1-1-2021: The Official NCAA College Football Game Thread (New Years Day Playoffs special)

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Me too. 

I never wanted Zach Wilson. 

I wanted to see JF look great after losing out on Lawrence and look at him now; Fields looks awesome. 

I'm getting sold right now too @Maxman

Already can't wait to see him against ALABAMAAAA

Hopefully no major damage to his mid section.  Checking all the boxes tonight.  Love his demeanor.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

# 1 reason why the Jets have to move on. With his INTs you live with it if he is a gunslinger. Not for a game manager though and that is what he has been on the good days so far.

You're right man. 

Fk Sewell. 

Fields is selling me hard right now. 

If he lights up Alabama?

I'm 100% sold. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Incredibly accurate. 4 touchdowns. Toughness of the charts.
This kid is answering the critics. He legit won me over tonight. I thought Wilson would be the 2nd QB taken. Now I am wondering if Lawrence is the 2nd QB taken. 

1000X yes. Actions speak in sports. Tonight Fields is taking action to ensure that he and TL are 1&2 (in some order).

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

We may get our boy Trevor after all....

At the very least what we’re witnessing tonite might open up an interesting scenario. What is the Jets and Jax thinking right now? Could the Jets trade up to the 1 spot which was not possible earlier today? With Fields playing at such a high level along with Lawrence’s ineffectiveness, You would think that Jax has to be concerned. It’s a sure bet we would be if the Jets had the 1st pick. This could make for an interesting draft night.

• Upvote 1

Just now, long time suffering Jets f said:

At the very least what we’re witnessing tonite might open up an interesting scenario. What is the Jets and Jax thinking right now? Could the Jets trade up to the 1 spot which was not possible earlier today? With Fields playing at such a high level along with Lawrence’s ineffectiveness, You would think that Jax has to be concerned. It’s a sure bet we would be if the Jets had the 1st pick. This could make for an interesting draft night.

Tonight is giving me the exact opposite thought. You stay put at 2 and don't trade up or down. You are walking away with a QB either way.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

# 1 reason why the Jets have to move on. With his INTs you live with it if he is a gunslinger. Not for a game manager though and that is what he has been on the good days so far.

That’s what he was told to be at all costs not what he truly is 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We may get STUCK with Trevor, you mean!

They might get a motivated Trevor with a chip on his shoulder. And they might have some young Jets that ended the season with a 3 day winning streak.  :)

But we can revisit the tanking conversation in February haha!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Not saying the Jets should trade it, but this half just upped the ante for #2 overall by a King's ransom.

True. But hot damn if Joe Douglas bets on Sam after what Fields look like he can be, ah.....not sure how he can do that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

There's a Jet's rule about not drafting QB's that don't drink alcohol.  Instilled after Namath was drafted.  Sorry Zach.  You'll do well.  I am sure of it.

Isn't Trevor a devout Southern Baptist drone? They supposedly don't drink, either.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

True. But hot damn if Joe Douglas bets on Sam after what Fields look like he can be, ah.....not sure how he can do that.

Macc was eviscerated by fans and pundits alike for passing on Mahomes and Watson when we didn’t have a FQB. JD ain’t making that mistake.

• Upvote 4