Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What’s the problem here? It’s a 6th round pick for gods sake. He should at least be able to hold the fort down. He did outperform Darnold last year 

the problem, I believe, is that this should have done before the season started, and maybe not Flacco but a better option that maybe was available before. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

This is stupid Jets could have resigned him before FA they need those draft picks waste it on a guy they will cut in a month just stupid. Mike white acymtually looked pretty good they got this far would have let Josh Johnson back up White and be done.

JD/Saleh are trying to show they made a mistake not having a Vet presence that can perhaps stay longer to provide guidance to Zack now and moving forward and help the team out of this doldrum to at least be competitive. Whether all that I said will work is anybody's guess, but I suppose you p!ss on a spark plug at this point if you think it would work.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD really being exposed by this reach…

Sits there saying we don’t need a veteran, have to listen Saleh talk about all this confidence in white. As soon as  Zach goes down, and only for 2-4 weeks they panic and trade for a veteran QB

Saleh/JD the meat head special

I'm sorry Lil Kevy Kev, I'm sorry.  I'll see your $200, actually, no I wont because **** these turds but I support your cause. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

This is stupid Jets could have resigned him before FA they need those draft picks waste it on a guy they will cut in a month just stupid. Mike white acymtually looked pretty good they got this far would have let Josh Johnson back up White and be done.

no he didnt. he threw 2 picks and i might actually have a stronger arm

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

SOJF's have a problem with anything the Jets do, so it's no surprise that SOJF's have a problem with this.

Any fan should have a problem with this. Any fan could tell you that starting a rookie, particularly with the play style of Wilson with a suspect O-line needed a veteran backup.

We had Darnold on a rookie deal but that what "untenable" because reasons. Could have resigned Flacco wasting 0 picks. This was a failure and was obvious months before the season started. 

• Haha 1

How this went down

Sunday 8 pm

Rob “Hey Joe I need a ******* qb”

Joe “But Rob, you see asset wise…”

Rob “Joe shut the **** up we have 11 games to..”

Joe “Take it easy now…”

Rob “JOE, I’m not getting canned in a 1-16 season man!”

Joe “Jeez Rob but the rebuild…

Rob “STFU Joe I gotta answer the questions ever Sunday GET ME A QB”

Joe “ alright alright let me see what I can do”

• Haha 1

The ONLY justification I can come up with for this, is MAYBE this is an attempt to see if the problem is Lafleur's offensive playbook/system. 

Put a veteran QB in it, if it continues poorly, it's the system. If it immediately improves, it was Zach. 

That's the best I got. 

Speechless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

SOJF's have a problem with anything the Jets do, so it's no surprise that SOJF's have a problem with this.

I try to not be a SOJF, at only 26 years old I try and leave that to the real OG’s like my dad. This is stupid though, and like I said at this point it’s sad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

No one is winning anything with Minshew. One jag vet qb is the same as another. If Wilson doesn’t develop nothing else really matters. 

Completely disagree.  The guy put up 21 TDs/6 INTs with Jax in 2019.   If he's on the field this year?   We probably win most of our games.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

You know, nothing says brilliant team management like trading draft capital for an old washed-up backup you let wander off without effort just this past offseason, back when you thought he wasn't worth retention when you had even less at the position at that time.

While they're at it, maybe it's time they outbid themselves for the illustrious returns of Adams and Darnold too, right?  I'm sure JD is clever enough to con their new teams into making those kind of sucker deals for them.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2