If Jets go 3-14 or worse does Joe Douglas get fired

If Jets go 3-14 or worse does Joe Douglas get fired?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. If Jets go 3-14 or worse do we throw Snow Joe away?

• Yes - He's led the worst stretch of Jets football
    • No - we need to be patient. Mac left him a mess.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 04:00 PM

17 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

3 wins who are we beating? 

I don't think we're as bad as last year. Carolina looks pretty good and we almost came back. Our defense and run game were both improved yesterday, plus the offensive line. At QB, yesterday was terrible but it is the Patriots and BB. That defense is probably better than Carolina and so many people were basically predicting this so I'm not sure why it is as big of a surprise as it is for some people. Let's see how the team looks this week. I think the team will get better as the year goes on and go on a run. I still think we are a 6 win team and might even beat the Pats next time. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.

Adam Gase is the culture-changer and Joe Douglas is the player-picker.

The two are NOT hand-in-hand.  Get rid of Douglas, bring in someone who is much better at picking players, give Gase what he needs to turn this thing around.

SAR I

... I knew I had seen this before ... ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

I just don’t see them firing JD to match a new GM to Saleh. It’s a dumb idea that they’ve tried and failed with too many times. 

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.

Robert Saleh is the culture-changer and Joe Douglas is the player-picker.

The two are NOT hand-in-hand.  Get rid of Douglas, bring in someone who is much better at picking players, give Saleh what he needs to turn this thing around.

SAR I

Ninja’d. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.

Robert Saleh is the culture-changer and Joe Douglas is the player-picker.

The two are NOT hand-in-hand.  Get rid of Douglas, bring in someone who is much better at picking players, give Saleh what he needs to turn this thing around.

SAR I

What exactly is Saleh's new culture? Sucking but being animated on the sideline about it?

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'd say no but as of the start of this year, I'm not really blaming Mac for the state of this team. His own QB, HC, a couple drafts. I think it is safe to say it is officially JD's team now. 

Bingo.

Don't forget, the few carryovers from Maccagan are here because Douglas said so.  Quinnen Williams, for example, could have been traded for some tasty draft picks but no, Joe insisted he stay.

This is 100% Joe Douglas' team.  In fact, it has been since 2020.  I can't think of a single Jet carryover that he was eager to get rid of that he didn't get rid of before the start of the 2020 season.

7-9*
2-14
4-13

What a resume.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, slats said:

Ninja’d. 

Joe Douglas built a staff, chopped the roster to pieces, gutted talent, collected draft capital, accumulated cap space, hired a culture-changing HC, allowed that HC to build a competent coaching staff. 

90% of what we needed from Joe Douglas the last 3 years is done.  All Joe Douglas is now is a player-picker.  That's it.  That's all we need from a GM.  Player-picking.  That's the 90% of the job now and Douglas sucks at it.

So, no, Saleh and Douglas are not tied at the hip.  We need a player-picker.  Saleh does too or his career is going to be Todd Bowles'd.  At the end of the 2021 season, we tally all the draft picks and all the FA's and we grade them.  And if it's a D (and it will be, or worse) Joe Must Go.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

51 minutes ago, maury77 said:

What exactly is Saleh's new culture? Sucking but being animated on the sideline about it?

I don't have a clue but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.  Nothing has leaked in the press about the team disliking him so that's a good sign.

That said.....

The Crowder situation (forced to take a paycut, now deciding he's not playing hurt) and the Mims situation (could be the best WR on the team but in some doghouse and held to a standard no other Jet seems to be held to) and this narrative that his only goal as a coach is not wins but merely 'improvement' just reeks of Gase Bowles Edwards 2.0.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Maybe the scouting department needs to be revamped.  JD depends on them, it is impossible for him to evaluate every single college player.

"Maybe the coaching department needs to be revamped.  Adam depends on them, it is impossible for him to coach up every single roster player."

Said no Jets fan, ever.

"Maybe the quarterback needs to be revamped.  Adam has been forced to use a third-stringer due to Sam's mononucleosis."

Said no Jets fan, ever.

It's unbelievable the excuses you all make for Joe Douglas.  He's been here longer than Idzik and has done twice as much damage.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Icer said:

JD won't be on the hot seat for like two more years, might start getting uncomfortable next year if they still keep sucking.

The fanbase called for Adam Gase's head after 4 games.

The fanbase started booing Zach Wilson after 1.5 games.

The fanbase will start booing Robert Saleh after 0-5.

The fanbase will howl the too-familiar "Joe Must Go" when the whole thing looks worse than last year.

You grossly underestimate how quickly this fanbase can turn on another one of these "saviors" neatly packaged for us who turns out to be a bust.  They don't f--- around.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Maybe the coaching department needs to be revamped.  Adam depends on them, it is impossible for him to coach up every single roster player."

Said no Jets fan, ever.

"Maybe the quarterback needs to be revamped.  Adam has been forced to use a third-stringer due to Sam's mononucleosis."

Said no Jets fan, ever.

It's unbelievable the excuses you all make for Joe Douglas.  He's been here longer than Idzik and has done twice as much damage.

SAR I

He has the ultimate responsibility,  but his decision making process relies heavily on his scouts. 

Nobody will be fired, he just hired a new coaching staff and has mostly first and second year players. This year is NOT about winning it’s about learning and more learning and figuring out who your guys are that will be the core. Next year will be about being competitive, year three challenge for division.

• Upvote 3

It's way too early to fire him.  We need continuity.

We keep making the same mistakes.  We hire a rookie GM who learns and make mistakes on the job because he's a rookie, and then, after he learns how to GM on our dime, we fire him for another rookie GM.  Jeeez.

Let's stick with one guy for a change - warts and all.

• Sympathy 1