That Zuniga Sack

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Something just hits different about the way he exploded off the edge and through the QB. We have some good pass rushers on the team but I don't think we've had a guy with this type of explosive pass rush ability in a long time. Need to see much more of it before going crazy about the dude but watching this legit gave me goose bumps. I hope he can see more pass rush situations and give us some more of this.

I don't  know if it was explosive or the LT just got beat on the bull rush but it was great to see

• Sympathy 1

When it first happened, I was like “who the heck is that” that got the sack. Then they said Zuniga and I was pumped! Most of Jets fans had him written off as a bust. Glad to see him out there and look forward to seeing where he goes from here. Maybe that Joe Douglas isn’t so awful after all ?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not even saying he's a good player yet, but the way he shot off the edge after getting around the tackle was something different than we've seen in a while.

Glad to see Z get into the action finally, and hopefully he adds to the carnage total.

Im still shocked the ball squirted underneath Shepherd without him grabbing it....

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

There seems to be a small doghouse for some players ( Mims, Zuninga). Not sure what traits or lack of acumen are exhibited that gets them placed in this doghouse. But that house seems to have a small door for escape.

Or, they are just not very good. 

As to Zuniga, it was injuries that put him far behind the curve.  Now, maybe he has an opening to be a contributor.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

There seems to be a small doghouse for some players ( Mims, Zuninga). Not sure what traits or lack of acumen are exhibited that gets them placed in this doghouse. But that house seems to have a small door for escape.

well Mims didnt knock my socks off Sunday. and that penalty at the LOS was bad. what was he doing?.. jiggling ?

he didnt make me say he should start over  the guys in front of him. maybe Saleh was right. he wasnt ready and still isnt.

55 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Another labeled a bust by many.   Hopefully this is a lesson in patience and how different players grow into NFL players at different rates

By many? By everyone. Including the Jets.

We cut him a few months ago. He’s only on the roster because the rest of the NFL also considered him a bust.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

When it first happened, I was like “who the heck is that” that got the sack. Then they said Zuniga and I was pumped! Most of Jets fans had him written off as a bust. Glad to see him out there and look forward to seeing where he goes from here. Maybe that Joe Douglas isn’t so awful after all ?

Please don’t talk about Daphne Zuniga’s bust.

Mods, help!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

i'll give you another one - perine.  another guy who actually hit the field last sunday.  seems like last year's draft class may be in the doghouse b/c saleh and his staff wasn't around to vet those picks.  also, bechton was in the doghouse all tc but in fairness he was not playing well.  so besides hall and the punter, the 2020 draft class has been hated by saleh and his staff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Both Zúñiga and Mims seem to have rightly been in the doghouse but you’re correct, there are opportunities through good play to get out of it. Zúñiga made the most of his opportunity on Sunday, Mims dropped a sure touchdown pass. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1