Mike McCarthy may be available again

GreekJet

McCarthy is bad right now, the offense has gone south the D has been terrible, however i think it is totally NOT correct that he was some kind of hanger on to rogers for 10 years.  The guy has an excellent resume and has indeed won a super bowl.

All coaches with a franchise Qb look good and most you can bury once their franchise guy goes away (See Belli)

You do not have over a 600 winning pct and 8 years with at least 10 wins by fluke.

The guy was a good coach (past tense).

• Upvote 2

Laugh all you want but the choice we had wasn’t  between Vince Lombardi and McCarthy but between Gase and McCarthy. 

And with that as a background....McCarthy is 1000X better than Gase who shows little to no innovation, fails to utilize presnap movement as does 95% of the rest of the NFL and eventually plays favorites without developing anyone along the lines of Rogers.  

So no i don’t want McCarthy now but i would take him any day of the week over Gase who was the worst HC IMO in the division when he was fired by Miami and has shown himself to be the worst HC in the NFL since that time!!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Mike McCarthy gets a big money, long-term contract, it’s pretty much guaranteed that Mike Maccagnan is still here, and even if he did get fired, we never have a shot at hiring, let alone actually landing, Joe Douglas.

They both suck, but McCarthy would have been the far more disastrous hire.

Ummmmmm the Jets have the worst team in team history and you believe it could be worse .....

I really don’t see how...

The contract is speculation cause we don’t know and Mac was incompetent and IMO that couldn’t have been hidden for to much longer. 

11 hours ago, Gibby said:

Every throw I saw was behind the sticks. Are we sure he and Gase weren’t separated at birth. Same playbook it seems.?

McCarthys calls are worse given the talent the Cowboys have on offense.  Those WRs, Cooper, Gallup, Ceedee Lamb and theyre throwing dink and dunk passes against teams?  What?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Every year the Cowboys are the most overrated team in the NFL! I mean seriously, Sam Darnold & Robbie Anderson beat them. Look at their WRs compared to us when Mims & Perriman were out.

Cooper- Gallup- Ceedee Lamb! Damn! 

Isn’t this the whole issue? That team seems to always be loaded but underachieves by a lot. Parcells couldn’t do much and neither could Garrett.  McCarthy may want to make changes but is getting push back.