Historically bad Jets team

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Top 5 Stats:-

5) Joint Worst lose coming off a bye week in the Super bowl era.

4) In 6 games played, Jets have lead for only 15 mins total, the next team is the winless Lions who have lead for 50 mins.

3) On the 15 first scripted plays the Jets averaged 3.5 yards per play. In the 20 years this stat has been recorded there has never been a team that’s ever averaged less then 4 yards per play.

2) The Jets have been outscored in the first Quarter 44-0. The only other team to do this is the 0-16 Lions.

1) Total Efficiency stat measured in a scale of 0-100. The Jets score is 19 the Winless Lions are scoring 22-100.

This really is the worst team I’ve ever seen.

I concur. This Jet's teams is quite possibly the worst coached Jets team that I've ever seen.

• Upvote 4

4) In 6 games played, Jets have lead for only 15 mins total, the next team is the winless Lions who have lead for 50 mins.

3) On the 15 first scripted plays the Jets averaged 3.5 yards per play. In the 20 years this stat has been recorded there has never been a team that’s ever averaged less then 4 yards per play.

2) The Jets have been outscored in the first Quarter 44-0. The only other team to do this is the 0-16 Lions.

1) Total Efficiency stat measured in a scale of 0-100. The Jets score is 19 the Winless Lions are scoring 22-100.

All gas no brake.... Saleh looked the part but in reality is in over his head.  Much less experience than needed, OC looks like my intern and the owner is Thurston Howell III. Oh..JD, has yet to put talent on the field.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Yet every off season everyone proclaims "it just feels different this time." Yeah, except for last time and next time.

So many story lines that never panned out 

Lawson the camp king never takes a snap

Moore was going to be Jerry Rice 

I could go on but don’t want to depress myself. I think I’m done with camp tweets tho 

• Sympathy 2

But I was told JD needs just 10 more years and we will become competitive again…can we wait a little bit? He’s only had this team for 3 years and we went from 1-7 to 0-8 and now 1-6. I’m seeing improvements to start the seasons!

Seriously though, I’ve been saying this, we have gotten progressively worse under JD each year. How is that a rebuild? This is Rich Kotite bad. It’s Pete Carrol bad minus the Russel Wilson luck. And there’s no superstar can’t miss QB coming out next year. So we will continue sucking. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

To be fair, we haven’t won the off season either. Not since Trader Mike left. 

I’m not talking about actually having a successful off season. I’m talking about “the hype” from both the fan base and the Jets front office every off season.

I take a “I’ll believe it when I see it approach”

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Falling Down Fall GIF

42 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What is amazing to me is how like 90% of this forum just basically shouted down anyone who was not sold on Wilson and  Saleh and when Wilson looked functional in preseason against guys who are now sitting on the bench and working at the USPS, boy did it get intense. Even the media was looking for excuses. I remember  reading how it was a positive that the Wilson looked good against backups because they were better than what he faced at BYU. Boy was that a doozy of an article. It's  like, oh look, here is the new formula for success in the NFL, first time HC, OC, DC, Rookie QB, RB, WR ALL starting, OL learning a new zone blocking scheme which they still suck at and a bunch of 6th round flyers at DB. This is how you produce a quality NFL team in the year 2021.  

The retrospective tone of this post is hysterical 

54 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Last years offense was much worse IMO. 

Yet through 6 games we are averaging less points per game than last years team.   Granted now that Zach is hurt and we traded for Flacco I suspect we will top last years team by the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yet through 6 games we are averaging less points per game than last years team.   Granted now that Zach is hurt and we traded for Flacco I suspect we will top last years team by the end of the season.

Still feels better to me… second halfs have been passable. Last year was more consistently putrid. Drops and lack of time of possession have hurt us a lot this year vs last. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

What is amazing to me is how like 90% of this forum just basically shouted down anyone who was not sold on Wilson and  Saleh and when Wilson looked functional in preseason against guys who are now sitting on the bench and working at the USPS, boy did it get intense. Even the media was looking for excuses. I remember  reading how it was a positive that the Wilson looked good against backups because they were better than what he faced at BYU. Boy was that a doozy of an article. It's  like, oh look, here is the new formula for success in the NFL, first time HC, OC, DC, Rookie QB, RB, WR ALL starting, OL learning a new zone blocking scheme which they still suck at and a bunch of 6th round flyers at DB. This is how you produce a quality NFL team in the year 2021.  

What's amazing is the Robbie and Darnold suck ups pointed to a few games before the league had tape on them to tell us how dumb Joe D was for dumping both of them.   Robbie has gone into hidding since signing a big contract and Darnold is currently in the fetal position in a paded cell in the subbasement of Bank of America Stadium. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

What's amazing is the Robbie and Darnold suck ups pointed to a few games before the league had tape on them to tell us how dumb Joe D was for dumping both of them.   Robbie has gone into hidding since signing a big contract and Darnold is currently in the fetal position in a paded cell in the subbasement of Bank of America Stadium. 

Robby Anderson career is a Darnold sandwich. No surprise his best year was the one in between.

• Upvote 3

To be fair the Kotite years were historically bad for the Jets. 4 wins in 2 years (3-13 and 1-15). We can be no worse than that last year. The Browns recent run before/during their rebuild was worse with 4 wins over 3 years with 3-13, 1-15, 0-16 seasons.

So, yes this completely sucks; No, it was not unexpected; Yes, the a$$ whipping by the Patriots particularly hurt; No, there likely won't be any staffing changes; Yes, it will likely get worse before it gets better.

It sucks to be a Jets fan, but at least we are not a zero win team :-) (sorry Lions fans)

• Upvote 2

I still don't  understand how an offense can be so inept on their first 3 scripted plays of games to get zero production AND at the same time have a defense that is so inept at stopping simple screen passes every single game. 

This season feels more like an intentional tank than last year. 

Meanwhile, Dan Campbell, who is no Don Shula, is keeping the Lions competitive every week despite having an atrocious QB, no WRs and no defensive talent. 

We can blame JD for some drafting issues, but I am far more concerned about Saleh being a fraud (which also is a hit against JD who picked him). 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think it was the contract extension.  He got the big payday over and out.  

Did DJ Moore get a confidential extension also?

If you're inclined to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for Robby Anderson and DJ Moore.

-Robby's YPG has cratered from 68.5 with Teddy to 29 with Darnold. Not only is he being targeted 1.5 times less per game (and this is with Curtis Samuel and his 97 targets now in WAS) but more troubling is what has happened to the value of those targets. In 2020, Robby's yards per target was a respectable 8.2 (#65 out of 153 qualifying pass catchers). This year? 4.2 (#144 out of 146). That is... ******* terrible for an outside WR. Only two poor RBs -- Mike Davis and Miles Gaskins -- are lower.

-DJ Moore's story is in many ways worse. Under "pop gun" Teddy, Moore was 10th in the league with an average yards per target of 10.1 -- borderline elite and he did this over a significant sample size after putting up 1,200 yards last year. This year... brace yourself... Moore's YPT is 8.0 which is.... #65. The exact same as Robby's rank under Teddy. Yeah, that Darnold is such a gunslinger. /sarcasm

tl;dr: Sam Darnold turned DJ Moore into Robby Anderson and turned Robby Anderson into the most inefficient WR in the NFL. QB makes the weapons, not the other way around.

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/161236-carolina-fan-your-sloppy-seconds/?do=findComment&comment=5133124

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1