I’m disappointed in Saleh

HawkeyeJet

22 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Everybody is underestimating the loss of Knapp on the offense and QB 

If your offense relies on one guy that much:

1. WTF wasn't he the OC?

2. Why don't you have ANYONE else on your entire offensive staff that could possibly fill some of that role?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Its 3 weeks so it's too early to call it I will wait to see how the season unfolds and how the team looks.

But today was alarming. The team looked disinterested and beaten down almost across the board. It was undisciplined, sloppy and unprepared. You cant praise any single aspect of the team.

And its not like we have been facing great teams. These are teams we should at worst be competitive with.

But 3 weeks in a row the other team looks like they just wanted the game to end by the third quarter because the jets posed such little threat. 

• Upvote 2

I know it falls on the coaches.. but this team lacks decent talent all around. The Jets have no high caliber players on any side of the ball let alone offense. Wilson misses a few throws and his receivers drop twice as many, Wilson is running for his life.. they just lack talent all around..

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Saying we’ve had great practices after losses is probably the worst thing you could say. And he keeps repeating it. 

It just…saddens me. Really thought he’d be good. 

He doesn’t believe in calling his players out in the media. He looked downright angry on the sidelines. 

• Upvote 1

My thoughts on him started to sour when another CB wasn’t brought in.  I get Bless wasn’t amazing but he had NFL experience and was a starter last year.  

My other problem with him is the LBs.  Taking safeties and converting them to LB isn’t the move and these guys are getting bullied out there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We were having great practices until the Pakcers and Eagles showed up and beat the piss out of us in scrimmages.

The warning signs were there. This is not an NFL team.

I tend to agree.

I've been a JD this past year because I like the way he handled this draft (meaning focused on offense early).  But he's been a pure horror show...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Also, I believe sticking with Lefluer for too long is gonna be the downfall for him. He picked him himself and he’s gonna give him time to “grow” and it’s gonna cripple this team. 

We'll see. I like Sean McDermott for the Bills. I think he's the mold for a 'defensive' head coach. He brought his buddy in as OC and made the playoffs in his 1st year... then fired the OC and went out to find someone more innovative because he wasn't happy with the offense.

He talked about how he was a new head coach and needed an experienced hand on offense that first year. Sat in on all the offensive meetings and told them how he'd attack them as a defense. Then he said he learned enough about offense to know he needed to make a change at OC. 

Saleh seems like he promoted and brought a bunch of guys who 'deserve' it. He's here next year so we'll see if he can course correct his staff picks. 

• Upvote 1