Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

His career isn't ruined. 

He'll be ridiculed for awhile, but we'll see him on the field again throwing TD passes. Players have come back from considerably worse allegations, IMO. 

And in at least one case, gone on to win a Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, isired said:
1 hour ago, Ghost said:
I do honestly. Women look at these athletes like missing treasure. They have the potential for a huge payout. 

Doesn't it also require that the already-wealthy lawyer is willing to coordinate their stories and suborn perjury, risking his career?

And likely a pretty substantial criminal sentence for something like this.

There are simply too many people involved for this to be a conspiracy.  Would be virtually impossible to keep this a secret.  No way.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

So just to be clear, your theory is that there is a massive NFL Ownership conspiracy to keep Watson down, because he is black and won't toe the 'white father', as you call it, corporate line, and they colluded with a ambulance chasing Lawyer who "had connections", i.e. lived in the same neighborhood as the Texans owner, to find and fabricate 12+ and rising alleged victims, all of whom are presumably lying as part of this conspiracy, and (we must also presume) will be compensated by the shadowy NFL Owners on the side if/when this case doesn't result in compensation for them in court?

And they're doing all of this without anyone leaking a word of it to anyone, as yet.

I don't understand why in the world someone like Watson, an NFL superstar QB, who must have willing women throwing themselves at him would need to have all these massages in his hotel rooms. The women are not making up the massage appointments - they happened. Now whether anything went beyond the line is a he said she said situation and we'll never know the truth.  But, all of these women who went to these private hotel room 'massages' must have been incredibly - beyond belief - naive to believe that he only wanted a straight up massage.

What a moron, he has the $$$ to be able to afford a high end call girl service.

And of course this is not an NFL Ownership plan to keep Watson down.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

You're talking about Watson being accused of being a serial sexual predator. If the accusations turn out to be credible, that's not going to just be swept under the rug like Kareem Hunt kicking a woman with his shin in a hotel hallway.  

So was Roethlisberger. This many years later, people occasionally still call him Rapesburger like it's a big joke. He's going to the HOF.

The difference I'm referring to isn't whether he should play for anyone. More that if he is still eligible to play, whether the line in the sand should be that the Jets are (morally) better than that. What's the difference if he's in the division? Are the Jets going to stand on ceremony and say, "We don't think Watson should even be in the league so we refuse to even take the field with this scumbag!" -- my guess is no. So the Jets would be de facto accepting him as their peer anyway, and he's going to be doing commercials before you know it. That is, if he isn't perma-banned from the NFL.

Of course at this point there is nothing to do because there isn't enough information beyond accusations alone. I don't disbelieve them, mind you, but it's also possible that he was half-bad and these have been embellished. Maybe, maybe not. That's why there's a whole due process thingy (at least in theory lol).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Usually the new black eye you didn't have yesterday is compelling evidence.

I don’t know about you, but if my wife hit me every time I tried to get frisky and she wasn’t into it, there’d be pretty severe lasting damage at this point.

Can't help but think Texan ownership is sitting back, feet up, sipping whiskey...
"Ha these upity players think they can control things?  Now this prick's life/career is ruined.  Bet this won't happen again."
I don't know, they're a bumbling organization. It probably went more like:

McNair: Yes! He's ruined! We did it! Jack go tell Watson he better play ball!

Easterby: Ermm... shouldn't we have gone to Watson before we went public with the lawyer? Nick, can we still get 4 firsts for him?

Caserio [sighs, head in hands]: That's not how The Patriot Way works...
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No offense, but this is the worst kind of victim blaming, sadly all too typical of male responses to sexual assault claims.

It's amongst the greatest hits of why so many women suffer sexual assault at some point in their lives, along with "Why do you think she wore that dress, she should have known better" and "Why did she agree to go listen to CD's with him, surely she must have known he meant anal sex, it's really her own fault".

Liberal nonsense. Twisting my post into 'victim blaming'. DW can also be twisted into a victim.

Don't know why I decided to enter into this 'discussion'. But my involvement in this thread is over.

9 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Liberal nonsense. Twisting my post into 'victim blaming'. DW can also be twisted into a victim.

Don't know why I decided to enter into this 'discussion'. But my involvement in this thread is over.

