New uniforms: evil or abomination?

jgb

New unis  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do to the new unis?

• Keep 'em. They're fresh!
    • Burn with fire. Bury ashes under a garbage dump. Nuke the garbage dump. They are cursed. Bring back the only unis we ever won anything in.
    • Keep them unless we go 0-16 then destroy.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

A lot of it is the color and design. The slashes arrows whatever they are look hideous. No current player is worth investing in a jersey. 

Might break my rule of only buying former Jet HOFer jerseys if Watson comes here. He's that good.

I do like all whites and blacks but I've always disliked green pants no matter the uniform, and they're even worse then they used to be. 

Our uniforms don't have to be terrible but we manage to mostly wear the worst combinations of it. Still prefer the old ones much more and wished they went more retro with the redesign to actually symbolize that we're the New York Jets and not the New York Footballs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

The new uniforms are trash, a total failure as a concept, an embarrassment from the get go with the worst presentation ever conducted, and should be incinerated immediately.  Why would a franchise want to evoke memories of their once lowest era (only to duplicate it)?

That's the best professional uniform designers could do? Half the fan submitted nonsense looked 100× better than that sh*t they rolled out, from the shiny Christmas Ornament helmets to the oh so terrible combo of black and bright green...

Total crap.

Jets....JETS... NOT 737s, the cool sh*t we use to DOMINATE THIS PLANETS SKIES!!!

CHROME HELMETS!! Subdued grey with green. That was the way to go, but pussy ass liberal Nike and the Retard Brothers went with bubble font words,  Children's toy green, with a clear influence from children's onesies.

If we didn’t suck they’d suddenly look a lot better.

I'm ok with the helmets but the jerseys are kinda lousy. The blade things across the top look like straight jacket bindings. It makes the players look narrow and I wouldn't think you would want your players to look narrow, especially for a QB trying to target them.

What I really don't get about it is instead of having the points come together in the middle and wrapping around they could have done the same thing on the front and back with the points meeting at the middle of the arms so they looked like a jet flying as the players run towards/away. 

4 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I prefer the white helmets

and are the jets and giants the only teams that don’t incorporate their team name into their logo at all?

anyway to put a jet in the logo somehow and/or some gray 

I agree with the white helmets. The problem now is they would clash with the all black uniforms.  I think the green hemets would be better if they fixed the logo.  It needs to be more aggressive.  

I really HATE the football logo. It means nothing. I liked the gen. 2 Jet logo of Ken O'Brien, Joe Klecko, and Freeman McNeil. It actually depicts a J-E-T. The Jets do play football, but don't really need a football to remind people. They should have gone with an actual Jet on the uniform somewhere.

5 hours ago, phill1c said:

I really HATE the football logo. It means nothing. I liked the gen. 2 Jet logo of Ken O'Brien, Joe Klecko, and Freeman McNeil. It actually depicts a J-E-T. The Jets do play football, but don't really need a football to remind people. They should have gone with an actual Jet on the uniform somewhere.

Debatable

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Which was more embarrassing?

The "fashion" show unveiling of the new uniforms

or

Gase's wandering eye introductory press conference.

I say the uniform release because I knew Gase was a failure, but they had a chance to make the uniform great and went the opposite way.

Jets don new uniforms for first time in 20 years | abc7ny.com

OT - petition for Mike Rowe's voice as a Siri alternative ...

Absent some credible inside info, I will go to my grave believing that Glatt’s no longer President in large part due to the unveiling. It was the worst relaunch since New Coke. Total cringe factory.

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Nothing beats these Uni's.... Not the stupid new helmet, or the 80 helmet, or jerseys.  This is our identity, and we should have stuck with it.

dallas-cowboys-v-new-york-jets.jpg

Only the jets could **** up a wet dream.  Cursing out these uniforms is the only time its allowed on this site,

dick.jpg

The jerseys are stupid looking with the weird small swooshes...I get that they are trying to make it look well no I don't know what they were trying to do but they look dumb. The green helmit is much better than the off white ones we always ended up having. I'm not sure why the jets waste do much money on stuff that is not worth the funding. I mean how hard is it to have a green and a white jersey with the opposite golor highlights...just use ******* stripes.. two horizontal stripes on the sleeve. Boom done.

God damn jets...looks at the images of our team they look like they for got to affix the whole design...but whatever they would looks great if we won some games.

• Upvote 2

Oh in stead of making that dumb football oval thing with our letter on it, get a damn logo...guess what it is supposed to be of?? A damn jets holy crap what a concept, how did I come up with this ingenious idea. Its the DAMN name of the team... patriots hmhave a picture of a patriot, the bills of a Buffalo, the dolphins a dolphin...the jets spell the name out...omg... I know we are making alot of great changes at some point I hope they take all of the two seconds needed to fix the uniform. 

I mean honestly it's not that hard.

• Upvote 2

On 11/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

If it were up to me I'd dump them and go back to our classic unis as soon as they let us.

Just send the NFL a check to ramp up vaccine distribution Woody and beg them to allow us to change the uniforms back to the 60's look.     

• Upvote 2

Also the logo should be the jet. Like that is the logo no old word jets with the little tiny plane over the top or variation of. The jet is the logo and should be it, no words needed. Anyway rant over sorry. I just don't know whe we can't get easy stuff right. Maybe this new coach with fix it. But we are an NFL team with no identity because of the same idiot who picked the new uniform. Different things but same problem...no leadership.