Meanwhile, the New York Post

jetstream23

5 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

It is so pathetic how there is two football teams in this town  and arguably (if not fact at this point) the worst run organizations in the NFL over the last five years 

It’s basically old school teams run by trust fund kids trying to compete teams owned by people who are self made.  Even the Steelers are fading 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

If the Jets and Giants had a contest on who the biggest loser was,  would the winner be in first place or second place? I’m confused over this thought. 

I suspect both would be given participation trophies.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Houston won 4 games with a top 5 QB, that's pretty dysfunctional too

Yep, that’s almost impossible to do 

those are the core 5 right there 

Lions, Jags, Texans, Jets, Giants 

At least the bengals are watchable. it’s nice to see one large cat team do well 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tfine said:

All of the New York teams stink because the owners are trash….they know they will never lose money because of the big market…so they’ve become the men behind the curtain collecting fat checks…say what you want about Steinbrenner but winning was everything to that man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If you notice almost all of the terrible owners are sons of billionaires...not the men who actually accomplished anything.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

It’s basically old school teams run by trust fund kids trying to compete teams owned by people who are self made.  Even the Steelers are fading 

Most teams are owned by those who inherited the team or inherited the wealth that financed purchasing the team. It's hardly just the Jets and a couple others. Also most self-made owners' teams are terrible, too.

There are only like a dozen of them, and include

1. Jones (his 2 successes were hiring the former teammate HC who pulled off the Herschel Walker trade, and building a gorgeous stadium)
  2. Ross (2 WC appearances - both blowout losses - in 14 years since he bought the team in 2008)
  3. Wilf (2 NFCN division winners and 4 WC appearances in 18 years. Also they again suck now)
  4. Snyder (has been an embarrassment to the league since purchasing the team right before Woody)
  5. Tepper (he's very self made, and the team has very sucked since he bought it & took over in '18)
  6. Blank (Atlanta has 2 winning seasons in the last 9, though one was a SB they should've won)
  7. Kroenke gets an asterisk as self-made: the building block of his fortune was developing shopping centers which were such can't lose successes because Walmart was the anchor tenant (or only tenant). How'd he swing that deal? He'd married one of Sam Walton's daughters 9 years earlier. So I wouldn't exactly call that self-made, but it's more than the Johnson boys did. Anyway his Rams ownership began with a string of 7 consecutive losing seasons until McVay was hired (by the same GM who oversaw the last 5 of those 7 seasons) and they drafted Aaron Donald. In other words, they're hardly successful because of "the most hated man in St. Louis" Kroenke's business background.
  8. Khan (Jaguars are as bad as bad can be)

I'm not one to champion the NFL ownership benefit of those inheriting old money - or inheriting the team outright - but extreme self-made success in one area of business doesn't typically translate to win-loss success in NFL teams they're running. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Most teams are owned by those who inherited the team or inherited the wealth that financed purchasing the team. It's hardly just the Jets and a couple others. Also most self-made owners' teams are terrible, too.

There are only like a dozen of them, and include

1. Jones (his 2 successes were hiring the former teammate HC who pulled off the Herschel Walker trade, and building a gorgeous stadium)
  2. Ross (2 WC appearances - both blowout losses - in 14 years since he bought the team in 2008)
  3. Wilf (2 NFCN division winners and 4 WC appearances in 18 years. Also they again suck now)
  4. Snyder (has been an embarrassment to the league since purchasing the team right before Woody)
  5. Tepper (he's very self made, and the team has very sucked since he bought it & took over in '18)
  6. Blank (Atlanta has 2 winning seasons in the last 9, though one was a SB they should've won)
  7. Kroenke gets an asterisk as self-made: the building block of his fortune was developing shopping centers which were such can't lose successes because Walmart was the anchor tenant (or only tenant). How'd he swing that deal? He'd married one of Sam Walton's daughters 9 years earlier. So I wouldn't exactly call that self-made, but it's more than the Johnson boys did. Anyway his Rams ownership began with a string of 7 consecutive losing seasons until McVay was hired (by the same GM who oversaw the last 5 of those 7 seasons) and they drafted Aaron Donald. In other words, they're hardly successful because of "the most hated man in St. Louis" Kroenke's business background.
  8. Khan (Jaguars are as bad as bad can be)

I'm not one to champion the NFL ownership benefit of those inheriting old money - or inheriting the team outright - but extreme self-made success in one area of business doesn't typically translate to win-loss success in NFL teams they're running. 

I guess you could say success is in the eye of the beholder for these owners.  

Sure, I imagine most NFL owners are competitive and want their favorite toy to beat the other guys’ toy.  But in the end they’re all printing money in this racket we call the NFL.  

So if the business end of things is all that matters to an owner, then everyone on this list above is successful.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I guess you could say success is in the eye of the beholder for these owners.  

Sure, I imagine most NFL owners are competitive and want their favorite toy to beat the other guys’ toy.  But in the end they’re all printing money in this racket we call the NFL.  

So if the business end of things is all that matters to an owner, then everyone on this list above is successful.

I take for granted we're talking about success in terms of winning football games here, not winning at accumulating wealth.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yep, that’s almost impossible to do 

those are the core 5 right there 

Lions, Jags, Texans, Jets, Giants 

At least the bengals are watchable. it’s nice to see one large cat team do well 

Excellent point about the Bengals. Last year their fans were screaming to fire their HC. Guess it takes a few seasons to even look competitive when the team rebuilds.

• Upvote 2