If you can't see, or even try to see, how what you wrote is problematic, that blaming the alleged victims for being "naïve" and that they should have known what Watson wanted....then yes, it's probably best you drop out now. 

Has nothing to do with politics or being "liberal".  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

What in the actual f*ck are you talking about?

Are you seriously suggesting that women who get into physiotherapy, who give out sports massages should just expect to be propositioned for handjobs?

This is disgusting man. I actually know people who do this for a living. Getting a client like Watson should have been a point of pride for them. An elite NFL player involving them in his recovery and preparation. And it seems Watson turned that into a nightmare.

There is absolutely no excuse for him if these allegations turn out to be true, and with 24 women and counting the conspiracy some are hoping for is looking less and less likely. 

He’s f*cked. And he should be. Monstrous behaviour.

• Upvote 4

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-says-allegations-are-false-accuses-accuser-of-blackmail/

Rusty Hardin, the attorney for Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, has released his most detailed statement rebutting claims that Watson has sexually harassed and assaulted some two dozen women who were employed to give him massages.

In the statement, Hardin says that allegations of sexual assault against Watson are false, and he says that one of the plaintiffs who has brought a case against Watson attempted to blackmail him.

Hardin issued the following statement to TMZ.com:

“I want to emphasize at the outset that we and Deshaun recognize that sexual assault and harassment are not only unlawful, but morally wrong. It takes courage for women to come forward to report being mistreated, particularly when they attach their names to a lawsuit. We do not take these allegations lightly. However, fairness to the accused is equally as important.

“Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 ‘Jane Doe’ lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun’s otherwise sterling reputation. In addition, the tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult. Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth‑seeking process can even begin.

“I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false. And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her ‘indefinite silence’ about what she stated was a consensual encounter. It is our belief this woman is the plaintiff in Cause No. 2021-15613. (Please see the attached declaration by Bryan Burney.) This calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well.

“We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man.

“Again, we are taking the allegations very seriously but we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel’s antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-says-allegations-are-false-accuses-accuser-of-blackmail/

Rusty Hardin, the attorney for Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, has released his most detailed statement rebutting claims that Watson has sexually harassed and assaulted some two dozen women who were employed to give him massages.

In the statement, Hardin says that allegations of sexual assault against Watson are false, and he says that one of the plaintiffs who has brought a case against Watson attempted to blackmail him.

Hardin issued the following statement to TMZ.com:

“I want to emphasize at the outset that we and Deshaun recognize that sexual assault and harassment are not only unlawful, but morally wrong. It takes courage for women to come forward to report being mistreated, particularly when they attach their names to a lawsuit. We do not take these allegations lightly. However, fairness to the accused is equally as important.

“Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 ‘Jane Doe’ lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun’s otherwise sterling reputation. In addition, the tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult. Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth‑seeking process can even begin.

“I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false. And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her ‘indefinite silence’ about what she stated was a consensual encounter. It is our belief this woman is the plaintiff in Cause No. 2021-15613. (Please see the attached declaration by Bryan Burney.) This calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well.

“We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man.

“Again, we are taking the allegations very seriously but we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel’s antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

This is gross, but Hardin is also gross. They’re going to turn the focus on one accuser who jumped on board for the payout and use her to smear every one of them. Granted, it appears Buzbee is packing as many accusers into the pool as he can, which leaves him open to this kind of attack, but it completely erases anyone who had a rock-solid, credible complaint. Buzbee Avenatti-ing himself. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is gross, but Hardin is also gross. They’re going to turn the focus on one accuser who jumped on board for the payout and use her to smear every one of them. Granted, it appears Buzbee is packing as many accusers into the pool as he can, which leaves him open to this kind of attack, but it completely erases anyone who had a rock-solid, credible complaint. Buzbee Avenatti-ing himself. 

Do we know any of the Jane Doe accusers have a rock-solid complaint?

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

This isn't a contract dispute.  Watson has shat all over the Texans owners and organization.  This is personal and there is more value in establishing control over their players than getting draft picks.  NFL owners don't get screwed for putting a bad team on the field. (See Woody Johnson as an example) They get treated the same as owners who put good teams on the field.  NFL owners who allow the face of their franchise to dictate that he won't play for them based on the perception that they are awful people having nothing to do with the contract is something I haven't really seen before.  I think allowing that narrative to be out there without challenging it is extremely dangerous for the Texans owners.  Adams blew his way out of town but we all know it was about a contract dispute and money.

