Jets wil*l upset** Bucs and pre*vent TB *from #1 seed *on* Sunday** official Gamedread**

Just got back from the stadium. I guess it feels good to be heartbroken again rather than just disinterested and empty. Jets played a solid game today and lost on someone’s sh*tty decision on 4th down. 

Too bummed out to fully rehash the game, but happy with how the young DBs look, Berrios needs to be resigned immediately, and Zach Wilson looked pretty damn solid today. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

We differ - I think going for in that situation was the wrong decision.

Which is fine - life would be dull if we agreed all the time. ;-)  

Just think, there's an alternate reality out there where we won the game and are now arguing about "meaningless wins". :D  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

Echoles ask Brady to sign his football 

You know a loser when you see one and echoles is a loser

That’s a bit too harsh.  I don’t agree with him asking him for an autograph on Camera but I do like to see civility and respect between players 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Yeah, winners not guys afraid to trust their team.

Again, going for it on 4th and 2 isn't "Trusting your team"?  Do you only reference "trust" with Defense and not Offense?  I'm not really even sure wtf you are arguing for anymore.  You have picked the craziest hill to die on dude, i'm out of this thread.

30 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Eh, personally, I'd rather see Zach Wilson grow some balls and show promise of being a franchise QB against Tom Brady rather than our backup QB have a fluke good game.

But, that's one. Now give me 6-7 more. I'll wait.

Bengals Easily a more exciting game and a win.  
Now Zach Wilson had a good game but if 220 yards and 1TD is getting you excited enough to call this the best game in 6 years then your expectations are set low.  
Definitely Zach’s best pro game but Darnold still had better games his rookie year than Wilson.   In particular I remember a game against the Packers where Darnold threw for 350 And 3TDs.  
Hindsight is always 20/20.  Just saying.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The game was ALREADY won. Jets were UP by 4 not down.

The game was NOWHERE near being won.

Has everybody forgot who Tom Brady is?  

LOVED the call to go for it.  Would love to know how it unfolded as a QB sneak, because that was atrocious.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Berrios was literally limping at that point in the game. 

Coaching staff needs to do better. Not sense in splitting hairs. In a short yardage situation, it shouldn't have been down to the two small guys on offense to pick up the 2-yards. I don't really care about whose fault it was that he did or didn't hand the ball off, it wasn't the right play call regardless.

Ty Johnson has shown good hands. Throw it to him in the flat, he's got enough speed, athleticism and power to get 2 yards vs whatever LB was covering him. That, or have your TE flare off the line of scrimmage. In this offense there's WAY too many options to get 2-yards in the redzone and none of them involve the 2 players and options talked about for this play call.

Ty Johnson?! The guy that had 3 drops against the Saints? On a 4 and 2?!

And to which TE are we throwing! McDermott?!
image.png.9ebb1833685ffcb9ac5d3e86f53f6c55.png

Sorry, I'm being overly dramatic...

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s a little weird because you have home field and you’re putting the game on the rookie quarterback that’s playing against the greatest comeback guy in any sport probably ever. I’m all for ballsy sh*t when you have nothing to lose but that win would have been awesome and it’s really sad to see Saleh not understand just exactly who he was trying that against. Like yeah let’s tug on Jordan’s cape. Ugh. 

I really liked the aggressiveness of going for it.  The Jets have had too many c**t coaches in their history who Always played scared and tried to protect THEMSELVES from Any criticism.  I wasn’t happy with the play call, but that’s really not for me to judge.  Wilson, who played an outstanding game, saw something and called his own number... “supposedly”...I won’t judge him either.

I was all ready to jump up in the air and yell “Dagger!!!” Haha, and be ecstatic with the guts to go for it, there was “Nothing to Lose” by going for it in this game....but it was not to be.

What I’m ecstatic about is seeing Zach Wilson go toe to toe with the GOAT and give him and his overall way superior team a real scare, and KNOWING that these young Jets will be COMPETITIVE in many many more games starting NOW, and at some point they’ll turn the corner having learned HOW to WIN.

To all the fans who had been crying “I just want to see competitive football, I don’t care if we win”, and that was the refrain from only less than 2 months ago, you just saw the ultimate in battling today....get happy, great days lie ahead.

When you have that Franchise QB it affords just so much more room to do bold things, whether it be in the Draft or free agency.

The Jets have a Franchise QB now.

• Upvote 2

Bart Scott whose never liked Zach attacking him for not going to Berrios saying he has a character flaw. He wants to be the hero over winning a game. Look I didn’t like the decision but what is Bart talking about. He’s a dumbass. 

I am not watching the post game show anymore…all they do is trash the poor kid….he even when as far as to call the kid a jerk. Barts the one with the character flaw.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

.....but I do like to see civility and respect between players 

I don't.

I prefer the old days, when players felt real passion about rivalries, and wouldn't life a finger to "respect" their most hated rivals.

And be assured, Brady is our most hated individual rival.

Fans and players alike today and soft and squishy when it comes to true passion. 

Results of everyone caring more for their fantasy football team and prop bets (or next contract for players) than their actual team.

48 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Bengals Easily a more exciting game and a win.  
Now Zach Wilson had a good game but if 220 yards and 1TD is getting you excited enough to call this the best game in 6 years then your expectations are set low.  
Definitely Zach’s best pro game but Darnold still had better games his rookie year than Wilson.   In particular I remember a game against the Packers where Darnold threw for 350 And 3TDs.  
Hindsight is always 20/20.  Just saying.  

Sure, I may be unfairly applying hindsight to my view on White's game, but today was more about just the stats that Zach put up. It was who he did it against, who he did it with, and how he looked doing it.

Still, I want to hear these other 5-6 games of yours. :)

1. Mike White against Bengals

2. Darnold against Packers

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Sure, I may be unfairly applying hindsight to my view on White's game, but today was more about just the stats that Zach put up. It was who he did it against, who he did it with, and how he looked doing it.

Still, I want to hear these other 5-6 games of yours. :)

1. Mike White against Bengals

2. Darnold against Packers

You’re not going to hear it because I pulled that number out my ass.  Lol.  But my point being was don’t let a mildly above average game cloud your take on where this game stands overall.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't.

I prefer the old days, when players felt real passion about rivalries, and wouldn't life a finger to "respect" their most hated rivals.

And be assured, Brady is our most hated individual rival.

Fans and players alike today and soft and squishy when it comes to true passion. 

Results of everyone caring more for their fantasy football team and prop bets (or next contract for players) than their actual team.

I agree with you.  That’s why I said I didn’t agree with it.  On the field he is our rival but off the field I’m not going to get mad at it as long as it’s not a minute after the game with cameras all over the place 

2 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

I just threw my glass table at my 65 inch TV, shattering both of them. This team has humiliated my entire family. My wife and kids are in tears as 40+ guests clear out of my house. Just threw my jersey into the firepit. I can't do this anymore. Goodbye 

Post of the month candidate

• Upvote 1