Darnold decision is easy!

Jetster

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

I’m almost thinking that way too.  He came after that hit and it clear his shoulder was bothering him.  I’m surprised he stayed in the game. 

This smacks of Favre post injury 2009. The organization concealed for either Mangini, Favre or management.

His performance was obviously degraded the second half of the season, the organization refused to recognize it publicly until after the season and Mangini was removed.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Young players can also suck. Darnold has shown absolutely nothing. It's over.

2015 season[edit]

USC defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox, who recruited Darnold to the school, wanted him to play linebacker before he declined.[2] In the 2015 season, Darnold redshirted for his freshman year as he was behind Cody Kessler and Max Browne on the depth chart.[9]

Let's try him at LB next week.  I mean why not?

• Upvote 1

Exactly, the $$$ is a Huge part of this equation. Gase has a better chance of coming back than Darnold, 125 , and 130 yards last two games, there is bad, and there is Sam. I am going to look up the 10 worst offensive lines, and i bet Sam is the worst qb , of any of the them....and i will further guess that the Jets dont have the worst OL in the nfl.

Was watching Justin Herbert.  He looks very good.  Unlike Darnold, however, he has some really good receivers.  I wonder how Sam would look if he had one.  Last year, he developed a nice chemistry with Robbie Anderson and Crowder.  

Darnold is done here. His footwork is terrible and he’s not pulling the trigger when he has guys open right in front of him. The QB also bears some of the responsibility on blocking calls and honestly while I don’t think our line is all that great I do think some of Sam’s troubles with the rush are due to his own lack of understanding what he sees out there.

That said, I do see the potential in him. I honestly think PIT comes knocking and gives a pick. I think he can have good success in a system like theirs with the players they have. He needs a reset, purge the Gase out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

If we end up at #1 or #2 in the 2021 draft taking Trevor Lawrence if we have #1 or Justin Fields if we're at #2. I was watching Steelers vs Ravens while watching Jets on my IPad. 

We are 3 to 4 more years away from even coming close to competing with the top teams in this league & Sam Darnold is just not good enough to compete at a top 10 level. His long ball is terrible, he doesn't see the field well and he's been David Carred. I don't care who is playing with you, to have 41 yards total in 4 quarters (last week + this weeks) 2nd halves, is almost impossible in today's NFL. 5 three & outs, 7 quarters in a row with zero TDs, forget rebuild, this team needs an entire do over including a new QB direction. 

Im saying it now, Sam Darnold won't even have a career as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick. Matt Moore is pretty much his ceiling.we need to keep losing with no regrets, as a long time Jet fan I'm 100% on board with the tank for Trevor bandwagon. This team is unwatchable, it's not NFL football. 

The decision is easy for the Jets. They have to move on. But I wouldn't write the kid off. He was a much bigger prospect than Tanehill and Gase wasn't able to destroy him.

The thing with Gase and QBs is they have a vaccine. Once Gase gets fired they are better with their next team.

6 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Maybe, but he is really young. I would bet on him having a solid career as he's only 22. Also, it's not true that any team is 3 to 4 years away. If we get the #1 pick - Trevor, with the rest of our picks, a new coach and the money/cap space we'll have we should compete for the division next year. Add Mosely, a top guard, wr and corner in free agency we will be able to fill out the team with our draft picks. It won't take a great team next year to win this division.

This is the Jets, we're 52 years away

8 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

We need 2 of the 3 teams Giants, Texans, and Jax to get 1 more win so we have 1 one win cushion in case we end up beating NE or someone not showing up 1 week. Texans and Jax play each other so a loss by one of them or a tie gets us where we just need one more to lose and the Giants may get that win. picking 1 or 2 gets you Lawrence or Fields and we can then start over since both look like great prospects.

Biggest Jets games of this remaining season are....

Giants vs. Washington (11/8), Giants vs Cowboys (1/3).

Giants might also have a puncher's chance against the Bengals and Eagles.  I'm thinking the Giants find a way to win 1 of those 4 games.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Once Gase gets fired they are better with their next team.

Why roll the dice when you have two good QBs coming out of college?  We should fire Gase immediately and give Greg Williams a chance the rest of the season.  He is the only one in the person in the coaching staff that I would like to keep around next year (as a DC). 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

The decision is easy for the Jets. They have to move on. But I wouldn't write the kid off. He was a much bigger prospect than Tanehill and Gase wasn't able to destroy him.

The thing with Gase and QBs is they have a vaccine. Once Gase gets fired they are better with their next team.

Oh, I think Darnold will have a career in the NFL, I just don't think he'll ever be consistent enough to be a Super Bowl QB, and shouldn't that be our goal to find a guy like that? If you notice, his teammates don't even help him up anymore after getting smashed to the ground. No one fights for him, someone should have stood up for him when he was injured by being whipped into the ground 5 games ago. I think he'll maybe be an average starter ala maybe Cousins at best, but more like Matt Barkley another USC QB but Barkley wasn't picked 3rd overall. 

