Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

If cuomo can be governor Watson can play in the NFL. I believe our society is collectivley sick and tired of the “guilty until proven innocent” cancel culture. 

Don't do politics here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Other then cheating on their wives?? I agree Ben's a dirtbag some Jet fans defend Watson because they want him as the QB..LOL

im not defending what Watson has alleged to do. im defending that we not be afraid to trade for him.

not now, but after this get settled and there probably wont be jail time due to lack of evidence, the NFL will hand down a heavy one year suspension. then Houston will call teams and put Watson up for trade.  and it will be at a great discount. 

this is how a team like NE lands Watson, cause they dont give a sh*t.

so why not us?

we could probably get Watson for the 2OA and next years seattle pick. that only 2 1st rd picks.

keep Sam another year and see if he can up his value, if he sucks our #1 next year should be quite high to add a really good player. and we should have more than enough draft picks to make this team better in 2 drafts. 

then in 2022 with Watson and 2 drafts we should have a good team to make a run for it. plus with the cap space this time JD needs to add a piece to put us over the top and not bargain basement shop. 

hes not going to be banned for life, he will play in a year. so why not for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And this outcome should surprise no one. May I present before the court, these lovely men who still found a comfy, welcome home in the NFL after their indiscretions were made public:

• Exhibit A: Michael Vick / Ron Mexico knowingly spreading herpes everywhere
  • Exhibit B: Michael Vick / dog fighting & killing
  • Exhibit ? Ben Roethlisberger / rape. twice. he likes rape.
  • Exhibit D Brett Favre / texting his dick pics to women
  • Exhibits E/F: Jameis Winston & Peyton Manning / maybe or probably rape in college
  • Exhibit G: Greg Olsen / his G-Reg rap bragging about giving Ugu to Undergrads (now you know what The U stands for)
  • Exhibit H: Kareem Hunt / kicked that woman in a hotel hallway, with video evidence
  • Exhibit I: Adrian Peterson / whipped his 4 year-old son's testicles with a tree branch
  • Exhibit J: Plaxico Burress / felony gun possession & discharging it (most comically, I might add)
  • Exhibit K: Quinnen Williams / felony gun possession in an international airport (a relative choir boy on this list)
  • Exhibit L: Michael Irvin / crackhead & rapist, still on TV somehow
  • Exhibit M: Ray Lewis / murderer (how'd it take me this long to remember this one?)
  • Exhibit N: DeSean Jackson / "Hitler was right" ignoramus & bigot
  • Exhibit O: Antonio Cromartie / knocking up however many women & couldn't name all his kids on camera
  • Exhibit P: Josh Brown / wife beater (pretty sure his team(s) knew well beforehand
  • Exhibit Q: Tom Brady / caught cheating
  • Exhibit R: Bill Belichick / caught cheating
  • Exhibit S: Donte Stallworth / intoxicated manslaughter
  • Exhibit T: Sheldon Richardson / stoned driving on a high speed (143mph) car chase fleeing cops with a 12 yr old in the back seat
  • Exhibits...whatever after that, I'm getting tired of re-lettering this one after thinking of more above: Brady, Rodgers, Cam, Rivers, Tiki (among others) / just insufferable 

I only don't want him if every other team agrees to not want him either, and he's guaranteed to get suspended for 5 years even if there are teams willing. 

Remember 20 years of bragging how, "Oh yeah, well at least we're not cheaters," to feel good about our dignified loserdom? Good times.

