Surgery for Becton, out 4-8 wks

BroadwayRay

9 hours ago, phill1c said:

Hoping you miss it too.

Lol what are you? 10? 

Because I think he ends up missing the season, you want me to not watch? 

So if I think he ends up returning on time, am I allowed to watch then? Do I have your permission? 

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, JTJet said:

Lol what are you? 10? 

Because I think he ends up missing the season, you want me to not watch? 

So if I think he ends up returning on time, am I allowed to watch then? Do I have your permission? 

Yes, I want you not to watch. And no amount of bargaining is going to change my ruling. Your Nice and forgiving thoughts might, but they need to be sincere...

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2021 at 12:00 PM, RichardTodd27 said:

Yes. But there's a reason you don't draft massive 370 pound O-linemen in the 1st round. These guys never stay healthy.

I love J.D., but he should've known better.

And when they do get a lower body injury, it takes the big boys more time to heal

• Upvote 1

The “Becton’s weight causes injuries” stuff is bs.  Last season his injury during the season was a shoulder injury. (Aggravated by Gase playing him when he should have been OUT) Last I checked your shoulders don’t support your weight.  This current injury was caused by a 300 lb guy accidentally rolling onto his leg 
I agree .. but at the end if the day his availabilty rate is what it is .. this is a business.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 9/17/2021 at 12:15 AM, thshadow said:

Interesting that Adam Schefter said 4 - 8 weeks, while there are tons of people here on this very thread who know that the surgery means he's done for the year.  I guess I forgot that Schefter is known as someone who tweets things that are clearly wrong.

4-8 weeks from the date of the procedure, which he hasn’t had yet. He sought a second opinion, who gave the same opinion as the first doc and sat on getting the procedure until tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

or when they get an upper body injury too. Being big has its positives and negatives. He's also very young. That works in his favor. However, the notion that getting rolled up on is somehow the fault of his size, an idea that seems at least lurking in the injury talk is a false narrative. Anyone can get rolled up on.

As far as the current Jets go, this is about a team that is learning how to play together. They've had __however many games and practices. Had two games where they did it for real, against a team that has been doing what they do for decades. We'd have to play like a team that knows itself, a team with established routines and a few wins under its belt, before we can really expect to beat Belicheck. This game is a rite of passage.

And could we not start out EVERY SEASON whining about not winning in __ years? F*ck, you knew this sh*t when you decided to root for the Jets. You knew it in the preseason, the offseason, right after last season. You know that it will be __ years after THIS season, regardless of the outcomes of the first two games of this regime. That said, Sunday was a step back for our QB.

Seems to me the offensive game plan should have been something other than Corey Davis. And I guess it was. Berrios got some targets and catches. Personally, I saw two pics that I see as brain farts that, I hope and pray, are rookie mistakes, made by a rookie, and not to be repeated. The decision making seemed to be something akin to "hero ball" and I hope that gets beaten out of my little blond negro. LeFleur needs to take a HotWheels (tm) track to his butt after a couple of those. I was like, even before he threw it, "he's NOT throwing THAT is he?" He was. But I'm actually ok with it. Growing pains. Get it out of your system.

i still don't really understand our 4-3 defense. Sometimes it plays the run well and sometimes it's like they aren't even trying to play the run. And how is it possible that all four of the DL are getting double-teamed. I don't like a defense where there are 4 big guys up front, not particularly pressuring the QB and the opposition can easily run up the middle. But, I guess i should have patience there too.

4-8 weeks... 6 weeks is the midpoint... coincidence?

How long is the recovery after lap band surgery?

Recovery varies with each individual. However, in general, LAGB offers a shorter hospitalization and quicker recovery than gastric bypass procedures. In general, most people can return to work 1 week after surgery (if their job is not too physically demanding). Normal activity can usually resume after 6 weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Actually, it’s not uncommon to delay joint surgery following an acute injury for up to a week in order to allow the inflammation to subside. Also, there’s no reason to not get a second opinion when it’s your career on the line. 

The longer he takes to come back the better the team is so Im all for him taking his time. 

29 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Actually, it’s not uncommon to delay joint surgery following an acute injury for up to a week in order to allow the inflammation to subside. Also, there’s no reason to not get a second opinion when it’s your career on the line. 

It’s the internet.  Everyone has a MD

On 9/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, jgb said:

And when they do get a lower body injury, it takes the big boys more time to heal

Wow, So Anthony Munoz, NOT a good draft pick? Jonathan Ogden, NOT a great OT?

PLease. This is most inane thing next to "don't run the offense through Berrios". Are JEts fans really this stupid? Yes, we are.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:28 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure.  He carried his weight better.  Plus he's 2 inches taller than Becton and is a bit lighter.  Just pointing out that not all huge NFL players have to have their knees turn to jell-o before they hit their mid-20s.

And that picture is probably from his late 20s. 

Becton will be fine in a couple of years, after he's gone through a few NFL offseasons. He's a child now, basically.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 4:35 PM, phill1c said:

Wow, So Anthony Munoz, NOT a good draft pick? Jonathan Ogden, NOT a great OT?

PLease. This is most inane thing next to "don't run the offense through Berrios". Are JEts fans really this stupid? Yes, we are.

Huh? How did you get that from my comment? You know what, nevermind.

• 3 weeks later...