Where do you stand on ZW?

Where do you stand concerning Zach Wilson  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want to draft Zach Wilson @ #2 overall

2. 2. Do you think Zach Wilson is a franchise qb?

• Yes
    • No
    • It’s still early but I have faith he will become a very good qb
    • It’s still early but I’m very concerned with what I see
  3. 3. Should JD bring in a veteran next year to compete with ZW

4. 4. Would you move on from Zach Wilson

• No. it’s too early to tell and he needs more time
    • I’d Move on. I’ve seen enough

So you are asking your rookie QB, to be successful without his top FIVE  (5) weapons and their replacements had multiple drops and did not bail him out once with a catch that wasnt perfectly thrown? Not surprised they had such little success and definitly not even close to thinking of replacing Zach. Zach's  missed easy throws? Yeah, I can see some criticism. No one wants to mention how about he has significantly reduced his INTs since returning from injury and I believe today was his first game without one. The generational QB in Jacksonville seems to be regressing more but you know, this is the Jets so some of the fan base likes to be as ridiculously negative as the bait cliching media 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Zach is going to be here but all signs point to him being terrible

With all due respect, it’s too early to say he going to be terrible.

Baring an injury, he’s QB1 next year. The game seems still too fast for him but that’s typical of a rookie after just 9 games.

All we can do is hope that he progresses.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

So you are asking your rookie QB, to be successful without his top FIVE  (5) weapons and their replacements had multiple drops and did not bail him out once with a catch that wasnt perfectly thrown? Not surprised they had such little success and definitly not even close to thinking of replacing Zach. Zach's  missed easy throws? Yeah, I can see some criticism. No one wants to mention how about he has significantly reduced his INTs since returning from injury and I believe today was his first game without one. The generational QB in Jacksonville seems to be regressing more but you know, this is the Jets so some of the fan base likes to be as ridiculously negative as the bait cliching media 

Is it just me or do the Jets have the shortest group of WRs on average in the league?  Just when I think I want to use the first four picks on defense I realize how god-awful the players are on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Baring an injury, he’s QB1 next year. The game seems still too fast for him but that’s typical of a rookie after just 9 games.

All we can do is hope that he progresses.

Andy's letter to Red |''Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and  no good thing ever dies" - YouTube

• Upvote 1

I really don't care anymore.  Get him off the field.  We have 10 other guys on offense that need a functioning QB on their side.

Forget the WEAPONZ.  Fix this defense, play a veteran QB that can actually throw to an open receiver and establish a run game.  Moore and Carter can hopefully break out next year, we'll see what we have in Becton and really analyze our WR depth (deal with Mims.)  Zach is unable to even manage the game at this point.  He can park on the bench and watch for a year.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

There are a lot more indications that he will be bad than there are that he will be good.

I appreciate everyone desperately wants him to succeed but at some point you have to accept the reality of what you're seeing. What we're hoping for with Zach is almost unprecedented improvement for a modern NFL QB. That is not a good position to be in for a GM and coach who really can't afford another season like this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

When throwing a 5 yd pass equates to climbing Mount Everest, you got problems.

Even Beck has to be saying WTF?

Move on.

Yes because even though he has never had this issue in college and high school we should totally cut him.  There has never been minor adjustments  made in any sport for that matter that were corrected and never seen from again. A rookie QB without his top FIVE weapons showing a lack of success? Cut him immediatly 

23 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

No one is asking Wilson to be "successful".  All they are asking is for him to be "capable" and he cannot even do that at this point.  He has had his top FIVE (5) weaponz before and churned out a measly product.  And he has reduced his INTs because instead of throwing it right into triple coverage, he is now throwing it 10 yards above open receivers, where even the safety can't reach.  So I suppose he has improved there, but the overall outcome is still inexcusable for a #2 pick.

55 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Y’all are insufferable.

Trevor Lawrence with 4 picks today. Zach had none with his top 4 weapons out and Ty Johnson and Keelan Cole playing whack-a-mole with every pass thrown at them.

I don't think much of Trevor Lawrence either, so not a good comparison.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

There are a lot more indications that he will be bad than there are that he will be good.

I appreciate everyone desperately wants him to succeed but at some point you have to accept the reality of what you're seeing. What we're hoping for with Zach is almost unprecedented improvement for a modern NFL QB. That is not a good position to be in for a GM and coach who really can't afford another season like this one.

If Zach washes out the GM and HC should be fired.  

37 minutes ago, David Harris said:

After every loss these predictably inane threads get thrown out there.  Zach didn’t lose us this game.  Defense gave up another 30.  Offensive skill players all played like sh*t. Mims has more mental mistakes than receiving yards, Ty Johnson 3 drops in a row (almost a seasons worth), Cole not coming through, etc

Zach is in his 9th game or something, he’s supposed to somehow will this pile of backups to victory by himself?  The kid isn’t coming unglued which is what another good prospect Trevor Lawrence is doing in Florida right now.  Circumstances matter.  I’m fine with Zach today.

This 100% 

My biggest issue with the Zach critics is that they seem to have had their mind made up prior to the season, and now anything he does remotely badly is amplified times 100. 

The same people that want to jettison him after 9 games or whatever, are mostly the same people willing to excuse JD after 44 games, or not give Saleh his extremely sizable fair share of the blame. 

