The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

3 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Why, sheerwood solid pick ,  he will play all over the field,  covering TE , blizing off edge,  , hes a hard hitter. Other S i know nothing about him 

He knows nothing about the players just like most of us don't. I guess he really thought they were going to only pick offense. How ironic his username is defense wins chips

Just now, Beerfish said:

These picks, after going all offense look like Saleh and the D guys pre draft telling douglas they want certain players to fill certain rolls and Douglas going for those type of guys.

I like the Sherwood pick much more than this one which seems iffy but we shall see.

It’s about time the gm drafted guys the coaches had a plan for.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

At this point in the draft you’re just  hoping some guys stick as special teams players.

Waste of energy to complain much about 5th rounders 

I complain every year. I could care less after they finally went offense with their top 4 picks. Let Salah pick whatever toys he wants on D now

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Look, he can be the most amazing safety in the world. But that was not one of our most pressing needs. How about a damn CB. 

From what I'm reading he projects to a slot CB in the pros

Just now, SayNoToDMC said:

I complain every year. I could care less after they finally went offense with their top 4 picks. Let Salah pick whatever toys he wants on D now

We are probably going defense next year with a couple of our First 4 picks 

Michael Carter II
Pick Grade: Below Average

Carter wasn’t listed on the PFF Big Board or The Athletic’s Consensus Big Board, signaling that he was a reach here at No. 154 overall. He does have four seasons of solid grading at Duke with experience both in the slot and out wide, though. Carter earned PFF grades of at least 72.0 on at least 400 defensive snaps in each of the past three seasons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

These picks, after going all offense look like Saleh and the D guys pre draft telling douglas they want certain players to fill certain rolls and Douglas going for those type of guys.

I like the Sherwood pick much more than this one which seems iffy but we shall see.

This.

Today is a lot about getting some of the role pieces for Saleh's defense, guys who don't fit a traditional starting role but will fill certain roles for this defense, and for specials.

• Upvote 1