Russell Wilson -> Broncos

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Not only did he make a smart play for Money, he's basically given himself the easiest road to the superbowl possible.  Now once he gets there its a different story, but the AFC playoffs will be an absolute GAUNTLET to get to the bowl

Exactly.  That’s why the Packers didn’t want to move on as well.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Holy sh*t this is a once in a generation trade for an elite QB.

I honestly feel horrible for Seahawks fans right now. Unless they absolutely hit on whatever picks they get this guts an organization that still had a large window with a top tier QB.

Outside of Wilson and a couple of receivers they really are devoid of talent.  I agree that Wilson's window is another 4-6 years but Seattle wasn't anywhere close to competing with him in that division for the foreseeable future. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

But the giants are a huge qb needy team.  The sell is, if you want a qb you must jump ahead of the giants.  Does anyone really think they’re sticking with jones beyond this season?

no but I dont think they're taking a QB this season and have already intimated to teams they are open to moving down at both spots.  Its a smart play for them.

Mara is in love with Jones, they basically have to give him the year, but if they can move down and acquire more picks for next year in a MUCH better QB draft possibly, it positions them to make moves to acquire the guy they want.  

They are the biggest challenge to the jets for trading down in my mind. 

Just now, David Harris said:

Outside of Wilson and a couple of receivers they really are devoid of talent.  I agree that Wilson's window is another 4-6 years but Seattle wasn't anywhere close to competing with him in that division for the foreseeable future. 

Seattle did the right thing.  Denver now has to build a good team around wilson with no draft picks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

no but I dont think they're taking a QB this season and have already intimated to teams they are open to moving down at both spots.  Its a smart play for them.

Mara is in love with Jones, they basically have to give him the year, but if they can move down and acquire more picks for next year in a MUCH better QB draft possibly, it positions them to make moves to acquire the guy they want.  

They are the biggest challenge to the jets for trading down in my mind. 

Maybe the giants take a qb, maybe they don’t.  But that’s not the point.  The point is, any other team that wants a qb simply can’t trust the giants NOT to take one with 2 top picks.  So if you’re carolina, say, you’d need to move to 4 to get your guy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, mrcoops said:

Compensation seems a little light to me. Only two 1sts, two 2nds and 3 players?

Unless the 3rd player is pro-bowl standard, the Broncos got a bargain here.

Wilson is 33 and no guarantee he plays past 40, or that his play stays at this level like Brady.

• Upvote 1

Hard not to think about Zach Wilson, #10 & #35 in this draft, and 2023 1st and 2nd round picks for Russell Wilson which is a better offer than the Broncos came up with.

Ton of compensation obviously, especially considering Zach was the #2 pick just last year, but I would make that trade assuming we would sign Russell Wilson to a long term deal.

• Thumb Down 9

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Compensation seems a little light to me. Only two 1sts, two 2nds and 3 players?

Unless the 3rd player is pro-bowl standard, the Broncos got a bargain here.

But.  Would you trade 2 second rounders and the best safety on the planet for Russell Wilson?

• Haha 3

Just now, David Harris said:

Jamal goes for 2 firsts and a third.

Wilson goes for 2 firsts, 2 seconds, Drew Lock and 2 players.

The Jamal Adams trade may be the best trade of the 21st century!

So far we turned that into avt.  Draft garrett wilson and you turned adams into 2 key offensive pieces.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

But the giants are a huge qb needy team.  The sell is, if you want a qb you must jump ahead of the giants.  Does anyone really think they’re sticking with jones beyond this season?

I am going with this Aug, I think we are sitting pretty if Wilis is legit

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Maybe the giants take a qb, maybe they don’t.  But that’s not the point.  The point is, any other team that wants a qb simply can’t trust the giants NOT to take one with 2 top picks.  So if you’re carolina, say, you’d need to move to 4 to get your guy.  

your bet would be carolina to jump the giants so that a team couldnt jump them in a trade with the Giants.  

While yes you are correct, you cant trust the giants to not take a QB, What they have told people is they are open to trading out of both spots.. If so, then they are a prime location to trade into if you want a QB.  Ahead of both now the Panthers and Seahawks.  

This is pure conjecture on my part but I also think they may have a smaller asking price considering the player they are looking at at 5 may be there still at 7 since it is so close.  Where as with the Jets, if there is someone JD likes a lot at 4 there is very little chance they make it to 10.  

9 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Holy sh*t this is a once in a generation trade for an elite QB.

I honestly feel horrible for Seahawks fans right now. Unless they absolutely hit on whatever picks they get this guts an organization that still had a large window with a top tier QB.

Like the ones that came in here and ? talked us about how great Jamal was going to be for them and how dumb JD was for moving him? Enjoy the Prez, boys.

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

your bet would be carolina to jump the giants so that a team couldnt jump them in a trade with the Giants.  

While yes you are correct, you cant trust the giants to not take a QB, What they have told people is they are open to trading out of both spots.. If so, then they are a prime location to trade into if you want a QB.  Ahead of both now the Panthers and Seahawks.  

This is pure conjecture on my part but I also think they may have a smaller asking price considering the player they are looking at at 5 may be there still at 7 since it is so close.  Where as with the Jets, if there is someone JD likes a lot at 4 there is very little chance they make it to 10.  

You may be right as well.  I can see the jets taking an edge at 4, but then having an active market for the 10 pick.  Though, if the jets don’t get a quality wr in fa, it will be very tempting to take either wilson or london at 10, kind of a no brainer.

• Upvote 1