Updated 2022 NFL Draft Order

LockeJET

We all know where this season is headed and what we all will be looking forward to with tons of needs and tons of high picks. I’ll update it each week. 

*********UPDATED 11/1**********

1. Detroit (0-8)

2. Houston (1-7)

3. Philadelphia (via Miami - 1-7)

4. Jacksonville (1-6)

5. Washington (2-6)

6. New York Jets (2-5)

7. New York Giants (2-5)

8. Philadelphia (3-5)

9. Philadelphia (via Indianapolis - 3-5)

10. New York Jets (via Seattle - 3-5)

11. New York Giants (via Chicago - 3-5)

12. Atlanta (3-4)

13. Miami (via San Francisco - 3-4)

14. Minnesota (3-4)

15. Kansas City (3-4)

16. New England (4-4)

17. Denver (4-4)

18. Cleveland (4-4)

19. Carolina (4-4)

20. Los Angeles Chargers (4-3)

21. Pittsburgh (4-3)

22. Cincinnati (5-3)

23. New Orleans (5-2)

24. Tampa Bay (6-2)

25. Buffalo (5-2)

26. Las Vegas (5-2)

27. Dallas (6-1)

28. Green Bay (7-1)

29. Baltimore (5-2)

30. Detroit (via Los Angeles Rams - 7-1)

31. Tennessee (6-2)

32. Arizona (7-1)

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

6th and 10th?

I do think I might just get the best Center and best available non-Center O-lineman, to pair with Becton and AVT (and Moses perhaps).

Sure, more weapons would be nice, admittedly.  A legit #1 WR.  An actual weapon at TE.

But if Wilson is to succeed, he needs two things more than any other:

1. To be protected and have time to throw.

2. A running game that can actually produce.

However we get there, if we cannot provide 1 and 2, Wilson (and anyone after him at QB) may never amount to anything.

I'd probably go best corner, and then the center from Iowa.  Then in round two (where starting caliber OL can typically be found aplenty), go OL again with one of our two seconds.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I was so happy to have our next "qb of the future".  Told anyone who will listen that it will be nice actually rooting for wins and not watching our draft position on tankathon.  Still feel that way (though less so each week) but it is a nice consolation that we have other teams we can now root to tank for us.   Thinks are looking up ?

27 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'd probably go best corner, and then the center from Iowa.  Then in round two (where starting caliber OL can typically be found aplenty), go OL again with one of our two seconds.

That would be life changing. Stingley and Linderbaum.  Round 2 - Tackle or G and edge. Sign a FA OL - T or G depending on who we pick up in draft.  Resign Moses, he'd be cheaper than Fant.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

6th and 10th?

I do think I might just get the best Center and best available non-Center O-lineman, to pair with Becton and AVT (and Moses perhaps).

Sure, more weapons would be nice, admittedly.  A legit #1 WR.  An actual weapon at TE.

But if Wilson is to succeed, he needs two things more than any other:

1. To be protected and have time to throw.

2. A running game that can actually produce.

However we get there, if we cannot provide 1 and 2, Wilson (and anyone after him at QB) may never amount to anything.

I don’t think Douglas will address the OL as much as I’d like but I think this is the draft he spends more picks on it with that first FA class (McGovern, Van Roten, Fant) all only signed through 2022.

They really need to being in the Iowa center. I’d love it if he cleans up RG in FA but I think drafting a center and kicking McGovern to guard (where he’s probably better than center anyway) is more likely.

At least he tends to address needs the draft before so I’d think he’d try to draft replacements for those three expiring linemen if he doesn’t sign a FA. At least one should be early enough that Van Roten will no longer be starting and hopefully the other two are early enough that there’s a legitimate chance they beat out McGovern and Fant in camp.

Protecting Wilson is key and they also really need to be able to run the football to help him out. A team yards per carry in the mid 3’s isn’t helping a young quarterback. Down and distance is worse, playaction is less effective teams can do whatever they want defensively because the run game won’t hurt them.

Super curious to see what the plan is at RT. There were a couple games last year the run game with Becton was dominant. If they could theoretically be dominant off tackle on both sides that’d be cool. Maybe more pretend football than actually realistic but I wonder if they’d try to develop that massive Minnesota tackle to bookend with Becton. Although depending on how he finishes the year they may be adding a guy with LT flexibility to push Becton/as added security both short and long term there.

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Wow.   Philly with 3 of the top 9 picks?

Be very interesting to see if the Colts persist with Wentz if they're not winning games, knowing it's costing them a first.

It's hard to justify benching him as he's been one of their better players and is clearly the best option but the long term damage it could cause is ridiculous.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

FB8KEtKXsAArpOQ?format=jpg&name=large

I just realized, that in addition to the SEA & CAR picks we're getting looking better, it's hilarious that the Fins #2 overall pick doesn't belong to them.

The Fins could have stayed at 12, taken Rashawn Slater and used their first next year on Kayvon Thibadeaux. Instead they traded up for Waddle. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty wild to think that if things continue the way they have been the Jets and Philly could have 5 of the first 10 picks. 

Call me a homer as much as you want, but I think we come back a different team after the bye and win quite a few games. I don't see our own pick staying in the Top 10.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Please update the draft order weekly. 

I was going to do it every Tuesday after the Monday night game. But here it is before tonight. 

1. Detroit (0-6)

2. Jacksonville (1-5)

3. Philadelphia (via Miami: 1-5)

4. Houston (1-5)

5. New York Giants (1-5)

6. New York Jets (1-4)

7. New England (2-4)

8. Philadelphia (2-4)

9. Philadelphia (via Indianapolis: 2-4)

10. New York Jets (via Seattle: 2-4)

11. Washington (2-4)

12. Atlanta (2-3)

13. Miami (via San Francisco: 2-3)

14. Denver (3-3)

15. Carolina (3-3)

16. New York Giants (via Chicago: 3-3)

17. Cleveland (3-3)

18. Kansas City (3-3)

19. Minnesota (3-3)

20. Pittsburgh (3-3)

21. Tennessee (3-2)

22. New Orleans (3-2)

23. Las Vegas (4-2)

24. Dallas (5-1)

25. Los Angeles Chargers (4-2)

26. Cincinnati (4-2)

27. Tampa Bay (5-1)

28. Detroit (via Los Angeles Rams: 5-1) 

29. Buffalo (4-1)

30. Green Bay (5-1)

31. Baltimore (5-1)

32. Arizona (6-0)

55 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

At this rate if you’re a top 10 pick there’s a 50% chance you’ll either go to the Jets or Eagles.. ouch

Haven't really looked at the QB options but you have to wonder if Philly would pivot off Jalen Hurts this quickly like the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen.  And, it could be the Giants looking to move up for a QB and might have to negotiate with either the Eagles or Jets to get behind Detroit.

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Haven't really looked at the QB options but you have to wonder if Philly would pivot off Jalen Hurts this quickly like the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen.  And, it could be the Giants looking to move up for a QB and might have to negotiate with either the Eagles or Jets to get behind Detroit.

If you heard Dan Campbell, Lions are going QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

The Fins could have stayed at 12, taken Rashawn Slater and used their first next year on Kayvon Thibadeaux. Instead they traded up for Waddle. 

It's funny how teams trade up, thinking they are going to be good, and then suck, thereby losing a very high 1st round draft pick.

• Haha 1