Add Steve Young to the list

AFJF

Watch, Trevor Lawrence stays in school. 

Jets end up with the #2 pick anyway, and then draft Trey Lance who goes on to have a prolific career having a GM who understands the importance of protection and weapons, and a head coach that understands how to best employ a dual threat QB. 

Trevor gets Justin Herberted into the 10th pick of the 2022 draft (to a mediocre team) and goes on to finishing in 3rd place of his division for a majority of his career-until he shaves his head-and has a late career revival for one session a la Mike Glennon. 

• Post of the Week 1

Everyone hates the Jets and never want to see us become great. They are all jealous of the thought of Trevor Lawrence a Jet.

Remind Steve Young that

A.) He'll already have a Franchise LT waiting to protect his blindside in Becton. 

B.) A+ Salary Cap in order to improve our offensive talent around him. 

C.) The most amount of draft capital compared to any other team over the next 3 years in order to build around him. 

D.) Are all of these experts advising him to "stay in school" willing to pay his 9-5 salary, pay for his future children's college education, buy his parents their dream home, purchase Trevor's dream car etc after a potential season/career ending 2021 injury?

E.) If not? They can all simply STFU. 

Were all of these talking heads advising Dak Prescott before his season ending injury to decline Dallas's max contract extension too? lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Everyone hates the Jets and never want to see us become great. They are all jealous of the thought of Trevor Lawrence a Jet.

Remind Steve Young that

A.) He'll already have a Franchise LT waiting to protect his blindside in Becton. 

C.) The most amount of draft capital compared to any other team over the next 3 years in order to build around him. 

D.) Are all of these experts advising him to "stay in school" willing to pay his 9-5 salary, pay for his future children's college education, buy his parents their dream home, purchase Trevor's dream car etc after a potential season/career ending 2021 injury?

E.) If not? They can all simple STFU. 

Were all of these talking heads advising Dak Prescott before his season ending injury to decline Dallas's max contract extension too? lol. 

^^^Must be all about the money^^^

lol

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Remind Steve Young that

Sorry, I had to stop at the bold.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Word. The position of “Jets QB” might be a lot more palatable by the end of February. They’ll have a new coach (Bieniemy? Harbaugh?) and they’ll have a stack of free agents—particularly at skill positions—aboard. It looks bleak from the outside today, but the resources exist to sharpen it up quite a bit before Lawrence has to make a call. 

have your doctors recently changed your meds?

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just saw that on ESPN.  I mentioned it in the game thread.  Ridiculous.

Also, if he gets drafted by the Jets could he then decide to go back to school???  Like, after he showed up and was drafted as she states.

No. Once he declares, thats it. His college career is done. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Remind Steve Young that

This is a great post but no one is jealous of the Jets.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Jax is such a better org, give me a break!

They are not the Jets, nor run by owners who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.  I mean, he was successful at something which gives him more credibility than the Jets.  Yeah, I disagree.  He'd have a chance with the Jags at least.

• Thumb Down 1

46 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Remind Steve Young that

The Jets aren't worthy of hatred.  They are worthy of laughter.

A - So far a guy who looks very good when on the field, unfortunately he can't stay on it.

B - helps

C - Miami has a lot also.

D - It's a threat, that's all.  Definitely wouldn't surprise me to see him try to pull an Eli or Elway.

3 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

If Lawrence is swayed by public opinion and stays in school, it wouldn’t have worked in New York anyway. I’m okay with Lawrence or fields. 

It's not even "public opinion". It's just talking heads on TV who realize the best way to get attention is to troll one of the largest fans bases in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think a guy like Steve Young - who was high on Sam - saw what they did to him.

It really is a disgrace, JD is absolutely going to have to do some selling.

The selling is easy.  New HC and potential FA pickups to make the line better. I think the Jets target Thuney again this offseason and put him next to Becton. Also potential #1 WR in FA to put next to Mims and Crowder. Those are all great selling points. Thankfully FA happens before the draft. If the Jets have the #1 pick and is Lawrence I don't think JD is going to make the same mistakes Macc did. I expect him to go big fish hunting on the offensive line and at WR in FA or via trades.

