Update on QW and Josh Allen

BCJet

4 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Qw is definitely improving. He is still young and should continue to get better. Hopefully we can get some improvement off the edge which should help him out even more.

We have NO ONE on the edge to worry about. Bud Dupree would help that! 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We have NO ONE on the edge to worry about. Bud Dupree would help that! 

Dupree is such a great fit here.  If we had someone with his speed an pass rush ability, it would make QW that much more effective.  John Franklin Myers has also been very good as an inside rusher on passing downs, and seems like a real find along the DL as a 3-4 DE and then pass rushing DT.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Like someone mention earlier once we have a legitimate edge guy or even two Q will blossom. If he can be 75% the disruptive force Sapp was he will live up to his draft slot. Nice to see some young Jet talent improving for a change. 

I was hoping for a Derrick Brooks.

John Lynch bring the opportunity for way too many safety quips...

• Haha 1

I was one upset about QW >>> Josh Allen

Allen has been a huge disappointment this year.  Rumor is the coaching staff asked him to lose weight for some reason and he's just not as powerful as he once was and now he's the focus where he used to have Ngakoue and Campbell taking some of the attention away.  Still, huge disappointment. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

QW's college tape was outstanding.  Dominant.

He IS a pass rusher and will be a defensive centerpiece for this team. 

There is a reason teams made offers to acquire him, and one team made the 'whopper' offer.  Douglas kept him anyway.  JD knows how good this kid can be.

Warren Sapp wasn't dominant until year 3.

But what about injured Jonah who is moving to RT?

Too all those who wanted to dump QW, in year two, who also want to dump Darnold in year three. Consider this. A QB is far more dependant on those around him doing their jobs than a DT. If their not doing their job, it makes it very difficult for a QB, to do theirs.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Too all those who wanted to dump QW, in year two, who also want to dump Darnold in year three. Consider this. A QB is far more dependant on those around him doing their jobs than a DT. If their not doing their job, it makes it very difficult for a QB, to do theirs.

Jets fans love trashing their own players.  Watch Sam make the pro bowl next year on a different team

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Sam has played with a poor supporting cast.  If he was making the simple reads and executing the easy plays where his guys are open, I'd agree with you.  Unfortunately he's looking at open receivers and not pulling the trigger.  There has been numerous videos documenting this proof.  One of the worse was when he had a wide open guy on the slant, but held on for another two seconds which led to his shoulder injury.

He's just not processing the information the defense is showing him.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Sam has played with a poor supporting cast.  If he was making the simple reads and executing the easy plays where his guys are open, I'd agree with you.  Unfortunately he's looking at open receivers and not pulling the trigger.  There has been numerous videos documenting this proof.  One of the worse was when he had a wide open guy on the slant, but held on for another two seconds which led to his shoulder injury.

He's just not processing the information the defense is showing him.  

Could it be that he hasn't had the time to develop chemistry with these receivers, and that combined with no pass protection, has made him unsure of where to go with the ball. I mean, i agree that there have been times that he missed open receivers. Ultimately, the blames on him. Alot of good QB's miss easy completions in hope of pushing the ball downfield, or they feel more comfortable trying to het the ball to a different guy. Nobody notices that, when the offense is scoring points, and the team is winning

• Upvote 1

Qwill is going to be another jets player who is judged more on his draft position than what he actually brings at his position.  True enough defensive tackles can be found in later rounds and so maybe a different position should’ve been drafted but qwill is becoming one of those players the other teams will have to worry about.  The jets need more guys like him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I was one upset about QW >>> Josh Allen

Allen has been a huge disappointment this year.  Rumor is the coaching staff asked him to lose weight for some reason and he's just not as powerful as he once was and now he's the focus where he used to have Ngakoue and Campbell taking some of the attention away.  Still, huge disappointment. 

My dream wish is that after we fire Gase, Jacksonville hires him as their OC.   I want to see them with a top 3 pick for the next 5 years.  The team should never have been allowed into the NFL.  @#$% them!

Sorry, it's Thanksgiving and I'm drinking.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If I wasn’t so lazy I’d pull up the few hundred post by a few here saying how Allen was the best player ever coming out of college, the next LT, game changer, a future HOF etc etc 

Yet you're lazy enough to exaggerate these hypothetical posts you're too lazy to quote. lol

I was one of the people lamenting not taking Allen, but if changing my mind and loving Quinnen is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

42 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yet you're lazy enough to exaggerate these hypothetical posts you're too lazy to quote. lol

I was one of the people lamenting not taking Allen, but if changing my mind and loving Quinnen is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I thought taking any defensive player was stupid. You also weren’t one of the ones telling me I only watched one game and had no idea what I was talking even though I watched a ton of college football and I didn’t, there are a ton of post saying how amazing he was. 

4 hours ago, genot said:

Could it be that he hasn't had the time to develop chemistry with these receivers, and that combined with no pass protection, has made him unsure of where to go with the ball. I mean, i agree that there have been times that he missed open receivers. Ultimately, the blames on him. Alot of good QB's miss easy completions in hope of pushing the ball downfield, or they feel more comfortable trying to het the ball to a different guy. Nobody notices that, when the offense is scoring points, and the team is winning

You’re making too much sense. Don’t you know that Sam has been officially labeled a bust on this site?

I’d be ok with Sam as the Jet QB. But the ball is literally in his court. He needs to Go out there and win a few games. That’ll put the tank for Lawrence talk on ice.

I hope That his shoulder is healed and that he can play the last six games. Now that he has his receiving corps healthy, and has had the last couple of games to observe, He should be able to go out there and put up some points.

He’s got to grow some stones & take the bull by the horns. For his own sake, if he goes out there and wets the bed, no teams going to think he’s worth a high draft pick for him. That means Marriottaville for Sam.

• Upvote 2