FYI I don't find your position bizarre.  It's reasonable and probably true.  However, I don't think it's bizarre to think the Texans ownership is fuming over Watson's position or that it's bizarre for very rich and powerful people to extract retribution.   I think it's normal and obvious.  (See the entirety of human history as an example) 

As far as it's far more likely that he is a perv.  Again that's based on one side of the story.  We don't really know who these women are, their credibility and we certainly haven't heard from other men who they may have provided professional message services for.  All the relevant information that he might not be a perv hasn't been presented so of course right now the narrative points in that direction.   Of course if they are credible and he did it, he should be prosecuted and if they were damaged he should pay.  

There is nothing normal and obvious about this.  Everything surrounding Watson is insane right now.  You're probably right.  

The only thing i could see is maybe the Texans were aware of his perversions and that there were girls with stories and when watson became an ass and refused to honor his contract MAYBE they shared some information out of spite.

But thats a loooong way from creating something from nothing through a huge conspiracy.

But why mention race and control? If the Texans were involved and Watson had red hair and freckles and white as a sugarbowl I doubt they would have handled it any differently 

Just now, T0mShane said:

We don’t, but if there were any, they’re about to get lumped in with the Instagram golddigger who apparently left a paper trail. 

Agreed.  Not a smart choice of representation from any possible legit victims.

Again I'm not saying there are any credible victims.  No proof of that.  Only proof of a very non-credible accuser.

* Of course if proven DW sexually assaulted anyone, he should face the consequences.  That goes for anyone.

15 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The only thing i could see is maybe the Texans were aware of his perversions and that there were girls with stories and when watson became an ass and refused to honor his contract MAYBE they shared some information out of spite.

But thats a loooong way from creating something from nothing through a huge conspiracy.

But why mention race and control? If the Texans were involved and Watson had red hair and freckles and white as a sugarbowl I doubt they would have handled it any differently 

It was the late Texans owner who was quoted as saying in an NFL meeting on the kneeling protests.  "We can't have the inmates running the prison"  A quote that was not thought of kindly by NFL players at the time.

Don't know if race played a part or not.  Do know that Watson doesn't have red hair and freckles or is white as a sugar bowl.

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Buzbee made a choice to try this in the court of public opinion and to troll for victims.  If Buzbee wasn't just looking for a quick settlement he'll get his day in court and a jury, judge or moderator will decide who's credible and who isn't.  

I suspect if there is criminal charges the prosecutor will put a credible victim on the stand or there won't be criminal charges. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

So just to be clear, your theory is that there is a massive NFL Ownership conspiracy to keep Watson down, because he is black and won't toe the 'white father', as you call it, corporate line, and they colluded with a ambulance chasing Lawyer who "had connections", i.e. lived in the same neighborhood as the Texans owner, to find and fabricate 12+ and rising alleged victims, all of whom are presumably lying as part of this conspiracy, and (we must also presume) will be compensated by the shadowy NFL Owners on the side if/when this case doesn't result in compensation for them in court?

And they're doing all of this without anyone leaking a word of it to anyone, as yet.

Scary when you think about it, isn't?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Stormy involved..

Either way it’s made Watson untradable.

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

With the amount of woman coming forward it’s amazing  he had time to do anything else. He’s got more accusers than Antonio Cromartie  has kids. 

Shows how smart Watson is and will be a good game manager. Cromartie foolishly went right for the baby making orifice every time, regardless of consequences, while DeShaun wisely explored hand/anus options and avoided messy paternity situations. 

Trade for this intelligent beast!!!!!

6 hours ago, isired said:
7 hours ago, Ghost said:
I do honestly. Women look at these athletes like missing treasure. They have the potential for a huge payout. 

Doesn't it also require that the already-wealthy lawyer is willing to coordinate their stories and suborn perjury, risking his career?

So lawyers are ethical? 

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And likely a pretty substantial criminal sentence for something like this.

There are simply too many people involved for this to be a conspiracy.  Would be virtually impossible to keep this a secret.  No way.

It’s a domino effect bro. sh*t, I’m about to call this lawyer and tell him I was assaulted. ?