Stafford traded to Rams

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

The Rams 2 firsts are essentially seconds. 

SAR 

Yeah. And based on the Osweiler deal and Goff's relatively worse contract, one of them is just for the dump. Stafford's part of the deal is roughly one (real) first round pick, which was probably Detroit's parameter for agreeing to the trade request.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

FWIW, it’s unlikely they keep him. My guess is that Goff gets traded to a team for like a 4th

I agree. Otherwise the trade is literally asinine for a rebuilding team.

that being said, the lions are so hapless I can see them celebrating that they “stole” Goff and they have their replacement FQB. He’s better than WENTZ, but sheesh I don’t like this at all for Detroit if they don’t get rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

FWIW, it’s unlikely they keep him. My guess is that Goff gets traded to a team for like a 4th

Really?  If that's the case does DET remain a legit trade down target
for the Jets?

Interesting.

My initial thought is I dont like the deal for Detroit unless they plan on trading Goff after eating some of money.

If you count the future first as high second round and high third round picks Detroit is getting somthing like the 17-18th pick in this years draft. NE’s first could have beat that.

if you count both first from the Rams as high seconds now its like the 12-13th overall pick. Thats right where the Niners pick. 

The your taking on that Goff contract which really should have given them extra draft capital. Osweiller s contract got a 2nd rounder. So thats why the above NE or SF would have been better. 

Three quick thoughts 

1- Good for the Jets if you want to trade Darnold OR Trade Down.

2- Detroit did not get the offers people said they would. Teams low balled them.

3- Rams won this deal big time. Huge QB upgrade and got rid of a terrible contract For picks a new GM or coach would have been making without this deal.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think Les Snead is reckless. He's dealing the Rams future draft capital away like he's a degenerate gambler about to put a 3rd mortgage on his home. The Rams are not a Matthew Stafford away from winning a Super Bowl. Not even close. 

They haven’t had firsts in a long time. And remain competitive. And the only position holding them back was QB with Goffs horrific play. 

• Upvote 4

If a 33 year old QB who has played his best football is worth all that, Sam is worth at least a first round pick. The guy is 10 years younger and was arguably  the worst handled QB in the league. On the other hand they have set the market for Watson. Someone is going to offer this much, it will just matter if that team is a place Watson will go to and if he doesn't if the Texans don't  tell him screw your no trade clause, we take this deal or you play out your contract. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Oh hello there Lions...interested in moving up you say?

Trade back with Lions...

Jets get: Pick 7 and 2022 1st

Lions get: Pick 2

Call Texans...

Jets get: Deshaun

Texans get: Pick 7, 2x 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

That's a way to pay 4 1sts for Deshaun, yet keep our 23rd this year.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The rams might have the dumbest front office in the league. Never seen a team just throw so many first round picks away. How many is that now theyve traded away?5?6? In a row.

Gonna be funny watching them fail with stat padford.

yet they succeed. over 500 last 4 years. 3 of them double digit wins. 3 of them playoffs. one of them was a SB loss. so yeah there giving away there #1s but they seam to know what there doing cause its not hurting them at all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Big story as it relates to the Jets and Deshaun is that *absolutely nobody—not Schefter, not Mort, not Rapoport—-nooooooobody had any idea this deal was going to happen until it went down, so take all this “there’s no WAY Deshaun will be a Jet!” stuff with a giant bag of table salt, because nobody knows sh*t.

This.

Now it’s time for Watson to double down and go all out Jamal on the Texans.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Big story as it relates to the Jets and Deshaun is that *absolutely nobody—not Schefter, not Mort, not Rapoport—-nooooooobody had any idea this deal was going to happen until it went down, so take all this “there’s no WAY Deshaun will be a Jet!” stuff with a giant bag of table salt, because nobody knows sh*t.

Game On Rams GIF by CBS

Rams players!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Trade back with Lions...

Jets get: Pick 7 and 2022 1st

Lions get: Pick 2

Call Texans...

Jets get: Deshaun

Texans get: Pick 7, 2x 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

That's a way to pay 4 1sts for Deshaun, yet keep our 23rd this year.

The only thing that trade would do is make it easier for the Dolphins to get him. Their picks would have more value by a good amount.

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

yet they succeed. over 500 last 4 years. 3 of them double digit wins. 3 of them playoffs. one of them was a SB loss. so yeah there giving away there #1s but they seam to know what there doing cause its not hurting them at all.

They're selling out the future to win a SB. If they dont win a SB, they arent succeeding.

Sooner or later it catches up to you. And if they dont win in the next 2 years, oof.