What a ****ing dirtbag all the same, though. The **** is wrong with him? This guy never heard of a call girl, he's got to get it / force it from someone who doesn't want to give it to him? The only thing he seems innocent of is not being quite as bad as a number of the guys on the list above. But he's worse than plenty of them. Allegedly.

incredible post. i forgot about most of these. thanks

• Upvote 1

And this outcome should surprise no one. May I present before the court, these lovely men who still found a comfy, welcome home in the NFL after their indiscretions were made public:

• Exhibits E/F: Jameis Winston & Peyton Manning / maybe or probably rape in college
  • Exhibit G: Greg Olsen / his G-Reg rap bragging about giving Ugu to Undergrads (now you know what The U stands for)
  • Exhibit H: Kareem Hunt / kicked that woman in a hotel hallway, with video evidence
  • Exhibit I: Adrian Peterson / whipped his 4 year-old son's testicles with a tree branch
  • Exhibit J: Plaxico Burress / felony gun possession & discharging it (most comically, I might add)
  • Exhibit K: Quinnen Williams / felony gun possession in an international airport (a relative choir boy on this list)
  • Exhibit M: Ray Lewis / murderer (how'd it take me this long to remember this one?)
  • Exhibit O: Antonio Cromartie / knocking up however many women & couldn't name all his kids on camera
  • Exhibit P: Josh Brown / wife beater (pretty sure his team(s) knew well beforehand
  • Exhibit T: Sheldon Richardson / stoned driving on a high speed (143mph) car chase fleeing cops with a 12 yr old in the back seat
  • Exhibits...whatever after that, I'm getting tired of re-lettering this one after thinking of more above: Brady, Rodgers, Cam, Rivers, Tiki (among others) / just insufferable 

I only don't want him if every other team agrees to not want him either, and he's guaranteed to get suspended for 5 years even if there are teams willing. 

Remember 20 years of bragging how, "Oh yeah, well at least we're not cheaters," to feel good about our dignified loserdom? Good times.

What a ****ing dirtbag all the same, though. The **** is wrong with him? This guy never heard of a call girl, he's got to get it / force it from someone who doesn't want to give it to him? The only thing he seems innocent of is not being quite as bad as a number of the guys on the list above. But he's worse than plenty of them. Allegedly.

Add to Michael Irvin he almost killed a teammate with a pair of scissors. Jerry covered it, like all professional teams do for star talent.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, doitny said:

im not defending what Watson has alleged to do. im defending that we not be afraid to trade for him.

not now, but after this get settled and there probably wont be jail time due to lack of evidence, the NFL will hand down a heavy one year suspension. then Houston will call teams and put Watson up for trade.  and it will be at a great discount. 

this is how a team like NE lands Watson, cause they dont give a sh*t.

so why not us?

we could probably get Watson for the 2OA and next years seattle pick. that only 2 1st rd picks.

keep Sam another year and see if he can up his value, if he sucks our #1 next year should be quite high to add a really good player. and we should have more than enough draft picks to make this team better in 2 drafts. 

then in 2022 with Watson and 2 drafts we should have a good team to make a run for it. plus with the cap space this time JD needs to add a piece to put us over the top and not bargain basement shop. 

hes not going to be banned for life, he will play in a year. so why not for us.

Zero chance you trade for a player until you know he is availabe, giving up our 1st this year and the seattle one next year that could easily be top 10 for a guy who is not playing and not okay would be as foolish as it gets.

Why is Aaron hernandez and Rae Carruth not on your list of , hey they were not nice but we should go out and get them to win list?  Or do you draw the line at out right murder?

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Last I heard was 12.

Yet not one piece of evidence yet.

At least one report of a masseuse speaking to her manager afterwards about getting less money than expected.  You'd think she explained to the manager right?  Then any employer would have to take a sexual assault seriously.  A formal complaint with paper trail?  A police report?

And that's just one of the 12.  

There has to be some "hard" (haha sorry) evidence somewhere.

It’s 13 lawsuits and Buzbee says he has spoken to 10 other women who’ve made similar claims. I am aware nothing has been proven yet and the process will play out but this is an atrocious look for anyone. 

People quite often don’t report abuse out of fear or embarrassment, especially for someone with the status of an NFL star. It’s an intimidating process. There’s no right or wrong way to go about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Honestly I'd expect NO evidence.  But that went out the window when the lawyer released his "evidence" attempting to give credibility to his accusations.

It's laughable...