8 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Name a team in our division that is going to be really good next year. I don't see one. Sorry if it goes against the miserable Jet fan narrative.

We're 0-8 on the way to 0-16.  After a year we started 1-7.  We're the laughingstock of the NFL.  We have one of the worst offenses in NFL history. 

We're utterly uncompetitive as a Franchise, and we've been that way for years now.

We have every god damn reason to be miserable and to doubt this POS franchise and it's decisions, and frankly I'm sick and tired of sunshine daydreamers pretending we're in some great spot, just the next supposed "generational savior" away from the playoffs and greatness.  And most of you fools are the same exact fools who loudly and annoying proclaimed Darnold the savior just a few years ago.  You're literally always wrong, yet still the loudest homers in the crowd.

There is no Santa Claus.  There is no Easter Bunny.  And there is no such thing as a one-man savior in the NFL.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The most eye-opening stat from yesterday was that Darnold was in full panic all day like he was being chased by wolves even though the Jets OL only gave up one sack. Just totally shot. 

He's also in total self preservation mold, hell, I watched Drew Brees who's what 100? Stand in against the rush, up until the last moment & hit his WR & got blasted. Sam sees ghosts everywhere, stares down WRs, still throws lollipops off his back foot, had NO PRESSURE on the overthrow of Jeff Smith who had 2 steps on the CB. 2 steps is WIDE F*CKING OPEN in the NFL. 

Sams shot. Macc never read the book Outliers. Outliers become Outliers by mastering their craft through repetition in the same field over & over again. Sams a LB turn QB way too late in life. He could make 1 read throws in college but they does'nt work in the NFL. He's truly no better now than when he threw his 1st pick on his 1st throw in the NFL. A pick 6. Omen? 

Trevor Lawrence may not be our savior, but based on the experience of being a QB his entire LIFE & playing over 40 college games gives him a better chance of being an Outlier for us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Jetster said:

Right? We might be able to put a young exciting offense together, Trevor, Mims, FA (Allen Robinson), draft Ettiene, move to get Pitts, these are the types of moves I see JD doing, but even doing that it will take 2022 with more picks & FA to compete for the division. 

Do you mean Pitts from Fla - isn't he a Freshman ?

Just looked it up , he is a Junior must have confused him with someone else.  Pitts is a beast.  Keep an eye on LSU TE Arik Gilbert who is a true Freshman , he will  be another beast TE.

17 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is one of those arguments where you use the most extreme example to prove a point pertaining to actual reality. 

It's as silly an argument as suggesting Darnold's entire career to date is a wash and he can't be evaluated.  That's extreme too.  

Actual reality:  He isn't good at football.  And he never will be.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you mean Pitts from Fla - isn't he a Freshman ?

Just looked it up , he is a Junior must have confused him with someone else.  Pitts is a beast.  Keep an eye on LSU TE Arik Gilbert who is a true Freshman , he will  be another beast TE.

It’s not all that crazy to think JD might be able to maneuver a bit & end up with Trevor at #1 if we land it, and Ettiene + Pitts degoending on what we get for Darnold. 
How beautiful would that be to put all that young talent around TL? 
Sigh Thuney & Allen Robinson in free agency. 
Draft Trevor- Ettiene-Pitts & a Center top 4 picks. Go all defense rest of the way. 
Starting offense: Robinson-Mims-Crowder-Pitts- BACKS: Ettiene + Perine. Or Najee Harris + Perine 

Let the fun begin with that group & all our picks on 2022! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

Since its pretty much decided we are going with a QB in the draft, I wouldn't be against trying to ship Darnold off for some picks. I think we could get a 5th and a 6th.

Absolutely ship him out now for the best possible deal. 

The  longer he remains on this team the longer the drama continues. 

Move on NY Jets. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Absolutely ship him out now for the best possible deal. 

The  longer he remains on this team the longer the drama continues. 

Move on NY Jets. 

The problem is what can we realistically get for a guy that contracted mono from licking a toilet seat?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's as silly an argument as suggesting Darnold's entire career to date is a wash and he can't be evaluated.  That's extreme too.  

Actual reality:  He isn't good at football.  And he never will be.

OH YEAH RIGHT he's the worst QB to ever play, there are guys in Junior High school better. 

How's that?

PS. I think there's a middle ground.

11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

OH YEAH RIGHT he's the worst QB to ever play, there are guys in Junior High school better. 

How's that?

PS. I think there's a middle ground.

The middle ground is he sucks at being a starting pro QB.  The middleground isn't "he'd be an above average franchise QB if......".  

Lots of QB's suck at football.  It's OK to admit this and move on.  Only about 12 guys on the planet are good at it at any given time, and it's very clear who those guys are, and even more clear who those guys aren't.  

• Upvote 2