Zach Wilson has officially signed

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Something to think about:

Federal witholding on his signing bonus will be roughly  $9.4M

Zach Wilson starts a non-profit tax exempt NGO for Butt Hurt Jet Fans. He’s the CEO with family members BOD.  Jets pay Signing Bonus directly to the new “business”

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Zach bends over Woody.  We got ourselves a leader.  

Uh, sorry, but they've paid the signing bonus within 15 days on multiple occasions, including Sam Darnold. Most likely they were holding out on the signing bonus payment as a negotiating tactic. They "gave in" on the signing bonus payment in order to keep the offset language. Smart move by JD.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

It was, and it wasn't.

What I mean is, the Jets only used the deferred payments as a bargaining chip. They wanted to keep the offsets, like 29 other teams, but knew they needed to have a bargaining chip they could give up.

If Wilson's agent had not played hardball, this likely is signed before camp. For a guy who had no problem representing Burrow when he signed his rookie deal with offsets, they sure were important to him in this negotiation.

Suspect Burrow told Ayrault the main thing was getting into camp on time.  Wilson wasn't as smart and thought his agent was really his friend. 

This shows Zach has way bigger cajones than Darnold regarding the offsets. IMO, if you cant take the heat, get out the kitchen. Zach believes in himself.  I like that. If you bomb, then you deserve to be cut. At this point, its more then about the money. He's got his signing bonus, the Jets got their sign off insurance. Now its show me time. 

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

This shows Zach has way bigger cajones than Darnold regarding the offsets. IMO, if you cant take the heat, get out the kitchen. Zach believes in himself.  I like that. If you bomb, then you deserve to be cut. At this point, its more then about the money. He's got his signing bonus, the Jets got their sign off insurance. Now its show me time. 

Not sure I understand the bolded part.   Darnold held out for 3 days, Wilson folded in 2.

Seems like they got the same thing.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Not sure I understand the bolded part.   Darnold held out for 3 days, Wilson folded in 2.

Seems like they got the same thing.  

They did, but some Jets fans still need to blame everything on Darnold. If we don't make the playoffs this year it will be Darnold's fault...

30 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

First round picks don’t sign their deals until those pics below them are signed. It’s not like Zack’s agent said three months ago let’s get this deal done right now… He’d be a terrible agent if you didn’t wait to see what the other agents could get from their teams.

Then why did Lawrence sign long ago?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

Wow you have never negotiated anything have you.  The agent has no leverage until training camp so no real negations will start till then.  If this offer was given a month ago the agent would have rejected it and come harder on the offset, Its done now so lets just enjoy zach at camp

Why did every other pick in the league get signed before missing a practice?

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Rappaport 

It’s done: The #Jets and first-round rookie Zach Wilson have agreed to terms, source said. He gets his signing bonus within 15 days, NYJ gets its offset.

The hand wringing and incessant whining can finally end now.

23 minutes ago, viffer said:

Uh, sorry, but they've paid the signing bonus within 15 days on multiple occasions, including Sam Darnold. Most likely they were holding out on the signing bonus payment as a negotiating tactic. They "gave in" on the signing bonus payment in order to keep the offset language. Smart move by JD.

This.

• Upvote 1

So, what are a certain 12 posters on this fan-site going to do now that he has signed, which was going to happen anyway?

I'm just curious what the next bus is they will have to invent to try and throw Joe Douglas under to prove their 'wokeness.' 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1