Russell Wilson -> Broncos

16 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Im just not sold that they will keep Jones. New GM and HC have no ties to him and Jones has shown very little

He will be kept for this year from what Ive heard, and they will bring in someone to at minimum push him for the job.  Not a draft pick though.  They are prepared to pick players at 5 and 7 but i think ideally there are conversations that they want to trade down from one of those spots.. Gather some more draft capital for next year, then if necessary make an all in push for one of the top QBs.  Just a mix of things I've heard when ive talked about the jets being able to trade down. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Jamal really went in there like the hand grenade he is and blew up the whole f*cking franchise.

And we were paid well for the trouble. What a guy. 

JD takes a lot of crap on this board and admittedly some is from me however, the Jamal trade will always be a part of his history in a positive way. Not to overstate it but it might be top 10 in modern era football.

Have to give him props for that. 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

JD takes a lot of crap on this board and admittedly some is from me however, the Jamal trade will always be a part of his history in a positive way. Not to overstate it but it might be top 10 in modern era football.

Have to give him props for that. 

His trades have been very good.

His drafts have been split.

His FA have been split, some with some freakishly bad luck from injuries.

18 hours ago, Hex said:

I don't think Wilson wanted to stay. He wasn't going to be part of a rebuild and the front office and GM and coaches knew it.

I heard that as well.  If Wilson, kind of like Brady, wanted a change and/or did not want to deal with a rebuild, then I get the trade.  If I am the owner and I think there is an issue with their ownership, I go to Russell and say what do we need to do to keep you?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

If I am the owner and I think there is an issue with their ownership, I go to Russell and say what do we need to do to keep you?

And he would have calmly replied...a say so in players and 50M a year comparable to Rogers. 

Pretty easy.

15 hours ago, Ben Had said:

And he would have calmly replied...a say so in players and 50M a year comparable to Rogers. 

Pretty easy.

And you should agree.

Seattle has issues.  Most of which, if not all, you can place at the feet of Pete and the GM.  

On 3/9/2022 at 9:21 AM, chirorob said:

Food for thought.

Denver uses 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders to get 30 year old QB in his prime.

Jets use 1 high first rounder, 3 high second rounders to get Sam Darnold.

More food for thought.

The Seahawks traded two 1sts, one 3rd and 1 player for Jamal and one 4th.

Two years later, the Seahawks took two 1sts, two 2nds one 5th and two players for Russ.

In a variant timeline, we could have traded Jamal and two 2nds for Russ.

?

• Upvote 1