anyone?  

Says a lot about who you are dude/dudette. 

Did you know anyone personally who died of Covid?  

I did and it sucks. 4 people some were parents of my longtime friends. 

Or maybe he just meant he hopes he gets it and doesn't die like 99% of the people that get it.  Maybe he just wants him to miss a few weeks coaching. Although that wouldn't make sense because Gase is the Jets best chance at 0-16

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

God I love watching redzone and getting to see what real football looks like. 

Man it's crazy I'm watching team run plays to score and advance...it is really noticeable on red zone...

I mean tennessee game is nuts it the qb who was regarded as worst possible in league...looks like an all-star when he is not throwing behind the line of scrimmage

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LockeJET said:

FB_IMG_1602936723118.jpg

You should have had Gase wearing a generic olive drab baseball hat. Did anyone notice that on draft night? How as a HC of an NFL football team do you not wear the team logo somewhere on your person? Was that supposed to be some kind of a ringing endorsement? Was it supposed to be like not using red pens on kids' tests anymore . . . or something . . . ? I know I'm a kook, but I thought that was weird.  ? <== Wait, that's an Adam Gase emoji! "What goes on here?" "I don't know. Ask Adam Gase." ???

• Haha 3

JETS ROSTER
Game 6 @ Miami

Total: 54 (53 man roster +1 PS)
Practice Squad Call Ups: 1 (QB White)
Players Listed as Out: 2 (QB Darnold / OT Becton
Players Inactivated: 4 (QB Morgan, DL Sheppard, DL/LB WIllis, CB Wilson)

Offense (25)

Quarterback  (4) 

•   5 - Joe Flacco 6'6" 240 Delaware (QB) 
  •   8 - Mike White 6'5" 218 Western Kentucky (QB)  (Practice Squad Call Up - Activated 4x**)
    (** Was on active roster for a time, waived, then added back to PS, not sure if PS Call Ups reset)
  •   4 - James Morgan 6'4" 229 FIU (QB)   (INACTIVE)
  • 14 - Sam Darnold 6'3" 221 USC   (QB)  <<< (Out)  

Running Back  (3) 

• 21 - Frank Gore 5'9" 212 Miami (RB)   
  • 22 - La'Michael Perine 5'11" 216 Florida  (RB)    
  • 25 - Ty Johnson 5'10" 210 Maryland (RB)    

Tight End   (4)   

• 89 - Chris Herndon 6'4" 253 Miami (TE)  
  • 84 - Ryan Griffin 6'6" 255 UCONN (TE)  
  • 85 - Trevon Wesco 6'3" 267  West Virginia  (TE/FB???)  
  • 87 - Daniel Brown 6'5" 243 James Madison (TE)   

Wide Receiver   (5) 

• 82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR)  
  • 19 - Breshard Perriman 6"2" 215 Central Florida (WR) << Active (was Questionable)   
  • 10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (WR/KR)  
  • 16 - Jeff Smith 6'0" 195  Boston College   (WR)  
  • 17 - Vyncint Smith 6'3" 202 Limestone (WR)    

Offensive Line   (9) 

• 71 - Alex Lewis 6'6" 315 Michigan (G) << Active (was Questionable)   
  • 60 - Conner McGovern 6'4" 306 Missouri (C)   
  • 62 - Greg Van Roten 6'3" 303 Penn (G)  
  • 76 - George Fant 6'5" 322 Western Kentucky (T)   
  • 75 - Chuma Edoga 6'3" 308 USC (T)  
  • 69 - Conor McDermott 6'8" 305 UCLA (G/T)   
  • 68 - Josh Andrews 6"4" 311 Oregon State (C/G)   
  • 61 - James Murray 6'5" 304 Holy Cross (OL)  
  • 77 - Mekhi Becton 6'7" 365 Louisville (T)  <<< (Out)  

Defense (27)

Defensive Line  (7)  

• 96 - Henry Anderson 6'6" 300  Stanford (DE)   
  • 99 - Steve McLendon 6'3" 310 Troy (DT)  
  • 95 - Quinnen Williams 6'3" 303 Alabama  (DT)  
  • 98 - Kyle Phillips 6'4" 277  Tennessee (DE)  
  • 94 - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (DE/DT)  
  • 91 - John Franklin-Myers  6'4" 288  Stephen F Austin   (DE/OLB) << Active (was Questionable)   
  • 97 - Nathan Shepherd 6'4" 315 Ft. Hays State (DE/DT)   (INACTIVE)

Linebacker  (9)  

• 54 - Avery Williamson 6'1" 246 Kentucky (ILB)  
  • 46 - Neville Hewitt 6'2" 234 Marshall (ILB)   
  • 44 - Harvey Langi 6'2" 250 BYU (ILB)   
  • 48 - Jordan Jenkins 6'3" 259 Georgia (OLB)     
  • 93 - Tarell Basham 6'4" 266 Ohio (OLB)      
  • 53 - Blake Cashman 6'1" 237 Minneota (ILB)  
  • 50 - Frankie Luvu 6'3" 235 Washington State (OLB) 
  • 47 - Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 Memphis (OLB)  
  • 55 - Jordan Willis 6'4" 270 Kansas State (OLB/DE)   (INACTIVE)

Cornerback  (6)   

• 34 - Brian Poole 5'10" 205 Florida (CB)     
  • 35 - Pierre Desir 6'1" 192 Lindenwood (CB)  
  • 40 - Javelin Guidry 5'9" 191 Utah (CB)   
  • 38 - Lamar Jackson 6'2" 208 Nebraska (CB)  
  • 31 - Blessaun Austin 6'1" 198 Rutgers (CB) << Active (was Questionable)   
  • 27 - Quincy Wilson 6'2" 193 Florida (CB)     (INACTIVE)   

Safety   (45)   

• 20 - Marcus Maye 6'0" 210 Florida  (S)  
  • 30 - Bradley McDougald 6'1" 215 Kansas (S)  
  • 32 - Ashtyn Davis 6'1" 202 Cal (S)  
  • 41 - Matthais Farley 5'11" 204  Temple (S)  

Special Teams (3)

Punter    (1) 

• 7 - Braden Mann 5'11" 198Texas A+M (P)      

Kicker    (1) 

• 9 - Sam Ficken 6'1" 192 Penn State (PK)  

Long Snapper   (1)  

• 42 - Thomas Hennessy 6'2" 246 Duke (LS)
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, peebag said:

I'm pretty sure the Dolphags are up 14 by now

The game didn't start yet, but the Jets gonna Jet before even getting on the field. Agreed. 

Hah, in all seriousness, if any Miami personnel have personal axes to grind, the Jets will be a whet stone today.