Now that he has released "evidence" that sucks.  How about word from the managers of these masseuses?  There are reports the lawyer filed of managers being spoken to.  Any formal complaints?  Paper trails?  Police reports?

Don't employers have some responsibility here regarding sexual assault accusations?

I mean there has to be something.  Right?

It’s sad when people enjoy a sport so much that they completely turn their head to the very realization that a woman was most likely attacked. I agree with waiting things like this out but it’s looking real and it’s looking disgusting. There is evidence & evidence without the “ “ and it’s looking like Watson is a piece of garbage. a true monster. All some of you can say is “WELL I HOPE MIAMI DOESNT GET UM” or “WELL GOOD I HOPE THIS DRIVES THE PRICE DOWN” ... it’s quite ****ed actually.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I find it plausible given the timing that the Texans are involved in the sudden release of all this info. Clearly the release is not optimally timed from their standpoint because it minimizes Watson’s trade value. So why now? My best guess is that they threatened Watson with the release of info and he ignored the threat to the point they were compelled to pull that trigger. The best case from the Texans standpoint is that teams stay away and DW4, still with the Texans asks them to make all this go away. The worst for the Texans is that he is traded away for little value, but guess what...they can simply choose not to make such a trade.

I don’t have any facts to support this theory and I don’t even think it is the best course of action for the Texans. I will note that many here doubted their negotiating skills, so I do believe it’s plausible.

So yeah, I bet that what we’re hearing is the set of complaints, valid or not, collected against Watson over time being turned into ammunition in their ongoing battle.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I am not off the deep end yet. I’m all about believing the women, etc. But Buzbee said the “next step” was going to the police and instead his “next step” has been to raise the price tag on the civil settlement presented to Watson. While I personally find this disqualifying sh*t, I know that the Dolphins and Patriots will not find it disqualifying, and that the NFL will be slotting the team that gets Watson into every prime time slot in existence as soon as this year, and, in a few weeks, these charges will be mentioned tangentially in a way that makes it sound like Watson got a couple of speeding tickets on US1. If Jets fans want to turn up their nose over this, that’s fine and understandable, but they need to be realistic about how this ends up if the Jets choose to be the only team that chooses to be moralistic in this case. They’re going to go into the season with Watson as a Patriot, with Watson’s image plastered all over the telecast and advertising, and we’re going to be watching a panicked Zack Wilson or Sam Darnold throw a football at Jamison Crowder’s feet for sixteen games. 

I grew up in the 60s and 70s.  Flying women to your house for BJs against their will is more than a fetish.  It’s creepy as sh*t and criminal. 

This isn’t Broadway Joe banging movie stars and having a good time with consenting women.  

if it turns out it’s a scam it will shake out.  I’m not giving up draft capital until we know it’s a scam.  

I can’t watch NCIS since Mark Harmon played Ted Bundy.  Watson ain’t my QB until he’s clear.  I thought it was a scam.  It still could be.  The pattern seems to point to a creepy abusive guy.  There’s money and reputation at stake so I hope this turns out to be BS.  TBD...

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

No team is going to trade for Watson while these charges are unresolved. None.  Zippo. Nadda.  If you’re going to talk about fantasies in this thread, you’re better off talking about how you’re going to sail the Riviera on your yacht this weekend with Scarlett Johansson. 

How’d you know what I’m doing this weekend? 

I think Watson is ****ed. Obviously Watson knows what’s true and false but his word is irrelevant when 23 other women are claiming sexual abuse. 

He’s ****ed honestly. No way he plays ball in 2021. For the record, I think he’s innocent. 

For the record, I think he’s innocent.
You think all 14 woman in the suits already filed are lying? And the 10 or more additional that have contacted the lawyer (and are presumably being vetted)? All are lying?

