The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

53 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Raiders draft a lot of safeties

2 this draft and didn’t they just take one in the first round 2 years ago

Actually three safeties this draft - one they are playing him at Lb ( Devine Deablo 6’3 225  -Kam Chancellor clone.   

Trevon Moehrig will be starting Fs with Ss J Abrams ( will be star in Bradley system) Tyree Gillespie will be backup Fs, and K Joseph / Jeff Heath will be backup Ss .   Probably s Devine Deablo 6’3 225 and Corey Littleton 6’3 226 will be the lbs on obvious passing downs.

Raiders have added through free agency and the draft a lot of depth on defense.  Looks like they will be rotating a lot of guys in all game to keep everyone fresh.

• Upvote 1

1. jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Michael Carter, S, Duke - D Grade
    Did the Jets just become the first team to draft two players with the same name in the same draft? That fact is more interesting than this prospect. Michael Carter is not a very good athlete, and I didn't have him in any of my mock drafts. The Jets have made some dubious defensive back picks lately.
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

How is Trey Smith not worth the risk at this point to one of these teams (including us?)

Real surprising. The league must feel either than his condition is degenerative or that he's a constant risk to just suddenly collapse on the field at some time.  He's a monster physical talent who does need to work on technique, and he's not agile.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:
    Did the Jets just become the first team to draft two players with the same name in the same draft? That fact is more interesting than this prospect. Michael Carter is not a very good athlete, and I didn't have him in any of my mock drafts. The Jets have made some dubious defensive back picks lately.

it would be helpful to link the source.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Where is that from?  Not a good athlete?  Guy runs in the 4.3s.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Sometimes it is not solely about value.  A good GM maintains relationships with the other GMs.  Idzik kept trying to chisel the other GMs and they all hated him.  When he wanted to move back they offered dirt. 

I suspect we got a call and Joe looked at his board and decided to accommodate him.  A deposit in the favor bank.  I had to cut deals with the same parties repeatedly over time, I learned it was critical to establish relationships.  

Hardos can't re-read this post enough.

Sometimes it is not solely about value.  A good GM maintains relationships with the other GMs.  Idzik kept trying to chisel the other GMs and they all hated him.  When he wanted to move back they offered dirt. 
I suspect we got a call and Joe looked at his board and decided to accommodate him.  A deposit in the favor bank.  I had to cut deals with the same parties repeatedly over time, I learned it was critical to establish relationships.  

Seems like the most reasonable explanation I’ve heard. During a “trade down for additional picks” one can imagine a win-win when the trading down team has lots of equal holes and the trading up team has a very particular need. This trade is “my next two for your next two”. Harder to imagine a win-win unless you factor in relationships.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders have added through free agency and the draft a lot of depth on defense.  Looks like they will be rotating a lot of guys in all game to keep everyone fresh.

Well, they will be on the field a lot! :D 

• Haha 1