SCHEDULE RELEASE 2021 (leaked schedule in comments, merged)

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How in the world does a schedule release take 3 hours? 

Call me old fashioned, but just have the jets send me the fridge magnet with their schedule on it.

Edit: nvm, black stainless fridge is not magnetic. 

It doesn't.  In fact, the schedule starts to leak a few hours in advance of that show.  The 8PM show is a slow rollout and discussion of the games, the key matchups, etc. from just about every angle.  They look at all the MNF games, the key Week 1 matchups, the London games, they discuss who has the toughest schedule, most travel, when Bye weeks take place, etc.

I agree 100% that it's just a slow way to milk a football-starved audience, but like I said above, chunks of the schedule start showing up on Twitter several hours in advance.  We'll probably already know the Week 1 Jets matchup by Wednesday afternoon.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I’m excited. Of course it’s one step closer to the season but also excited because me and the (newly) fiancé agreed we wouldn’t buy each other something for our anniversary this year, but instead use the money to go to the Eagles and Jets game instead. She’s a Eagles fan and going to games isn’t always feasible for us in PA, so I’m really looking forward to finding out when this one is happening. 

can’t wait. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

7 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

Just can’t help but feel

Jets Vs. Jags or Jets @ Panthers will be week one.

Cant help but feel they’d love to show #1 Vs. #2. Or former #3 traded so they can get a new FQB.

I think they want to serve us up to New England as a 'Wow the Pats are back' game, but they still suck so we'll see.

• Upvote 1

On a side note:

I’d be cool if they took out the super bowl halftime show all together & just kept SB commercials as entertainment. I understand it’s a huge event for Americans who love sports (most of us lol), but it’s just too much most of the time. Let the fans attending use that 12-15 mins to go grab a burger and another drink. 

We don’t even need a major performing artist to do half time shows. Just my two cents while we’re on the topic of how disgusting and obvious the importance of squeezing every last drop of money out of the hype machine is.

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Everything is about whoring for television.

It's the same reason the greatest Football Nerd Holiday, the All-Day-Saturday-NFL-Draft is now a horrible, three day, two primetime, entertainment event full of coached crowds, sets, guests, music acts and more.

I get it, the NFL is a business first, foremost, and always.  This sells, like the three-day-draft sells, like corporate-named stadiums that change names every three years sells, and (soon), like corporate logos on Uniforms sells (just wait).......so they sell it.  

But I'ma go full on "Old Man Shakes First at Cloud" and say the old days were better, when fringe events, like the Draft, or releasing the next schedule, were just great events intended for real die hard fans, not "multi-artform entertainment extravaganzas, featuring Puff Daddy, the Cast of "The Office", Carrot Top, and Billie Eyelash!"

I'm still young enough to be able to post the old man yells at clouds meme and get away with it, but I'm going to agree with you here. Between the (bad) event that the SB has become and whatever crap the draft has become over the last few years - it's just too much. Football isn't even a secondary thought anymore - it's tertiary behind money and (bad) showmanship.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's the same reason the greatest Football Nerd Holiday, the All-Day-Saturday-NFL-Draft is now a horrible, three day, two primetime, entertainment event full of coached crowds, sets, guests, music acts and more.

I get it, the NFL is a business first, foremost, and always.  This sells, like the three-day-draft sells, like corporate-named stadiums that change names every three years sells, and (soon), like corporate logos on Uniforms sells (just wait).......so they sell it.  

But I'ma go full on "Old Man Shakes Fist at Cloud" and say the old days were better, when fringe events, like the Draft, or releasing the next schedule, were just great events intended for real die hard fans, not "multi-artform entertainment extravaganzas, featuring Puff Daddy, the Cast of "The Office", Carrot Top, and Billie Eyelash!"

All true and all a way of making money

We cant fight it, its the way of the world

But I can help being nostalgic of the days when the draft was in the grand ballroom of the Sheridan Hotel and I would just walk in, sit down and watch a bit before leaving

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

But I'ma go full on "Old Man Shakes Fist at Cloud" and say the old days were better, when fringe events, like the Draft, or releasing the next schedule, were just great events intended for real die hard fans, not "multi-artform entertainment extravaganzas, featuring Puff Daddy, the Cast of "The Office", Carrot Top, and Billie Eyelash!"

Joining you to shake fist. Every major live sporting event I’ve been to in last many years feels so curated. The fan experience is micromanaged and inorganic. Like a saccharine rollercoaster designed to approximate the feeling of risk and danger.

• Upvote 1

How in the world does a schedule release take 3 hours? 
Call me old fashioned, but just have the jets send me the fridge magnet with their schedule on it.
Edit: nvm, black stainless fridge is not magnetic. 

my mom still has the ny post 2009 jets sched tacked up in her garage by my dad RIP. why he picked that spot no one on earth will ever know.
  • Sympathy 2

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

On a side note:

I’d be cool if they took out the super bowl halftime show all together & just kept SB commercials as entertainment. I understand it’s a huge event for Americans who love sports (most of us lol), but it’s just too much most of the time. Let the fans attending use that 12-15 mins to go grab a burger and another drink. 

We don’t even need a major performing artist to do half time shows. Just my two cents while we’re on the topic of how disgusting and obvious the importance of squeezing every last drop of money out of the hype machine is.

I want to know when I can go to a concert and have them play a mini football game during the intermission.  I never understood the point to or the connection between football halftime and a mini concert (except to attract non-football fans, but they are all watching already anyway).  I vote for the normal 13 minute halftime for all games.  Halftime is for bathroom breaks and more food and then back to the game.

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

The same mentality is what gave us that horrible MetLife Stadium - it was a pure money grab devoted to everything but fans who want to watch a game - , PSLs, club seats, food courts, lounges (with TVs), bars, a double deck of luxury boxes and 40,000 fans in an upper deck with none of those options that is too high to even make out the numbers on the jerseys.  

21 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

Just can’t help but feel

Jets Vs. Jags or Jets @ Panthers will be week one.

Cant help but feel they’d love to show #1 Vs. #2. Or former #3 traded so they can get a new FQB.

No. The league will make the jets travel to one of those teams after a sunday away game on the west coast. Just like they did for the first Darnold vs Mayfield game.

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes!!