I hope you're right, for everyone's sake, but I just don't see a dozen+ women accusing the guy of basically the same thing and they're all lying. Time will tell, I guess.
  • Upvote 4

I just read this last page

Even though there have been a lot of bad people to play in the NFL, the amount of people, nearly 2 dozen that claim he abused them is unprecedented. I really doubt all of them are just making this up. If Watson is found guilty,  Goodell is going to have to bring the full wrath of the NFL against him. He could possibly  be suspended for multiple seasons. 

With this hanging over the guy, I would only trade #23 for him straight up. He is worth that risk. If they want Sam thrown in, I guess I could live with that but you don't  trade the #2 for him. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I just read this last page

Even though there have been a lot of bad people to play in the NFL, the amount of people, nearly 2 dozen that claim he abused them is unprecedented. I really doubt all of them are just making this up. If Watson is found guilty,  Goodell is going to have to bring the full wrath of the NFL against him. He could possibly  be suspended for multiple seasons. 

With this hanging over the guy, I would only trade #23 for him straight up. He is worth that risk. If they want Sam thrown in, I guess I could live with that but you don't  trade the #2 for him. 

Forget it.  Woody Johnson won't touch Watson with a 20 foot poll now.  Any idea of Watson to Jets is over and done.  You have an ultra-conservative owner who regards media and image above all else. 

41 minutes ago, isired said:

You think all 14 woman in the suits already filed are lying? And the 10 or more additional that have contacted the lawyer (and are presumably being vetted)? All are lying?

I hope you're right, for everyone's sake, but I just don't see a dozen+ women accusing the guy of basically the same thing and they're all lying. Time will tell, I guess.

I don't think there is any question he engaged in questionable behaviors.  You simply do not get that many accusers telling similar stories otherwise, no matter what the conspiracy theorists might think.

With that said, it does not mean he did anything criminal, and it does not mean he even did anything actionable civilly.  You can ask for sex (as long as it's not for money).  You can flirt, hard and uncomfortably, even with people you have hired for a service.  There is alot of room for Watson to have been a D-bag predator, and STILL not have done anything actionable.  There is no right to not be uncomfortable, but there is a line (one of those know it when you see it) where it crosses from uncomfortable flirting/begging into sexual harassment or even assault.

Again, this is what these situations have two fundamental parts: 

1. Do not immediately discount or denounce the women alleged victims.  I.e. Believe Women, AND

2. Verify.  This is the court process of evidence, testimony and the case.  This weighs what will almost assuredly boil down to he says vs. 14 she says, and both the court, and the court of public opinion (i.e. us) will have to decide whom we believe and to what degree.  

i.e. believe, but verify.  No one today should be declaring "I think X is right, or I think the 14 Y's are right".  No one knows, least of all us.

But you should understand, with this many accusers, it's very rare that the accused gets off scot-free.  The weight of testimony alone of 14 alleged victims sets a pattern of behaviors, a consistency of actions, that strongly corroborates their accusations, even without a single drop of physical evidence (which, somewhat oddly, is what many of the "women are all lying, conspiracy!" JN posters seem to want, semen stained blue dresses aren't exactly a thing in most of these types of cases.)   

This will be a he said, she said.  The Court (and eventually, the NFL) will have to determine who tells the more convincing and consistent story.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Zero chance you trade for a player until you know he is availabe, giving up our 1st this year and the seattle one next year that could easily be top 10 for a guy who is not playing and not okay would be as foolish as it gets.

i did say AFTER it was settled. meaning after the police dont charge him and the NFL hands out there suspension. 

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Forget it.  Woody Johnson won't touch Watson with a 20 foot poll now.  Any idea of Watson to Jets is over and done.  You have an ultra-conservative owner who regards media and image above all else. 

and what does Woody love most? the spotlight.

you might be getting your Johnsons mixed up. 

i will try to say this carefully so i dont get banned. we all know who Woody was working for the last 4 years. there was nobody the media hated more.

i dont think he cares what the media thinks. if he can get a great QB like Watson he will.

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

It’s 13 lawsuits and Buzbee says he has spoken to 10 other women who’ve made similar claims. I am aware nothing has been proven yet and the process will play out but this is an atrocious look for anyone. 

