2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

No more Juju since we signed Cole?  Cole scored a career-high five touchdowns to go with 642 yards, but he also had a career-high in catches while his yards per catch were the lowest of his career.  I thought we're looking for more YAC's.  

1 minute ago, pointman said:

The best. Legitimately made me want to be a defensive end and play college football. That, or backer and be Alvin Mack minus the leg turned the wrong way.

Literally my twitter handle. 

@joekanefromESU

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Well if JuJu is a swap for Crowder, don’t think this would count us out

Now that would be wild. 

Keelan Cole is someone the Jets have had interest in for a while. They reached out last year about trading for him but Jags wouldn’t have it. He’s a fit for this offense, but I would have aimed higher. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, pointman said:

The best. Legitimately made me want to be a defensive end and play college football. That, or backer and be Alvin Mack minus the leg turned the wrong way.

The Alvin Mack thing stuck in my head for weeks every time I played, even in backyard games.

• Upvote 1

Just now, pointman said:

gtfo. Is that really your handle?? A. Ma. Zing. 

100% ... i've made a twitter career out of talking to NFL peeps under the guise of being Joe Kane... i have like half dozen NFL players that follow me haha 

• Haha 1

PFF...

99. WR KEELAN COLE

The Jaguars got great value out of Cole, a former undrafted free agent who has played both out wide and in the slot. Cole is a good route-runner who ranks in the 60th percentile at creating separation against single coverage. He’s also been strong at the catch point, winning 52% of his contested catches over the past two years. Cole profiles as a No. 3 or No. 4 option on a good team, but he can line up all across the formation.

Contract Analysis: Cole finally seemed to take a firm grasp of the WR3 job in Jacksonville and never looked back, consistently providing a solid baseline of play. Obviously, the wheels came off in Jacksonville with a new quarterback under center each week, but Cole was his usual reliable self. 

The start to his career is reminiscent of Dontrelle Inman, another former Jaguars undrafted free agent wide receiver. Cole received the second-round restricted-free-agent tender for 2020, illustrating that the Jaguars are fond of him and did not wish to see him go, so perhaps a reunion is in order.

Prediction: Two years, $11 million ($5.5M APY): $5 million total guaranteed, $4 million fully guaranteed at signing.

• Upvote 2

Jets are getting some offensive line help, agreeing to terms with former #Chargers G/C Dan Feeney, per @caplannfl. Has started every game for LA over the last three seasons.   Starting at center for the first time in his career last season. Feeney did fine, all things considered. His penalties (two) and sacks allowed (four) were the lowest since his promising rookie season, but his overall PFF grade of 48.2 was the worst mark of his four years in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

He’s coming in to be a the 4th receiver and a special teamer. But he will have a real role on offense

He’s better than Jeff or V Smith already so yeah

mims, Davis, Crowder, Cole.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, rayzor said:

Jets are getting some offensive line help, agreeing to terms with former #Chargers G/C Dan Feeney, per @caplannfl. Has started every game for LA over the last three seasons.

Versatile interior depth. Hope they don't view him as a potential starter.