Starting QB

Credit to Cimini for this but I would watch for Nick Foles coming in from CHI.

With Dalton and Fields at QB there's no need for Foles and he and Douglas

have history from PHI

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Wilson sitting even for 8 games would be a big help 

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

Credit to Cimini for this but I would watch for Nick Foles coming in from CHI.

With Dalton and Fields at QB there's no need for Foles and he and Douglas

have history from PHI

Co sign with the above. I really don’t want to throw Wilson to the wolves. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Jets really botched this, if this draft is as good as some say the Jets really should have had or need to go get a veteran who can actually play and win, there were plenty of guys available earlier in FA.  Would also give Wilson a much higher chance at success if he can sit and learn for a year while the team had some success.

• Thumb Down 3

Wilson is not sitting out the year get real, that's not the NFL anymore. Let him play, he's got help around him and he is familiar with the system that the Jets will be running. The Jets are not competing for anything next year, fans just have to be patient and realistic (I know, I'm asking for way too much). I'm not against somebody like a Foles starting the first few games, but if the coaching staff feels he's ready after camp and the preseason, let him start week 1

• Sympathy 2

Foles makes too much sense not to happen. Likely will appeal to both sides and the relationship to make it a smooth transaction is in place.

Even so, my money is on Zach being the Jets day 1 starter. If he's not it means some kind of yellow light went on in preseason. Remember, "All gas, no brake."

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I feel like the likelihood of ZW sitting a whole year is slim just because of way modern nfl works. But even if he sits for a game or two I think that is beneficial just to see how everything works. I also think it’s a benefit for Saleh and co to get a grip of being a HC with a veteran like a foles instead of having to worry about their young qb getting killed

It’s also beneficial for the entire offense if they are working with a veteran QB who in a perfect world is very familiar with the system to help the rest get caught up to speed much quicker.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Mahomes sat and learned a year behind a legit starting QB in Alex Smith. Big difference 

That’s my beef why wasn’t a legit starting QB signed there were a few available.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, Pac said:

Wilson shouldn't be the starter.  They should sit him a year like they did with Mahomes.

Like Bart just said on SNY - they should get Foles in here.

that was different. we dont have an Alex Smith who won like 52 games in 5 years in front of Wilson.

if he sits it will be for a game or 2 and then he starts. nobody sits rookie QBs unless the guy in front of him is really good.

• Upvote 1

Wilson starts. This whole draft was designed for them to grow together. No matter how bumpy a ride.  No way they throw in a veteran to start - that could throw a wrench into the system and effect his development and chemistry with the players. This is Wilson’s team.

• Upvote 3

Jets Fans: Mahomes would have never been as good here. We would have thrown him in too fast. He's good cause Reid/KC were smart and let him learn behind a vet for a year while building the team up.

Also Jets fans: Wilson should 100% start from day 1. He's the next Mahomes!!!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1