Joe Douglas has to take Justin Fields if they can't get Lawrence

Jetsbb

As it stands now the most likely scenario is the Jets have the 2nd pick. Painful Sunday after painful Sunday will result in loss after loss only to have the Patriots lay down the final week. This disastrous and predictable scenario is going to be devastating. Douglas better not get cute thinking he can stick with Darnold though.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

As it stands now the most likely scenario is the Jets have the 2nd pick. Painful Sunday after painful Sunday will result in loss after loss only to have the Patriots lay down the final week. This disastrous and predictable scenario is going to be devastating. Douglas better not get cute thinking he can stick with Darnold though.

Belichick isn’t gonna lay down to an 0-15 Jets team lmao. The guy has some sense of personal pride 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

If in doubt I expect Belichick to go the devious route.

despite that it makes me want to punch myself in the nut-sack and projectile puke in unison ... i almost want winning that game to get the Cheats into the playoffs as the #7 seed 

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Belichick isn’t gonna lay down to an 0-15 Jets team lmao. The guy has some sense of personal pride 

Yep. At this point the patsies have a really good chance of having a better record than Tampa and tommy boy.  Wouldn’t that be interesting considering how tommy is the goat and all.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think this is an unlikely scenario considering how bechton and mims are playing.  Douglas may have the best draft class since mangold and brick.

Possibly. But my hunch is there's a total overhaul if 0-16 happens. Everything about this organization right now is spoiled. A massive purge is in order. The way the Jets go about making decisions doesnt feel any different with Douglas as the GM. He's just occupying a seat right now.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Possibly. But my hunch is there's a total overhaul if 0-16 happens. Everything about this organization right now is spoiled. A massive purge is in order. The way the Jets go about making decisions doesnt feel any different with Douglas as the GM. He's just occupying a seat right now.

I feel like the only way Douglas gets fired is if someone like Urban Meyer or Sean Payton really wanted to coach Trevor Lawrence and they wanted full control. They’re not firing Douglas, giving him the rest of that money, and then going out to find another GM just to do it. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the only way Douglas gets fired is if someone like Urban Meyer or Sean Payton really wanted to coach Trevor Lawrence and they wanted full control. They’re not firing Douglas, giving him the rest of that money, and then going out to find another GM just to do it. 

Also, no way Chris Johnson wants to wade into this cesspool for candidates:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe. But if this is the case, he's not picking the coach either...and we're just doing another arranged marriage of a first time GM and coordinator promoted to HC. The Johnson's and Elhai will pick the coach if Douglas stays. The hope is with Lawrence, maybe...maybe the Johnson's get a clue and fork over a ton of money to put someone really in charge.

• Thumb Down 3

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's not gonna happen, lol. Douglas will be here. Darnold (at least as a starting QB here) and Gase won't be.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

stroke beard pondering GIF by Captain Obvious

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

It's not gonna happen, lol. Douglas will be here. Darnold (at least as a starting QB here) and Gase won't be.

If you think the GM is 100% going to be here after going 0-16 you're not really thinking it through. No one survives 0-16.

• Thumb Down 6

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

He almost definitely does have the best Jets draft since 06

Also, I will continue to argue that, on paper, the haul he got for an overrated safety is a legit GOAT trade contender. 

True, he got a massive haul for him.  And as for the 2020 draft, I’m not liking Davis, but i think hall will be good and Perine will be a fine rotational back.  It’s hard to see douglas going anywhere because he hasn’t failed on a bigtime qb yet.  If there’s one thing the jets do seem to have, it’s a gm who knows what he’s doing.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe. But if this is the case, he's not picking the coach either...and we're just doing another arranged marriage of a first time GM and coordinator promoted to HC. The Johnson's and Elhai will pick the coach if Douglas stays. The hope is with Lawrence, maybe...maybe the Johnson's get a clue and fork over a ton of money to put someone really in charge.

I think the coaching candidates depend heavily on whether the jets get Lawrence.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the coaching candidates depend heavily on whether the jets get Lawrence.  

Right, and a big time coaching candidate is going to dictate who picks the players. The Jets are at a crossroads here. Staring at 0-16, you need to change up the power structure internally. This franchise has been horrific for a decade now. Arranged marriages between first time GM's and coaches with no one really in charge has to finally change if they want Lawrence to work. Douglas seems like a fine football guy, but he's not a point person for an organization and the Jets knew that. Everything about the organization right now is broken, the GM included. It doesnt get this bad unless every level of the org isnt doing their part.

• Thumb Down 2

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think this is an unlikely scenario considering how bechton and mims are playing.  Douglas may have the best draft class since mangold and brick.

He certainly might. And, let’s hope so.

Need to let these final five weeks play out but so far the guys towards the top of the draft have all looked to be very good NFL players. A successful draft results in starters. The Jets should end up with at least 5 out of this class. Becton, Mims, Davis, Mann, Hall. Guys like Perine and Zuniga have a chance as well but we will see.

• Sympathy 1