This is why Sam Darnold will be gone and teams have low interest in him!

Jet25

Darnold is not good bottom line!   He does not make anyone better.   If he was a 5 rd pick .  He would be cut! Only reason Jets fans like myself  woyld likw to give him another chance , is because he was #3 pick and great kid. He is just not accurate!! Move on 3 years and No team thonks hes a starter! So please stop with give him weapons and an o line.   He has shown nothing  , , backups were  throwing 300 yards , every game Darnold threw 175 yards and overthrew 3 wrs. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure how you did it, OP, as this forum converts pretty much anything that resembles a link, but you managed to post a link that would require people to copy/paste it. 

Not sure but maybe I'm just a noob

1 minute ago, undertow said:

You guys need to get off Twitter its rotting everyone's brains. 

Right, Twitter is the problem in this instance.  Damn them for showing video evidence of Sam Darnold sucking at football!  How dare this twitterer make claims and then back those claims up with game footage!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Right, Twitter is the problem in this instance.  Damn them for showing video evidence of Sam Darnold sucking at football!  How dare this twitterer make claims and then back those claims up with game footage!
Yet it also says the same about Flacco ... So is it both of them sucked, or the coaching / play design was more of a factor?

If it showed Sam failing but the other guy succeeding, that's on Sam. But both together? Not conclusive.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Yet it also says the same about Flacco ... So is it both of them sucked, or the coaching / play design was more of a factor?

If it showed Sam failing but the other guy succeeding, that's on Sam. But both together? Not conclusive.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

If they showed clips of Flacco throwing to Mims and Perriman, it would paint a pretty pleasant picture of Flacco.  He worked well with deep threats last season.  

Darnold, meanwhile, sucked at throwing to all 3.  

And the mere fact that Darnold and Flacco are even comparable is sad.  Flacco should be retired by now.  He even looked like he WANTED to be retired last season.  Yet he still outperformed Darnold.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its conformation bias...the first 5 clips shows the pocket collapsing in under 2 seconds so I stopped watching. 

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Its conformation bias...the first 5 clips shows the pocket collapsing in under 2 seconds so I stopped watching. 

You missed out on some great footage of Darnold sucking with a clean pocket.  Which makes sense, given he had easily the worst numbers in the league last season when NOT under pressure.  

Seeing ghosts, indeed.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You missed out on some great footage of Darnold sucking with a clean pocket.  Which makes sense, given he had easily the worst numbers in the league last season when NOT under pressure.  

Seeing ghosts, indeed.

I'm not against getting rid of Darnold...I just don't take random Twitter bloggers and YouTube kids game footage breakdowns seriously .

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

what a crock.

Crowder got plenty of action and he did crap with it. These cherry pick plays are nothing. Most of which by the way if darbold hit him he would have dropped, not catched, been defended etc. 

Man Crowder gets his manhood stroked around here a whole lot. Do you guys not remember what an actual good WR looks like in green in white? for the love of Jesus enough wiht this silly crowder is so good crap.

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

what a crock.

Crowder got plenty of action and he did crap with it. These cherry pick plays are nothing. Most of which by the way if darbold hit him he would have dropped, not catched, been defended etc. 

Man Crowder gets his manhood stroked around here a whole lot. Do you guys not remember what an actual good WR looks like in green in white? for the love of Jesus enough wiht this silly crowder is so good crap.

Crowder isn't an elite WR, but he's for sure one of the best slot receivers in the NFL. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

what a crock.

Can't keep making excuses for Sam. Happened all season even with our TEs and other WRs who were wide open for TDs and Sam not seeing them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet25 said:

Can't keep making excuses for Sam. Happened all season even with our TEs and other WRs who were wide open for TDs and Sam not seeing them.

I hear you, and I think that is why this is his last year, because there is enough of a reason to argue that the poor play was based on no talent and gameplan not giving him even the most basic help.