Speculation: Seahawks May Consider Trading D.K. Metcalf

Just now, jetstream23 said:

With the dire Salary Cap and Draft pick situation the Saints are in shouldn't the Jets be looking at someone like Micheal Thomas as a potential target?

His injury situation would need to be assessed obviously, but that's a bonafide WR1 and the Jets could possibly get him for a 2nd round pick.

Let’s say DK, Mike Thomas and Ridley all became available via trade for let’s say one of our 2nd rd picks. Who would be the best one to go after.

(Assuming Ridley is ready to play) I’d say 

DK

Ridley

Thomas 

In that order

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Oh if we could but fleece SEA just one more time.  Metcalf is an absolute beast and would certainly solve WR #1 for us.

What I don't get is why would they trade him?  He's young, a star, and they have cap room if they need to extend him now.

I guess you just made the case on why we shouldn't trade for him.  JMO

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think so, would love Ridley. I hope JD trades for a WR instead of drafting one. Not sure I trust these rookies coming out and Zach needs immediate help.

he should do both. 

Impossible to have enough WRs. 3-5 Jets WRs go on IR every year, at a minimum. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Oh if we could but fleece SEA just one more time.  Metcalf is an absolute beast and would certainly solve WR #1 for us.

What I don't get is why would they trade him?  He's young, a star, and they have cap room if they need to extend him now.

He’s their only tradable asset that can get them some picks back. They currently have no picks. And if Russ leaves it’s tough going into a rebuild with no draft capital 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd probably go...

Ridley, DK, Thomas.

I think Thomas' injury is a huge question mark and DK seems like a bit of an idiot.  Ridley is younger and if his head is screwed on right he'd be my first option I think.

Did Quinnen play with him for a year or two at Alabama?

IMO, Thomas isn't an option for me. 

I love the player, but he's played in 7 games the last two years.

After all of the injuries we have had in recent years (particularly at WR), we just can't afford to trade for injury prone guys, IMO

• Upvote 4

For one thing, thank you BB for trading that pick to the Seahawks.  Watching Metcalf do Metcalf things on the Patriots would have sucked.

For another, I can't see him going for less than a 1st rounder.  Not sure I want to give them back their pick so fast, but it would be tempting.  DAL traded a 1st rounder for Cooper which ended up being the 27th pick I think, so perhaps there is a swap possible except that SEA really needs to add picks, not just swap them.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, BP said:

Hard no thank you. He’s TO V2.0. He’s stupid and not a team player. Rex Ryan would love him.

This is a bad thing?? LOL what planet does this fan base live on some times? The Jets haven't had a receiver with TO abilities EVER. "Hard no thank you" *Compares to HOF receiver who's top 10 in every receiving statical category, caught 10 passes in a superbowl on a broken foot. Hard pass for me.. Y'all kill me sometimes ??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, undertow said:

Was a big fan of him coming out in the draft and he was top 10 WR in the league potential but the guy is a tool bag...would rather go after Ridley or draft another WR with one of the top 4 picks. 

I love the idea of Ridley - but are you worried about whatever went on with him and the Falcons this year? Need more info on that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I love the idea of Ridley - but are you worried about whatever went on with him and the Falcons this year? Need more info on that. 

Yeah I agree... I'm unsure what his deal is but all reports are he is a good dude.   Metcalf is a OBJ Adams level jerk off I can do without him.  Good wideouts aren't that hard to find no need to be desperate about acquiring one. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teams do not make high end young players available unless they are a big problem.  I love metcalfe the talent, but he has shown head case issues more and more.

Just what a young QB needs. Remember, the Giants kicked that di*k Shockey to the curb, and they never looked back.