People quite often don’t report abuse out of fear or embarrassment, especially for someone with the status of an NFL star. It’s an intimidating process. There’s no right or wrong way to go about it.

Agreed but don't discount the counter reality.  Watson bit the hand of the White Father.  The NFL and a good portion of the owners are all about player control.  Watson's value as an asset vs sending a statement to the players that they own them is a no brainer for the teams.  The NFL owners make money by controlling players and reaping the benefit of a huge slush fund that's not based on winning.

I'm sure they aren't happy about QB's like Wilson and Watson not toeing the corporate line.  

Kraft got off because he's powerful and connected to politicians.  Watson is going after a very powerful group of owners and challenging the status quo.  

It doesn't look good for Watson but so far we only have 1 side of the story.  I wouldn't trade for him right now but I wouldn't discount this is a smear campaign.

Control is a big deal for the NFL and their owners. 

This could be a case of abuse and it's really creepy if true.  It could also be a very powerful organization exerting control. 

If the glove doesn't fit you can't convict.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Why is Aaron hernandez and Rae Carruth not on your list of , hey they were not nice but we should go out and get them to win list?  Or do you draw the line at out right murder?

Because they weren't still in the league afterwards. No other reason. There's an even longer list if you want to include guys who never played again (or were already retired) after their...indiscretions.

• Sympathy 1

So just to be clear, your theory is that there is a massive NFL Ownership conspiracy to keep Watson down, because he is black and won't toe the 'white father', as you call it, corporate line, and they colluded with a ambulance chasing Lawyer who "had connections", i.e. lived in the same neighborhood as the Texans owner, to find and fabricate 12+ and rising alleged victims, all of whom are presumably lying as part of this conspiracy, and (we must also presume) will be compensated by the shadowy NFL Owners on the side if/when this case doesn't result in compensation for them in court?
And they're doing all of this without anyone leaking a word of it to anyone, as yet.
Well, when you put it like that...
  • Haha 3

I don't think there is any question he engaged in questionable behaviors.  You simply do not get that many accusers telling similar stories otherwise, no matter what the conspiracy theorists might think.
With that said, it does not mean he did anything criminal, and it does not mean he even did anything actionable civilly.  You can ask for sex (as long as it's not for money).  You can flirt, hard and uncomfortably, even with people you have hired for a service.  There is alot of room for Watson to have been a D-bag predator, and STILL not have done anything actionable.  There is no right to not be uncomfortable, but there is a line (one of those know it when you see it) where it crosses from uncomfortable flirting/begging into sexual harassment or even assault.
Again, this is what these situations have two fundamental parts: 
1. Do not immediately discount or denounce the women alleged victims.  I.e. Believe Women, AND
2. Verify.  This is the court process of evidence, testimony and the case.  This weighs what will almost assuredly boil down to he says vs. 14 she says, and both the court, and the court of public opinion (i.e. us) will have to decide whom we believe and to what degree.  
i.e. believe, but verify.  No one today should be declaring "I think X is right, or I think the 14 Y's are right".  No one knows, least of all us.
But you should understand, with this many accusers, it's very rare that the accused gets off scot-free.  The weight of testimony alone of 14 alleged victims sets a pattern of behaviors, a consistency of actions, that strongly corroborates their accusations, even without a single drop of physical evidence (which, somewhat oddly, is what many of the "women are all lying, conspiracy!" JN posters seem to want, semen stained blue dresses aren't exactly a thing in most of these types of cases.)   
This will be a he said, she said.  The Court (and eventually, the NFL) will have to determine who tells the more convincing and consistent story.
Yeah, if the woman who described him locking her head between his thighs and telling her to spit on it and kiss it is lying or not believable...

She's also the one who went to her manager about getting shorted the first time - if she discussed Watson's behavior with him, or if he or anyone talked to her after the second incident and noticed her visibly upset etc. it would still be hearsay but would take another step towards corroboration.

• Upvote 1