Add Steve Young to the list

AFJF

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

of People telling Trevor Lawrence to stay in college if the Jets have a chance to draft him.

Just saw that on ESPN.  I mentioned it in the game thread.  Ridiculous.

Also, if he gets drafted by the Jets could he then decide to go back to school???  Like, after he showed up and was drafted as she states.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

If Lawrence is swayed by public opinion and stays in school, it wouldn’t have worked in New York anyway. I’m okay with Lawrence or fields. 

Remind me what happened to the last three QBs who manipulated the draft to their wishes.

? ? ? ? ? ?

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

I still think Lawrence comes out, I’m just nervous about the Jags. Still fear Jets will win one or two they shouldn’t. 

No sweat, just remind Trevor's people that the Jets play in NEW YORK and he'll demand a trade to us even if we don't get 1st overall!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Icer said:

We'll see what happens. A new coach, some signings in FA, and it doesn't look so bad anymore.

Jets HC hire is critical for so many reasons. Going for a coordinator who never had the top job is high risk/high reward. I personally think this team needs a heat seeking culture missile fired into its collective bunghole like Harbaugh or Cowher.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 82nd Airborne said:

There is no guarantee that he will be the top player next year.  Many things can happen and risking his status as the top player would be a huge gamble.  

Many would -- and have -- argued so is playing for the Jets.

Just now, Icer said:

We'll see what happens. A new coach, some signings in FA, and it doesn't look so bad anymore.

We said did that same exact thing in 2019.  And, we did it.  New HC, signed a bunch of dudes, it didn't look bad for 5 months.....until Week 1.

It's not the coaches, GMs or even the players....it's the franchise and ownership.  There's a track record that has spanned multiple coaches and players for decades that I think makes even guys like Steve Young talk like this.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Nick Blitz said:

The tweet is a logical fallacy, if Lawrence gets drafted by the Jets it implies he must have declared for the draft and therefore is ineligible to return to college.

Also Steve young can EAD.

Not sure if it was a direct quote of Steve or if Jane summarized his statement wrong in her tweet.  So it could be, in fact, that Jane needs to do the dick eating.

But we'll need to confirm that.

3 minutes ago, Nick Blitz said:

The tweet is a logical fallacy, if Lawrence gets drafted by the Jets it implies he must have declared for the draft and therefore is ineligible to return to college.

Also Steve young can EAD.

Jets fans wouldn't just kill the messenger of bad news, we'd string up his horse, too.

blazing-saddles-hanging-horse – Knowledge is Power

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure if it was a direct quote of Steve or if Jane summarized his statement wrong in her tweet.  So it could be, in fact, that Jane needs to do the dick eating.

But we'll need to confirm that.

To be on the safe side they can both chow down, I’m just bored of the ‘save poor Trevor’ narrative.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But as usual these guys really do not know what is going on with the jets and yet they give their expert opinion.

They rightfully so killed the jets and killed gase but none of them mentioned our upcoming draft capital and cap situation.

The Jets now are what miami and zona was a couple years ago.  If the next two drafts are actually good the jets will be a good looking team in a few years.  As usual, as always it comes down the the draft.

Word. The position of “Jets QB” might be a lot more palatable by the end of February. They’ll have a new coach (Bieniemy? Harbaugh?) and they’ll have a stack of free agents—particularly at skill positions—aboard. It looks bleak from the outside today, but the resources exist to sharpen it up quite a bit before Lawrence has to make a call. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just saw that on ESPN.  I mentioned it in the game thread.  Ridiculous.

Also, if he gets drafted by the Jets could he then decide to go back to school???  Like, after he showed up and was drafted as she states.

No, if he declares then he can't go back to the NCAA. Although there's some rumblings they may change that because of covid. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Word. The position of “Jets QB” might be a lot more palatable by the end of February. They’ll have a new coach (Bieniemy? Harbaugh?) and they’ll have a stack of free agents—particularly at skill positions—aboard. It looks bleak from the outside today, but the resources exist to sharpen it up quite a bit before Lawrence has to make a call. 

Do you get paid to post this drivel?  There is zero help coming via FA until JD can prove he can draft well.  2023 at the earliest.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1