• Upvote 2

Gotta love all these guys coming out and telling a 20 something year old kid to throw out 40 million guaranteed dollars because “green team bad” when his only other option, as of today, is to be drafted by the f*cking Jaguars, the 3rd most relevant team in a state that doesn’t give a sh*t about NFL football.  For the record, Young said that Burrow should have avoided the Bengals too.  This is his annual “hot take”.

Anyway...Fields is very special in his own right and is definitely worth the 1st overall pick.  If Trevor does puss out and go back, take Fields and never look back.  Honestly, I don’t want anyone that is that so much of a coward that they don’t want to face a semblance of adversity.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I still think Lawrence comes out, I’m just nervous about the Jags. Still fear Jets will win one or two they shouldn’t. 

They sent a 12 guy on the field to try and give the Pats a touchdown instead of a field goal.

They seem pretty committed to this tank.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

of People telling Trevor Lawrence to stay in college if the Jets have a chance to draft him.

The list of players who have suffered sever brain trauma from multiple concussions during their career to offer advice to Trevor is growing. I am going to guess he isn't taking advice from former players looking for media attention. 

• Thumb Down 1

55 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The stay in school to avoid Jets schtick is just an echo chamber at this point.

I'd like any one of these analyst to sit down and do a side by side comparison of the Jets and Jaguars going forward.  Then say with a straight face he should avoid the Jets but embrace the Jaguars, their equally(if not more) pathetic roster and their 3 games a year in London.

These former players know that if they say it will get attention. That is all everyone is about these days. So yeah, we will keep hearing it from random former players. 

The bigger question is why do Jets fans feel the need to start a new thread every time someone spews the same nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

These former players know that if they say it will get attention. That is all everyone is about these days. So yeah, we will keep hearing it from random former players. 

The bigger question is why do Jets fans feel the need to start a new thread every time someone spews the same nonsense. 

Because 

1A7859AE-46D2-4C34-A16D-E665D5D1602D.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

The selling is easy.  New HC and potential FA pickups to make the line better. I think the Jets target Thuney again this offseason and put him next to Becton. Also potential #1 WR in FA to put next to Mims and Crowder. Those are all great selling points. Thankfully FA happens before the draft. If the Jets have the #1 pick and is Lawrence I don't think JD is going to make the same mistakes Macc did. I expect him to go big fish hunting on the offensive line and at WR in FA or via trades.

FA may be before the draft, but doesn’t Lawrence - as well as Fields and Wilson, for that matter - have to declare in January, well before FA starts?

It used to be later (e.g. Peyton Manning opting to return to Tenn in March ‘97) but now underclassmen have to declare in Janaury.

I don’t know about any exceptions if they haven’t hired agents (i.e. they’re not officially “pro” people yet if no money’s exchanged hands nor professional contracts signed yet) but I don’t think so. It’s also possible there may be a carve-out created to declare later, due to COVID, but nothing’s been announced so far as I’m aware.

Would you take advise from this fool who choose to start his professional career in the USFL and not the NFL?  

As far as financial advise, Young reportedly took a huge annuity from his USFL team that would pay him for decades to come, and when the USFL went belly up, he never received his money (and he even had tried to buy out his contract to get to the NFL).  Yea a great example of who not to listen to.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Word. The position of “Jets QB” might be a lot more palatable by the end of February. They’ll have a new coach (Bieniemy? Harbaugh?) and they’ll have a stack of free agents—particularly at skill positions—aboard. It looks bleak from the outside today, but the resources exist to sharpen it up quite a bit before Lawrence has to make a call. 

Exactly. If Trevor was watching last night he saw Flacco with a lot of time & only sacked once. Mims looks like he can play, Crowder is Crowder unless they land Devonta Smith. Perine looked serviceable as a #2 RB. Jets might be in position to draft TLs BFF Etienne, he'll have a beast at LT, JD will most definitely continue his rebuild of the Oline. 

He might see a few big name additions in free agency like Allen Robinson & a stud guard. If TL refuses to play for the Jets it tells me he's a pussy & I don't want him & would be happy with Justin Fields. You have to wonder who JD thinks is better right now? We all thought Darnold was better than Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson right? 

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think a guy like Steve Young - who was high on Sam - saw what they did to him.

It really is a disgrace, JD is absolutely going to have to do some selling.

I'm sick of this narrative, can it be that Sam was just hyped up to much & hes just not that good?