LAFLEUR IS A TRAGEDY AND HE MUST BE FIRED

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

How many GD posts do we need wishing someone gets fired?  We get it - you all want rookie HCs and OCs fired 7 games into their career.

we don’t need a new post on the same topic every 30 minutes.

Well our rookie QB is now hurt because of terrible play calling. He was hired to do a job being a rookie at it doesn’t excuse him, I mean wasn’t he hired because he was qualified?????? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

How many GD posts do we need wishing someone gets fired?  We get it - you all want rookie HCs and OCs fired 7 games into their career.

If the Jets had been somewhat competitive the last few years you probably wouldn't see as many of these posts. Fans are just frustrated and it's a way to vent.

It really can't be understated how inept this franchise has been. I'm watching the Bears get blown out and that whole city wants Matt Nagy gone. He's 3-3 this year and 31-24 overall and has been to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years. I wish we were complaining about him while having that track record, regardless of whether or not he is a good coach. We are stuck with a team that 5 or 6 games into the season, every year, we all know our season is over. We are truly the black hole of the NFL along with the Lions. 

• Upvote 3

I don't understand why some OC have scripted plays. Why not see what the defense has planned after some of your play calls and make adjustments what the defense is doing? 

Scripted plays without even adjusting to what the defense's game plan, this offense will never go anywhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Well our rookie QB is now hurt because of terrible play calling. He was hired to do a job being a rookie at it doesn’t excuse him, I mean wasn’t he hired because he was qualified?????? 

Terrible play calling or the fact that the QB sucks right now.

• Upvote 1

On SNY after the game the panel esp Bart Scott claimed the problem with the Jets O was a lot on Zach who they said tried to make plays by throwing on the run instead of passing from the pocket and taking what the defense was giving him. They even said the O worked better with White who knew how to run it and who is a pocket passer. Bart even made a crack about Mac Jones saying he is nothing more or less than another Mike White. Look when White went into the game they had a lead and were playing softer coverage so it was easier to complete passes. But also true that White has been on the team and in the NFL longer than Zach and might understand the offense better. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

On SNY after the game the panel esp Bart Scott claimed the problem with the Jets O was a lot on Zach who they said tried to make plays by throwing on the run instead of passing from the pocket and taking what the defense was giving him. They even said the O worked better with White who knew how to run it and who is a pocket passer. Bart even made a crack about Mac Jones saying he is nothing more or less than another Mike White. Look when White went into the game they had a lead and were playing softer coverage so it was easier to complete passes. But also true that White has been on the team and in the NFL longer than Zach and might understand the offense better. 

Yes Zach called two runs for 3 yards and then allowed a feee rusher on third down 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Zero adjustments

Terrible feel for the game 

Incapable or adapting systems to players strengths 

Does not game plan defenses 

Get this fraud away from our team PLEASE

Did LaFleur coach the defense today?
If he didn’t, let’s get rid of that guy too. Then we can get rid of the special teams guy and the HC next.

5 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Two weeks to prepare and fix the offense, kick start us to a fast start and what do we see? Two runs up the gut for 3 yards 

This was very strange to me...

I mean, all we kept hearing about is getting ZW started off well..build momentum etc...

Figured he would draw up a play or two that are easy hits to just get ZW and the chains moving...Then two runs, up the middles..

Keeping in mind, those were scripted. 

That's gotta be on Saleh more than ML at this point.

20 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Zero adjustments

Then why not fire the defensive coordinator and head coach?

What have you seen from that makes you think they aren't equally to blame. 

16 minutes ago, heymangold said:

1 super bowl in 62 years speaks volumes

as long suffering loyal fans, we deserve better.

perhaps a competent owner and gm

1 minute ago, Pichula said:

Yes Zach called two runs for 3 yards and then allowed a feee rusher on third down 

Bart Scott...

Has always been tied to Wilson failing.  He might even be one of the posters on this board.  For whatever reason a whole bunch of people (B. Scott being one of them) disliked ZW early and dug their heels in so deeply that they're going to use any and every opportunity to attack him.

It's pretty sad really.

15 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Two weeks to prepare and fix the offense, kick start us to a fast start and what do we see? Two runs up the gut for 3 yards 

The Jets were down 14 points before they ran their fourth play today. With a shaky rookie QB, bad OL, and lousy WRs and RBs.
 LaFleur is a huge question mark, but I’m blaming the GM for this mess.

The feedback loop between Lefleur and Zach is a disaster.  They both are to blame and they both have to fix it or they both will fail.  

Coming out flat as a pancake off a bye and getting steamrolled by NE running through the middle of our D was pretty hard to watch.  I really wasn't expecting that.  There was nothing brilliant about what NE did today.  They simply out physicalled us at the point of attack on both sides of the ball.   It almost seems like Saleh and his staff lost the team today.   The Jets lost this game before the opening kickoff.

And NE isn't that good and BB sucks without Brady so there's that to contemplate.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Let's pray LaFleur is a 1 and done OC.  Saleh needs someone with experience to balance everyone else out.

Let's also hope Joe Douglas learns from his mistakes and replaces both McGovern and Van Rotten.

Maybe then the offense will improve.

Thanksgiving dinner gonna be awkward though. It does speak volumes that he wasn’t the OC for the packers though. 

46 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Zero adjustments

how'd you like the adjustments he made at the half at the Tennessee  game ?

halftime adjustments at  Carolina ?

Eljah Moore"s TD didnt adapt to hs strength today?

A whoping 7 games?

Lmao

2 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

how'd you like the adjustments he made at the half at the Tennessee  game ?

halftime adjustments at  Carolina ?

Eljah Moore"s TD didnt adapt to hs strength today?

A whoping 7 games?

Lmao

The adjustments in both is those games were to let Zach Wilson go off script and create something because the offense is fundamentally broken 

White looked better in part because after Zach went out he spread the offense out in 11 10 and 5 wide. With Zach he stubbornly stuck with his system of 12 and stacked tight receivers. What LaFleur did today was one of the most inept things I have ever seen. Zach had no chance. Usually "fire so and so" threads are ludicrous but I don't think so this time. He is inept.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

White looked better in part because after Zach went out he spread the offense out in 11 10 and 5 wide. With Zach he stubbornly stuck with his system of 12 and stacked tight receivers. What LaFleur did today was one of the most inept things I have ever seen. Zach had no chance. Usually "fire so and so" threads are ludicrous but I don't think so this time. He is inept.

White looked better at what, throwing picks? He threw one TD that Wilson set up at the 1 yard line. 

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Wut? Our rookie QB is hurt because the NFL and the referees have made it clear you can kill Jet players and get away with it. The bad play calling is window dressing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1