Bowles

JETSY14

Have you looked at that roster?

Seruously though, it’s all about Devin White. His D got killed when he was hurt. White makes it all work because he and Lavonte David can cover the middle - which is where Bowles D constantly got killed with us.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I wish he called the defense instead of Kacy Rodgers. 

It wasn't just the calls. The entire defensive scheme under Bowles was terrible. I'll never understand how Bowles looked at the entire defense and felt like it was up to his standards. If Bowles ran his Jets defense with Tampa there's no way, even with the talent on that roster, they would be in the SB let alone whipping the Chiefs of all teams.

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Bowles is a great DC. Many great coordinators sh*t the bed at HC. I have no doubt that Bowles would be better the second time around with a better staff, but that doesn’t mean he will succeed. Maybe he goes from a 6-10 head coach to a 8-8 or 9-7 head coach.

Do people really think the reason many coordinators “sh*t the bed at HC” is their ability and not because they generally get hired from a team with a ton of talent where they are having success to a team that just fired a HC and probably isn’t very good?

Tom Brady is about to win another SB and Belichick went 7-9.

Its the players.  Always has been.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s not a big mystery.  Some people are suited better for different jobs

Agree, much respect for his D coordinating, I remember our D improving when he called the D for us for a few games when Kacey took ill. As a head coach, not so much...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, LSJF said:

Agree, much respect for his D coordinating, I remember our D improving when he called the D for us for a few games when Kacey took ill. As a head coach, not so much...

He just doesn’t have the personality to be a head coach

To be fair his QBs wereGod awful.  Fitz, Petty, Geno, Hack

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He never coached like that when he was with us.

He'll be the hit name come next year no doubt.

Not true. Remember that time he took the d play calling from Kacy for a week? I think Kacy was sick or something... And the d was suddenly incredible for one day. 

Bowles is a tremendous defensive coordinator just didn't make things happen as a head coach.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Not true. Remember that time he took the d play calling from Kacy for a week? I think Kacy was sick or something... And the d was suddenly incredible for one day. 

Bowles is a tremendous defensive coordinator just didn't make things happen as a head coach.

He handled the defense make no mistake about it.  His scheme, his game plans which stunk he also let players get away with murder and never got players to play to a standard.