The fact people wont take into account the ridiculous team the kid is playing with is mind boggling. 

This game was lost by Ty Johnson/Denzel Mims/the entire defense, Zach is partially to blame but not nearly as much as the others. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

If Zach washes out the GM and HC should be fired.  

Douglas certainly. Saleh's putrid defence is what's killing him.

But they need to win games next year regardless. Another year like this unacceptable. If it means drafting another QB and hoping one of them shows something then so be it. They have absolutely nothing to hang on to if the team continues to be bad and Zach looks like he does. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

This 100% 

My biggest issue with the Zach critics is that they seem to have had their mind made up prior to the season, and now anything he does remotely badly is amplified times 100. 

The same people that want to jettison him after 9 games or whatever, are mostly the same people willing to excuse JD after 44 games, or not give Saleh his extremely sizable fair share of the blame. 

The fact people wont take into account the ridiculous team the kid is playing with is mind boggling. 

This game was lost by Ty Johnson/Denzel Mims/the entire defense, Zach is partially to blame but not nearly as much as the others. 

Twilight zone.

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Going to he difficult to evaluate the rest of the year with the cast of clowns left at wr and rb.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This is like groundhogs day...the same narratives that were being pushed before his injury are back...by the end of the season people will be calling for Lafluers firing again.

I haven’t commented on him yet this year….. Until today. I’m pretty convinced he’s a total bust. He’s definitely a mental midget, and physically soft as a marshmallow. Evidence proven by wide open space to run and slide like a bitch on one. Then cost his team a shot at a garbage TD on the last play with his soft indecisiveness. I for one was happy with the last two plays. They deserved to get sh*t on by Taysom Hill when all he wanted was a first down. Then real happy Zach being a bitch as explained above was stopped at the 1. As bad as they played they earned that final score and it wasn’t that close to a bad football team. This team remains light years from respectability- never mind being halfway decent. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

No one is asking Wilson to be "successful".  All they are asking is for him to be "capable" and he cannot even do that at this point.  He has had his top FIVE (5) weaponz before and churned out a measly product.  And he has reduced his INTs because instead of throwing it right into triple coverage, he is now throwing it 10 yards above open receivers, where even the safety can't reach.  So I suppose he has improved there, but the overall outcome is still inexcusable for a #2 pick.

He was successful last week, gutted out a win on the road against the Texans after coming off a major knee injury that sidelined him for multiple weeks. Before you criticize the win against the lowly Texans ask Jaguar fans if they'd trade most of Lawrence's performances for the progress of ANY gutzy road win. Zach struggled today with ZERO help from his recievers and rbs who had multiple drops right out the gate. Expecting your rookie QB to carry the team when they dont even come close to doing thier own jobs?. My god, our receivers were awful, dreadful, and did ZERO to help and compounded this with multiple drops and penlties to stop any momentum and drives yet somehow this game was close into the 3d quarter. 

Cut Zach!!!! Some of you guys are like hysterical school kids

• Upvote 2

He didn't have his top weapons but that's not an excuse for missing easy passes. He missed it least 4 or 5 easy throws. You combine him making those throws with the 4 or 5 easy drops our receivers/rbs had today and it's a much different stat line for Zach Wilson.

Zach has to get better though. Even he admits it in the post game. I'm always surprised when Bart Scott beats up on the kid. He pretty clearly owns up to the fact that his accuracy has been a problem and it needs to get better. Sometimes I watch that post game show and come away with the idea that they are hearing him say something else then what he is saying, but whatever.

Wilson has to improve on his short game. I tend to agree with Saleh that it's not something that will be a long term issue. But the more it continues to be a problem, the more concerning it gets.

I’m fine with people who want to defend him. But personally he seems to be way worse than the kid that showed up to camp. So, whatever, I’d like to think he may get better but I can’t seem to convince myself of it. At this point I honestly would give Mike White a shot to see if the Buffalo game was who he is or a product of the competition. Let him and Zach battle it out in camp next year.  Only thing I think I know for sure is Zach needs to prove himself, enough handing the kid the keys to the city. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Douglas certainly. Saleh's putrid defence is what's killing him.

But they need to win games next year regardless. Another year like this unacceptable. If it means drafting another QB and hoping one of them shows something then so be it. They have absolutely nothing to hang on to if the team continues to be bad and Zach looks like he does. 

You can’t waste the draft capital on a bust and have the Pats grab a quality starter 14 picks later and survive.   Saleh and Douglas both need to go if Zach can’t be salvaged.   The rebuild through the draft depends on successfully drafting.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Y’all are insufferable.

Trevor Lawrence with 4 picks today. Zach had none with his top 4 weapons out and Ty Johnson and Keelan Cole playing whack-a-mole with every pass thrown at them.

That's all fine and dandy.  What excuses are there for bounce passes in the NFL.  It is still the NFL, correct?  I mean it does happen in the NBA.

How about standing in the pocket with no one around a d throwing the ball 10 - 15 feet too high.  

How about not one single pass that hit a receiver where it should be?

Would it really make a difference if it was Moore or Davis?  How about Randy Moss or Jerry Rice?  

The excuses for this kid are insufferable.  He is gawd awful!